Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Predict our 1st round draft pick...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    My guess is Jarrad Davis LB from Florida

    Comment


    • #17
      These guys SHOULD be gone. If they're not, then some craziness happened and we have a good problem

      OJ Howard
      Christian McCaffrey


      That leaves this group

      Forrest Lamp
      David Njoku


      Garett Bolles
      Raekwon McMillan
      Takkarist McKinley


      Dalvin Cook
      Jabrill Peppers
      Zach Cunningham

      Personally I think they'll pass on Cook, McMillian would be too early soooo I think they'll take Bolles, move flowers to RG, Fluker to RT

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
        it would honestly be one of the most shocking moves ever in Giants took Evan Engram in the 1st. Like i give that a .3% chance lol

        and idk how Engram is safer? He's rarely if ever played on the line. So either he's going to have a learning curve just like Njoku, or they're going to line him up as WR.
        Yeah...but if the Giants think Engram is key to getting defenses out of there cover 2 formations and our team scoring another 7 points per game for this season, they may not hesitate to do it. Its all about who they think makes the team better and by how much ultimately. I'd be surprised by it too, but ya never know.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
          it would honestly be one of the most shocking moves ever in Giants took Evan Engram in the 1st. Like i give that a .3% chance lol

          and idk how Engram is safer? He's rarely if ever played on the line. So either he's going to have a learning curve just like Njoku, or they're going to line him up as WR.
          He certainly played the line but is def more a receiving TE, same as Njoku. Ellison sure as heck can't catch so I'm sssuming we signed him for pass protection. Njoku is only a sophomore, 20 years old, and inexperienced. I like Njoku a whole lot and would rather pick him over Engram cuz of his athletic ability and high ceiling, but the cost is that he needs better ball handling, route running, and pass blocking and is def a work in progress. Engram is coming into the draft hot after a great senior year (65 for 926 and 8tds), an Impressive senior bowl and solidified his value with an outstanding combine. He has been moving up the boards and there's plenty of talk of him going in the 1st now. I think Engram is a safer pick because of his long college career, he's a mismatch nightmare for safeties, runs better routes, and has much better hands than Njoku (prob best pass catcher in his class of TEs). Like I said, JR never ceases to amaze me. I highly doubt Engram goes before Njoku but I think there is certainly an argument for him being a safer pick. Just my 2 cents
          2017 Draft Wishlist:
          1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
          2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
          3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
          4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
          5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
          6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
          7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

          sigpic
          "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
          - Homer J. Simpson

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
            Yeah...but if the Giants think Engram is key to getting defenses out of there cover 2 formations and our team scoring another 7 points per game for this season, they may not hesitate to do it. Its all about who they think makes the team better and by how much ultimately. I'd be surprised by it too, but ya never know.
            I agree 100%. Several analysts have compared Engram to Jordan Reed, id take that (minus Reed's injuries).
            2017 Draft Wishlist:
            1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
            2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
            3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
            4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
            5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
            6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
            7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

            sigpic
            "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
            - Homer J. Simpson

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
              I agree 100%. Several analysts have compared Engram to Jordan Reed, id take that (minus Reed's injuries).
              It may be more likely they move down from 23 to target him or move up in the second. We shall see!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                It may be more likely they move down from 23 to target him or move up in the second. We shall see!
                Very unlike JR but who knows
                2017 Draft Wishlist:
                1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

                sigpic
                "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                - Homer J. Simpson

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                  Yeah...but if the Giants think Engram is key to getting defenses out of there cover 2 formations and our team scoring another 7 points per game for this season, they may not hesitate to do it. Its all about who they think makes the team better and by how much ultimately. I'd be surprised by it too, but ya never know.
                  yes i mean in a sense you can say that about anyone in the draft. but from everything i've seen in Giants football in the last 10 years, no where does it show that a player like Evan Engram is a Giants type of player. that's why i give it a very minimal chance of happening in the first round and it would be the utmost shock to me

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                    yes i mean in a sense you can say that about anyone in the draft. but from everything i've seen in Giants football in the last 10 years, no where does it show that a player like Evan Engram is a Giants type of player. that's why i give it a very minimal chance of happening in the first round and it would be the utmost shock to me
                    I hear ya...but this is the time of year we fans get to play GM and have some fun discussing the possibilities!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
                      He certainly played the line but is def more a receiving TE, same as Njoku. Ellison sure as heck can't catch so I'm sssuming we signed him for pass protection. Njoku is only a sophomore, 20 years old, and inexperienced. I like Njoku a whole lot and would rather pick him over Engram cuz of his athletic ability and high ceiling, but the cost is that he needs better ball handling, route running, and pass blocking and is def a work in progress. Engram is coming into the draft hot after a great senior year (65 for 926 and 8tds), an Impressive senior bowl and solidified his value with an outstanding combine. He has been moving up the boards and there's plenty of talk of him going in the 1st now. I think Engram is a safer pick because of his long college career, he's a mismatch nightmare for safeties, runs better routes, and has much better hands than Njoku (prob best pass catcher in his class of TEs). Like I said, JR never ceases to amaze me. I highly doubt Engram goes before Njoku but I think there is certainly an argument for him being a safer pick. Just my 2 cents
                      to me this all sounds like he's a really solid WR. Not a TE. that's why i think Engram may need more work if he is to be a TE. Njoku has more experience playing actual TE and even though he's not a great blocker, he's better than Engram. Engrams receiving skills may be safer. But he's going to have a big learning curve ahead of him as well as Njoku, unless the team that takes him uses him the same way Ole Miss did, pretty much as a slot WR.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                        I hear ya...but this is the time of year we fans get to play GM and have some fun discussing the possibilities!
                        lol im with ya. and im not usually one to rule players out. But i think in the 1st taking Engram would be reaching and im not sure the Giants do that with a TE. Reese never seems to value TE high either. idk just my thought process i'll eat crow if im wrong haha

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                          to me this all sounds like he's a really solid WR. Not a TE. that's why i think Engram may need more work if he is to be a TE. Njoku has more experience playing actual TE and even though he's not a great blocker, he's better than Engram. Engrams receiving skills may be safer. But he's going to have a big learning curve ahead of him as well as Njoku, unless the team that takes him uses him the same way Ole Miss did, pretty much as a slot WR.
                          No biggy, agree to disagree.. cheers
                          2017 Draft Wishlist:
                          1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                          2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                          3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                          4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                          5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                          6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                          7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

                          sigpic
                          "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                          - Homer J. Simpson

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                            lol im with ya. and im not usually one to rule players out. But i think in the 1st taking Engram would be reaching and im not sure the Giants do that with a TE. Reese never seems to value TE high either. idk just my thought process i'll eat crow if im wrong haha
                            One thing I've learned from the draft is that what fans consider a reach, may not be to the front office. JR is known for reaching in some drafts, especially if he's going for position.
                            2017 Draft Wishlist:
                            1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                            2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                            3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                            4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                            5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                            6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                            7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

                            sigpic
                            "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                            - Homer J. Simpson

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                              Last year we picked #10 and I tried having a list of 5 guys I was sure to be our pick. I was wrong. Apple wasn't even in my top ten. So this year at pick #23 I will try to list 10 possibilities for our pick. I encourage everyone to do the same. See if you can get our pick right. Some of these guys will be gone, some will fall. Hopefully one of them is our pick. IMO the first 5 are head and shoulders rated higher than the 2nd 5. If one of them is on the board I think they are our pick.

                              OJ Howard
                              Dalvin Cook
                              Christian McCaffrey
                              Zach Cunningham
                              Forrest Lamp

                              Jabrill Peppers
                              David Njoku
                              Garett Bolles
                              Raekwon McMillan
                              Takkarist McKinley
                              If Howard or McCaffrey were available at 23, I would be all in for either. But for argument sake, I'm going to say both will be gone by 23. I think that at least one or two, of Bolles, Ramcyzk, Robinson or Lamp will be gone. I think Cunningham, Cook, Njoku, McMillan, McKinley, McDowell, Charlton, Peppers and maybe even Red**** will be available at 23.

                              If Lamp was one of the O-linemen not picked by 23, I would be good with that. I think he can start immediately at either guard position or RT. I think, barring injury, Flowers will start off the season at LT, but Reese needs to have a plan B or C, in case.

                              If Lamp is gone, I can see Reese breaking the "trend of not selecting a LB in the 1st rd since 1984" and taking Cunningham. Both Casillas and Robinson are free agents after the 2017 season. I think he can come in this year, play in some packages and contribute on special teams, then take over the Will full-time next year.

                              I think the Giants pass on some of the other players for one reason or another ie: red flags, depth of certain positions in the draft.

                              And of course I am an amateur when it comes to evaluations and who I consider a value or a reach. I just hope the Giants don't draft a QB at 23 and am not a fan of Peppers at 23.
                              Last edited by TNGMen871; 04-18-2017, 10:40 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
                                Ellison sure as heck can't catch
                                What in the world makes you say this? He had a catch percentage of 77%. Just to compare to another backup we signed, Martellus Bennett had a 65% before coming here. I don't think there has ever been a scouting report of Ellison that said he can't catch. The guy has very good hands. He just happened to be a backup to a Pro Bowl tight end. Don't buy into the hype of him just being a "blocking" TE.


                                Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
                                One thing I've learned from the draft is that what fans consider a reach, may not be to the front office. JR is known for reaching in some drafts, especially if he's going for position.
                                I agree 100%. I say it every year. It's not a reach just because a guy gets taken before random internet people thought he should. ODB was considered a reach by many people lol.
                                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                                "Next man up"

                                "I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X