No announcement yet.

Predict our 1st round draft pick...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raanan article today indicates Cunningham really underwhelmed Giants at his combine interview and they always say the medical/interviews are most important aspects of combine process.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      I thought Tomlinson was a great pick. Good value and he's the kind of player that can get on the field right away. And it filled a gaping need on the defense with the loss of Hankins.
      As I said, Im ok with Tomlinson. I think he can step in and play. But IMO, Zack would have upgraded our LB position tremendously. Personally, I thought he was the 2nd or 3rd best LB in this draft.
      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
        Raanan article today indicates Cunningham really underwhelmed Giants at his combine interview and they always say the medical/interviews are most important aspects of combine process.
        Didnt know that. But if medicals are important, why did they draft a 300lb DT with 2 ACL injuries?

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          Yes it is, which is why he continues to ignore LBs who can actually cover a TE. Cunningham should have been a no brainer for us in the 2nd. I like Tomlinson, but come on. Zack was a 1st round talent for a position we needed help in.
          The minute Hank didn't resign I said this would happen. People on here typically said it's no problem we can replace him easily in the draft. While that may be true it would cost us another position. We were stuck with a tough choice. We need a starting DT, we don't need a starting LBer this year. I would have loved Cunningham but DT is the bigger need for this year. Goodson, Kennard, Robinson and Casillas are all better players than Bromley and Thomas. Tomlinson was the better "win this year" pick as much as I would have loved Cunningham.
          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Yes it is, which is why he continues to ignore LBs who can actually cover a TE. Cunningham should have been a no brainer for us in the 2nd. I like Tomlinson, but come on. Zack was a 1st round talent for a position we needed help in.

Robinson
            Kennard (while he is healthy)
            Herzlich
            who else?

Casillas? He is not good.

ITs a joke.

OK, check this out:

52 Casillas, Jonathan LB 6-1 227 29 8 Wisconsin
            49 Grant, Curtis LB 6-2 240 24 1 Ohio State
            94 Herzlich, Mark LB 6-4 246 29 6 Boston College
            59 Kennard, Devon LB 6-3 251 25 3 USC
            37 Pinkins, Eric LB 6-3 230 25 3 San Diego State
            53 Skinner, Deontae LB 6-2 250 26 2 Mississippi State
            55 Thomas, J.T. LB 6-1 236 28 5 West Virginia
            57 Robinson, Keenan ILB 6-3 238 27 5 Texas
            93 Goodson, B.J. OLB 6-0 242 23 0 Clemson

That is by far the worst group of LBs in the NFL.
            I like Robinson, Kennard and Goodson. Then add Casillas and Thomas for depth. I have to disagree that it's all that bad. Then look at our D line and secondary. That's a hell of a defense right now if the stay healthy like they did last year.

It's the cap era, you can't be strong everywhere. If we didn't draft a DT there would have been a well deserved uproar here.

We had a huge hole at D tackle going into this draft.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
              The minute Hank didn't resign I said this would happen. People on here typically said it's no problem we can replace him easily in the draft. While that may be true it would cost us another position. We were stuck with a tough choice. We need a starting DT, we don't need a starting LBer this year. I would have loved Cunningham but DT is the bigger need for this year. Goodson, Kennard, Robinson and Casillas are all better players than Bromley and Thomas. Tomlinson was the better "win this year" pick as much as I would have loved Cunningham.
              If we signed Hankins it would have blown all our cap space. Then we would have had to cut other players...probably starters to get enough cap space just to sign our draft picks.
              It's not that easy.

Comment

Didnt know that. But if medicals are important, why did they draft a 300lb DT with 2 ACL injuries?
                My guess is they OKd him because they happened so long ago. First was in 2011 in highschool and the second at the start of the 2013 season. He has shown a full recovery since then. I'll still be nervous when he is out there.
                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Tomlinson hasnt missed a game in 3 years.The ACL tears happened in HS and when he was a freshman.

Comment

If we signed Hankins it would have blown all our cap space. Then we would have had to cut other players...probably starters to get enough cap space just to sign our draft picks.
                    It's not that easy.
                    I know. We could not afford him at that price. I was hoping to get him for the deal we offered. I don't blame the Giants at all, I just knew what it meant when he didn't sign here.
                    "Next man up"

Comment

I like Robinson, Kennard and Goodson. Then add Casillas and Thomas for depth. I have to disagree that it's all that bad. Then look at our D line and secondary. That's a hell of a defense right now if the stay healthy like they did last year.

It's the cap era, you can't be strong everywhere. If we didn't draft a DT there would have been a well deserved uproar here.

We had a huge hole at D tackle going into this draft.
                      I guess I would have just drafted Cunningham in the 2nd (assuming not Foster in the 1st), and went DT where they picked Webb. I was high on Montravius Adams and he was picked like 10 picks after Webb in the 3rd by the Packers. I mean, most DTs who play next to Snacks and have Vernon and JPP on the outside will look pretty good.

Comment

And one other thing to consider here. If JR is picking a DT over a LB, that is also driven by the coaching staff. If Spags is there crying for a LB I promise you we would be more apt to address that position. JR doesn't work in a vacuum. It's collaborative.

Obviously a lot of guy in the Giants hierarchy are on the same page with this tendency regarding LB's in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                          Tomlinson hasnt missed a game in 3 years.The ACL tears happened in HS and when he was a freshman.
                          So he is due then? lol JK

Comment

Working...
                          X