No announcement yet.

Predict our 1st round draft pick...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one thinks Carl Lawson has an outside shot, I think he and Adams could be picked b the Giants

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
      No one thinks Carl Lawson has an outside shot, I think he and Adams could be picked b the Giants
      im an Auburn fan so im a fan of both, Lawson especially

Comment

my picks :

Lamp
        David Njoku
        Jordan Willis
        Hassan Red****
        Tyus Bowser
        Kevin King
        Obi Melifonwu
        Pat Mahomes

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
          What in the world makes you say this? He had a catch percentage of 77%. Just to compare to another backup we signed, Martellus Bennett had a 65% before coming here. I don't think there has ever been a scouting report of Ellison that said he can't catch. The guy has very good hands.
          Then I stand corrected. The articles I read were that we grabbed him solely for blocking purposes. Figured MN woulda used him more if his hands were that great.
          2017 Draft Wishlist:
          1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
          2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
          3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
          4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
          5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
          6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
          7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
          "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
          - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
            Then I stand corrected. The articles I read were that we grabbed him solely for blocking purposes. Figured MN woulda used him more if his hands were that great.
            No worries. IMO most sports articles are just re-writes of other articles and don't have any insight. I don't personally know if Ellison will catch 50+ passes here or if he will play FB more than TE; but the guy has very good hands. I would feel safe predicting 30+ catches this year. He should have no trouble getting on the field and is a good route runner which Eli will like. Only real competition right now is Adams.
            LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
              Too many injuries for Lawson. I dont see him as a realistic 1st round guy for us. If he fell to round 2, then sure.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                Tyus Bowser, Derek Barnett, Malik Mcdowell, Evan Engram, Jarad Davis all could surprise.
                Well done sir.

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
                I also wouldn't be surprised if Njoku were still available but JR has Engram higher on his board (safer pick) and going that route
                Nailed it. Good job.

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                it would honestly be one of the most shocking moves ever in Giants took Evan Engram in the 1st. Like i give that a .3% chance lol
                Sorry Mr. Wilson. Always fun coming back to read this stuff after the draft. I was shocked too. Didn't even think it was possible.
                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Had a few guys that knew his worth and I'm sure will be really happy they picked him once the season starts
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

I predict it will be Evan Engram..

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                      I predict it will be Evan Engram..
                      you're really sticking your neck out on that one! lol

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                        Well done sir.

Nailed it. Good job.

Sorry Mr. Wilson. Always fun coming back to read this stuff after the draft. I was shocked too. Didn't even think it was possible.
                        Tailigatin nailed it hook line & sinker. Very impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                          I think it will be Cunningham.. and I want it to Cunningham
                          Isnt it amazing we could have drafted him with our 2ND! round pick, but we are unfortunately strapped with a GM who refuses to do ANYTHING to help out our LB corps. Oh, and we could have had Foster with our 1st pick. Its utterly mind boggling.
                          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                            Isnt it amazing we could have drafted him with our 2ND! round pick, but we are unfortunately strapped with a GM who refuses to do ANYTHING to help out our LB corps. Oh, and we could have had Foster with our 1st pick. Its utterly mind boggling.
                            Our D is about the D line and secondary. I like our LB's actually but either way, they play less of a role than on most other schemes.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              Our D is about the D line and secondary. I like our LB's actually but either way, they play less of a role than on most other schemes.
                              Yes it is, which is why he continues to ignore LBs who can actually cover a TE. Cunningham should have been a no brainer for us in the 2nd. I like Tomlinson, but come on. Zack was a 1st round talent for a position we needed help in.

Robinson
                              Kennard (while he is healthy)
                              Herzlich
                              who else?

Casillas? He is not good.

ITs a joke.

OK, check this out:

52 Casillas, Jonathan LB 6-1 227 29 8 Wisconsin
                              49 Grant, Curtis LB 6-2 240 24 1 Ohio State
                              94 Herzlich, Mark LB 6-4 246 29 6 Boston College
                              59 Kennard, Devon LB 6-3 251 25 3 USC
                              37 Pinkins, Eric LB 6-3 230 25 3 San Diego State
                              53 Skinner, Deontae LB 6-2 250 26 2 Mississippi State
                              55 Thomas, J.T. LB 6-1 236 28 5 West Virginia
                              57 Robinson, Keenan ILB 6-3 238 27 5 Texas
                              93 Goodson, B.J. OLB 6-0 242 23 0 Clemson

That is by far the worst group of LBs in the NFL.
                              Last edited by TheAnalyst; 05-01-2017, 11:50 AM.
                              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                                Yes it is, which is why he continues to ignore LBs who can actually cover a TE. Cunningham should have been a no brainer for us in the 2nd. I like Tomlinson, but come on. Zack was a 1st round talent for a position we needed help in.
                                I thought Tomlinson was a great pick. Good value and he's the kind of player that can get on the field right away. And it filled a gaping need on the defense with the loss of Hankins.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X