Jordan Raanan Top 10 Likely First Round Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    So, scratch off all the LBs on that list. I could see Bolles high on their list. OJ Howard if he is there as well. Those are the 2 I see the Giants high on.
    Why are you scratching the LBs off? With most of our LB corps becoming FAs next year, there is a need. I think Davis if there is the pick.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
      There are mixed opinions on Cam. Some think he is a RT only type, some believe he is a franchise LT. In today's NFL, both OTs are equally important, so if he is RT only, so what.
      If they are both as important than why would you be OK with him on the right side but not ok with him on the left?

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
        If they are both as important than why would you be OK with him on the right side but not ok with him on the left?
        I am fine with him on either side. I did not originally like him but after watching more tape, I am totally fine with him.

Comment

I am fine with him on either side. I did not originally like him but after watching more tape, I am totally fine with him.
          Oh ok we're on the same page than.

I don't really like an this exclusively left side vs right side. I get the blindside I really do... But pass rushers these days like to line up all over the place to find their best mismatch.

That's why I don't really care what side they play. There is no where to hide in the NFL these days. If you are a tackle that can't pass block you will be exposed in either side

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
            Oh ok we're on the same page than.

I don't really like an this exclusively left side vs right side. I get the blindside I really do... But pass rushers these days like to line up all over the place to find their best mismatch.

That's why I don't really care what side they play. There is no where to hide in the NFL these days. If you are a tackle that can't pass block you will be exposed in either side
            agreed. Pass rushers move around all the time and can rush from the left or right side. Sure they may play one side more than the other, but if there is a weakness the DC will try and expose it. Doesnt matter where the persons lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
              Because we don't have a RT. I have high hopes for Fluker there but it's certainly a weak spot.

I'm in that boat too. I trust the team will grab someone good. If Flowers is our worst 1st/2nd round pick in 3 years we are doing better than most of the NFL.
              agreed about Fluker. I've seen a ton of vids he's posted on social media oh him working as a RT, but who knows if he is even good enough to win that spot. Plus, he's only on a 1 year contract. We still need a long term solution. It's better to have too many options than too little.

im still holding out hope on Flowers. Obv he hasnt given much film to be excited about. But he is still extremely young. He's 2 years younger than Bolles and he has 2 years experience in the NFL already. There's still room to get better.

i wouldnt exactly say im expecting him to get better, but i am holding out hope that he can actually get better lol

Comment

So, long the majority of QB are right handed,. The Blind Side ( left side ) will be dominant.

Comment

Also, do not forget about Hart. He will be a year physically and mentally older. I believe he's younger then Flowers.

Comment

Take Cam Robinson off that list and I'd be ok with any of those guys at 23 (even though I am not a fan of Cunningham I could tolerate it.)

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
                      Also, do not forget about Hart. He will be a year physically and mentally older. I believe he's younger then Flowers.
                      Hart is not a starting caliber tackle. He makes Newhouse look like John Hannah

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                        Hart is not a starting caliber tackle. He makes Newhouse look like John Hannah
                        I think Hart can maybe grow into one. But right now, you are correct. He is not there.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
                          They're actually the same age (well Flowers is 4 months older lol, but both born in 94). But i agree that Hart may improve. People are very quick to write off Flowers, but it is quite possible he gets better too. They'll both only be 23 when the season starts. In comparison rookies Ryan Ramczyk and Bolles will be 23 & 25, respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                            They're actually the same age (well Flowers is 4 months older lol, but both born in 94). But i agree that Hart may improve. People are very quick to write off Flowers, but it is quite possible he gets better too. They'll both only be 23 when the season starts. In comparison rookies Ryan Ramczyk and Bolles will be 23 & 25, respectively.
                            I never liked the Flowers pick but I agree with you. He is our LT so we have to hope for an improvement. He was actually good for the first 4-5 games last season. He went downhill when Pugh got hurt and didnt recover. Hopefully Pugh stays healthy and provides the mental support to Flowers that he seems to need. Ellison will help too.

Comment

Hart just needs to get stronger. He doesn't get beat much, but he can get abused with power/bull rushes.

Comment

Why are you scratching the LBs off? With most of our LB corps becoming FAs next year, there is a need. I think Davis if there is the pick.
                                Jerry Reese... LB later in the draft, not the 1st. Ive been wanting a LB for years and years now in the 1st. I have just come to realize he doesnt value LBs. Then again, he doesnt really value TEs either.
                                WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Working...
                                X