No announcement yet.

Who would you take in this scenario?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do we really think the giants can open up the offense to use mccaffrey to his ability without a coordinator change, etc..
    That's why we discuss, We all have different perspectives. Ride and Die with the NY Giants

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
      this is where im torn about McAffrey. Not skill wise or anything, but how will he be used. Will he just be a scat back type and thrown all around the formation? will he just be a 3rd down and KR/PR guy? will he be a 15+ carry guy?

i think McAffrey can be good in any role, but how will the team that takes him use him is the question.

if the Giants took him i would think it would be straight committee. Cut Vereen like you said, 10-12 carries for McAffrey, 10-12 carries for Perkins. Another 3-4 receptions a game for McAffrey. So maybe a 15-10 touch split between Perkins and McAffrey. Also would be interesting to see if the Giants would use him as a returner. He's obviously dynamic at returning and a skill that we can use, but im not sure if he would be like a full time returner. i think i would see it more kind of like Odell, depending on game situation put him as returner.

it's all cool to think about. Would be awesome to land him too. we'll see if he lasts to our pick
      I think McCaffery can be an 18-20 touch a game guy. In this day and age, thats a lead back. I really like Perkins, but Mccaffery is a much more talented player.

Comment

Originally posted by dmighty326 View Post
        do we really think the giants can open up the offense to use mccaffrey to his ability without a coordinator change, etc..
        McAdoo will be fine. Our offense worked in 2015. I think him taking on both the play calling and the HC job last year hurt. He will have a better understanding on how to manage both jobs in his 2nd year.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
          I think McCaffery can be an 18-20 touch a game guy. In this day and age, thats a lead back. I really like Perkins, but Mccaffery is a much more talented player.
          I agree. I like Perkins too, but he is not a reason to pass on a talented RB. Also because you need more than one RB these days anyway.

Comment

McCaffery please.

Comment

This is my take on drafting McCaffery . I don't have faith in McAdoo's offensive play calling and creativeness yet. If i were to pick a player offensively out of the list it would be Njoku. I think he will open up the offense a lot more than Mcaffery.

Comment

Giants offense in 2014 & 2015 were both good. Im willing to give McAdoo the benefit of the doubt for last year, so i think we would be fine and able to adapt.

Comment

Working...
                X