Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.s...end_tackl.html

http://247sports.com/Article/Western...7-NFL-49063975

who is the guy at left tackle? If taylor moton is a top ten guy this year.... what will next years guys look like?

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
      Exactly.
      will they start this year? what would we be giving up to get one of them in terms of the overall draft? do we give up 3 better starters in? do w miss a pereenial pro bowler? ya know what i'm saying? just food for thought

Comment

The line was a problem last year for many reasons in addition to the play of the linemen. It was almost the same line as the year before which much worse results. We lost both FBs to injury, TE play was terrible, Jennings downgraded and play calling was very limited with a new HC/OC trying to figure out how to coexist. We have upgraded the line IMO with Fluker, we have Ellison to improve the FB and TE positions and hopefully the HC/OC figure their issues out.

With all that said obviously the OL is our weakest position group. But with relatively the same OL we went from 26 points a game in 2015 to 19 in 2016. We can become greatly improved this year with the O as it is. I doubt we take an OL in round 1, although Lamp and Cam could be the pick. I just don't think the need for one is great enough to justify taking one of these guys over a potential stud at another position. We will have a shot at a really good RB, LB or TE. All three of those are also needs and a possible much better player.
        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
          i mean people on the boards didnt think Pugh, Odell, Flowers, or Apple were BPA at the time they were drafted. Outside of Flowers the other 3 have worked out pretty well so far.

as said below we dk how the Giants rank them. Paul Schwartz doesnt know how the Giants rank the players either. I'm not sure how anyone can be so confident in the Giants not going OL when if you watched the team last year it was clearly their biggest problem.

I'm not saying the Giants will or must go OL. But i think it's very possible the Giants take OL in the 1st. Cam Robinson, if there, i think very well may be the pick.
          I'd say there's a difference between working out pretty well and being the BPA. After all, the 2016 rookie of the year came well after Apple. So did Tunsil, Jatavis Brown, Jordan Howard, Chris Jones, Hunter Henry, etc.

Also, as good as Pugh has been, Kyle Long was the very next pick... pretty sure he was a pro-bowler 3 straight years. Shariff Floyd, Deandre Hopkins, Xavier Rhodes, Alec Ogletree (who I really wanted) could have all possibly been the BPA when we picked. Definitely not complaining about our pick though.
          2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
          Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
          Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
          Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
          Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
          Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
          Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

Look at 2013 when so many offensive linemen went in the first. 8 in total with 3 in the top 5. Plenty were considered safe picks, and most weren't. We got lucky with Pugh. Fisher and Joeckel being the top 2 overall and we've seen how that has gone. Point being again that any pick is a gamble.
            2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
            Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
            Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
            Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
            Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
            Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
            Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSabbath View Post
              I'd say there's a difference between working out pretty well and being the BPA. After all, the 2016 rookie of the year came well after Apple. So did Tunsil, Jatavis Brown, Jordan Howard, Chris Jones, Hunter Henry, etc.

Also, as good as Pugh has been, Kyle Long was the very next pick... pretty sure he was a pro-bowler 3 straight years. Shariff Floyd, Deandre Hopkins, Xavier Rhodes, Alec Ogletree (who I really wanted) could have all possibly been the BPA when we picked. Definitely not complaining about our pick though.
              I was on the Ogletree bandwagon too
              2017 Draft Wishlist:
              1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
              2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
              3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
              4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
              5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
              6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
              7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
              "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
              - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Well I hope their luck changes. I'm a native of Cleveland and there is a place in my heart for them.
                It would be cool if the Browns became good again

Comment

Even if Schwartz opinion is correct it's still the biggest position of need. Perhaps there is a RT in the 2nd rd. that the Giants may be interested in. Of course if the players don't grade out their not going to be drafted. But according to most information available to fans they do grade out in the part of the draft the Giants are picking in. I don't personally believe the information that the Giants don't find any of the players worth the #23 pick. After drafting Flowers and Apple the last 2 years with their first picks these particular OL are more than qualified for the #23rd pick in this organization.

Comment

http://nyg.247sports.com/ContentGall...ril-52394917/7

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                      i mean people on the boards didnt think Pugh, Odell, Flowers, or Apple were BPA at the time they were drafted. Outside of Flowers the other 3 have worked out pretty well so far.

as said below we dk how the Giants rank them. Paul Schwartz doesnt know how the Giants rank the players either. I'm not sure how anyone can be so confident in the Giants not going OL when if you watched the team last year it was clearly their biggest problem.

I'm not saying the Giants will or must go OL. But i think it's very possible the Giants take OL in the 1st. Cam Robinson, if there, i think very well may be the pick.

McAdoo dispelled that myth.

It's why 80% of the OL will be the same.

It's why WR was addressed first in FA.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
                        Even if Schwartz opinion is correct it's still the biggest position of need. Perhaps there is a RT in the 2nd rd. that the Giants may be interested in. Of course if the players don't grade out their not going to be drafted. But according to most information available to fans they do grade out in the part of the draft the Giants are picking in. I don't personally believe the information that the Giants don't find any of the players worth the #23 pick. After drafting Flowers and Apple the last 2 years with their first picks these particular OL are more than qualified for the #23rd pick in this organization.

it is not the biggest position of need. TE is.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          You do know why that is true right? Because he threw the ball the 2nd fastest in the NFL post snap. He needed to throw fast to avoid getting hit and sacked. He needs better OLmen. Plus the fact none of them are good at run blocking.
                          yawn,,, you do know he has been one of the least sacked qb's in his career...enough with the OL crap already,,,this was an 11-5 playoff team,,could have been 12-4..13-3...they didn't loose in GB during the playoffs because of the OL. Eli has always gotten rid of the ball quickly...he needs a running game and guys to catch the ball,,period.

Comment

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post
                            an electric RB is the biggest need on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post
                              Sure sure
                              2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
                              "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                              - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
                                an electric RB is the biggest need on offense.
                                Sure sure
                                2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
                                - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X