Jordan Raanan Top 10 Likely First Round Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
    I don't really like an this exclusively left side vs right side.
    Playing the left side vs the right side is not the same thing. Weston Richburg actually spoke at great length about this. Centers need to be strong in both directions and he had to adjust to this going back to center from guard. Many guys develop playing on a certain side and are better on that side (left or right). The stance, the movement ect is different.

Now specifically about Cam. He played all three years at LT so I would think he'd be better there. I don't buy into the thinking he will only be a RT in the NFL.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      Jerry Reese... LB later in the draft, not the 1st. Ive been wanting a LB for years and years now in the 1st. I have just come to realize he doesnt value LBs. Then again, he doesnt really value TEs either.
      What LBs has he skipped over? And who did he take instead? I think this is the year he grabs a LB early.

Comment

So what I learned in this article is that every year Jordan Raanan has been wrong about his prediction of who the Giants value based on who the Giants have drafted.

Trust me, I'd love the Davis pick. Davis was someone that I've talked about before on these forums that he looks better than Cunningham. He is explosive, he tackles better, he's an animal on the field. I could understand why the Giants would like Cunningham and could use him on the team but I was always in the "Davis camp".

This reminds me of the thread I just created a few days ago about how the Giants might be trying to elevate certain players (Cunningham) in order for their stock to rise so that they can get someone else. This sounds like that doesn't it? Reese was at Cunningham's pro day, he wasn't at Davis' pro day. McAdoo was at Mahomes' pro day but Raanan says that Watson is higher on the list (Reese and McAdoo was not at Watson's pro day). Rising player's stock to help your position?

I take what he says with a grain of salt. Njoku is off the list... that means he is being selected. lol. Njoku has been on a media blitz as of late. I'm not sure if I've seen a prospect on more radio/tv shows than Njoku in this draft. Seems like he is preparing for a large media market....
        Last edited by compaqnigg; 04-19-2017, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
          Playing the left side vs the right side is not the same thing. Weston Richburg actually spoke at great length about this. Centers need to be strong in both directions and he had to adjust to this going back to center from guard. Many guys develop playing on a certain side and are better on that side (left or right). The stance, the movement ect is different.

Now specifically about Cam. He played all three years at LT so I would think he'd be better there. I don't buy into the thinking he will only be a RT in the NFL.
          Centers?

There is no left or right center. If a player is more used to one side.. Then yeah they may feel a little awkward at first but that's what the offseason is for. If the skills are there then the are there.. And if they are not then they are not.
          Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
            So what I learned in this article is that every year Jordan Raanan has been wrong about his prediction of who the Giants value based on who the Giants have drafted.

Trust me, I'd love the Davis pick. Davis was someone that I've talked about before on these forums that he looks better than Cunningham. He is explosive, he tackles better, he's an animal on the field. I could understand why the Giants would like Cunningham and could use him on the team but I was always in the "Davis camp".

This reminds me of the thread I just created a few days ago about how the Giants might be trying to elevate certain players (Cunningham) in order for their stock to rise so that they can get someone else. This sounds like that doesn't it? Reese was at Cunningham's pro day, he wasn't at Davis' pro day. McAdoo was at Mahomes' pro day but Raanan says that Watson is higher on the list (Reese and McAdoo was not at Watson's pro day). Rising player's stock to help your position?

I take what he says with a grain of salt. Njoku is off the list... that means he is being selected. lol. Njoku has been on a media blitz as of late. I'm not sure if I've seen a prospect on more radio/tv shows than Njoku in this draft. Seems like he is preparing for a large media market....
            eh the 3 years he's done it he had Odell #5 on most likely to draft, Flowers, #1, and Apple wasnt on his list. Everyone says Giants loved Floyd and Conklin last year but they were taken ahead of the Giants. i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Obv dont take what he says as gospel, but a good chance one of those players in his 10 will be the pick.

But the draft is unpredictable, esp at 23. So who knows who falls or what's gonna happen lol

Comment

First off, let me say that Jordan Raanan is 10x better than the last putz that ESPN had covering the GIANTS. I don't even remember his name but the guy was a Jerk.

Jarrad Davis - No Problem with taking him
              Garret Bolles - No Problem with taking him
              Cam Robinson - Good Player, but seems similar to Flowers and Fluker
              Zach Cunningham - No Problem with taking him
              Charles Harris - Would love taking him
              OJ Howard - Would love taking him, he won't be there though
              Christian McCaffrey - Would love him, but he won't be there
              Hassan Reddik - Not sure
              Taco Charlton - Ehh, not sure about that
              DeShawn Watson - I am a big fan of his, I would be OK if we took him or Mahomes

Not on the list:
              Forrest Lamp - he will be a gamer, and teams that pass on him will regret it.
              Dalvin Cook - I guess he is just not in consideration
              David Njoku - Watch, he'll end up being the pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
                First off, let me say that Jordan Raanan is 10x better than the last putz that ESPN had covering the GIANTS. I don't even remember his name but the guy was a Jerk.

Hassan Reddik - Not sure

Not on the list:
                Hassan is prob the best pick on that list, what aren't you sure about? He crushed the season, his bowl game, and the combine.
                2017 Draft Wishlist:
                1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
                "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
                  Hassan is prob the best pick on that list, what aren't you sure about? He crushed the season, his bowl game, and the combine.
                  I just don't know a lot about him. I haven't really looked into him at all.

Jarrad Davis and Charles Harris are they two guys I want the most right now.

I am sure it will change before the draft though.

Comment

Hassan Reddik - Not sure

Not on the list:
                    Dan Graziano? And yes he was a jerk

Comment

I just don't know a lot about him. I haven't really looked into him at all.

Jarrad Davis and Charles Harris are they two guys I want the most right now.

I am sure it will change before the draft though.
                      Gotcha, yeah those guys are great too but I think Hassan is the real deal and a notch above those 2
                      2017 Draft Wishlist:
                      1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                      2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                      3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                      4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                      5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                      6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                      7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
                      "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                      - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
                        Gotcha, yeah those guys are great too but I think Hassan is the real deal and a notch above those 2
                        I'm not sold on harris or taco as 1st rounders. i sure hope they aren't the pick and if they are i sure hope i'm wrong about them.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                          What LBs has he skipped over? And who did he take instead? I think this is the year he grabs a LB early.
                          Ever?

Jon Beason
                          Anthony Spencer
                          Paul Posluszny
                          DAvid Harris
                          Justin Durrant
                          James Laurinaitis
                          Rey Maualuga
                          Sean Weatherspoon
                          Daryl Washington
                          Sean Lee
                          Brandon Spikes
                          NaVorro Bowman

Im not saying he should have drafted a LB every year and that his choice wasnt actually better, but man, we missed out on LB talents over the years.

I just want one *** kicking LB. ONE on the corps. Foster Cunningham Davis McMillian Red****. At least attempt to get a good LB.
                          Last edited by TheAnalyst; 04-20-2017, 04:29 PM.
                          The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                            Ever?

Jon Beason
                            Anthony Spencer
                            Paul Posluszny
                            DAvid Harris
                            Justin Durrant
                            James Laurinaitis
                            Rey Maualuga
                            Sean Weatherspoon
                            Daryl Washington
                            Sean Lee
                            Brandon Spikes
                            NaVorro Bowman

Im not saying he should have drafted a LB every year and that his choice wasnt actually better, but man, we missed out on LB talents over the years.

I just want one *** kicking LB. ONE on the corps. Foster Cunningham Davis McMillian Red****. At least attempt to get a good LB.
                            Not the greatest list of players, i mean, when you relate it to the constant moaning around here, which one of those players was a catalyst for their teams to winning a championship?. I mean you really put Sean Weatherspoon there?

I mean fans here where *****ing but who did we take rather than Weatherspoon in 2010? a guy called JPP who legitimately a DPOY candidate his sophmore year....the year we won the SB.

Maybe, just maybe our GM does understand positional value

Comment

Working...
                            X