Reuben Foster flagged for drug test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reuben Foster flagged for drug test

according to NFL network, Reuben Foster's urine sample from the combine has been "flagged" due to being diluted. This is not good for someone who was already sent home from the combine for threatening medical personnel.

yup i was about to post about this.

"Last month, Foster was notified that his urine sample obtained in Indianapolis during the combine was reported as dilute. Based on the provisions of the NFL's policy and program for substances of abuse, "this will be treated like a positive test."

In discussing his trying few months, Foster disclosed the test results to NFL.com because, he says, "This is something that's going to get out. I don't make excuses. I'm a real dude. I try to be a good person. ... I just hope the coaches understand and that's all I can hope and pray for." Foster has already been on the phone talking with teams telling them himself.

As for why the test came back dilute, Foster explained in detail. He said he was sick before the combine. He was throwing up, had diarrhea, couldn't keep anything down and was cramping. One adviser offered to have a doctor put him on IVs to hydrate, but he didn't want that. He saw a doctor, got some medication and started hydrating himself."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...est-at-combine

damn probably means he will fall further. Sucks for him this happening all before the biggest moment of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
      damn probably means he will fall further. Sucks for him this happening all before the biggest moment of his life.
      yea he's blowing it big time. It's a damn shame these kids can't put down the weed for a few months when they know they have the opportunity of a life time right in front of them. He's definitely going to slide a bit because of this.

Comment

Hope he slides to us! Even though we would probably also pass on him.
        2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
        Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
        Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
        Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
        Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
        Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
        Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
          yea he's blowing it big time. It's a damn shame these kids can't put down the weed for a few months when they know they have the opportunity of a life time right in front of them. He's definitely going to slide a bit because of this.
          he didnt fail the drug test for being identified for weed. He failed because his piss was too diluted which results in an automatic failed test. That also doesnt mean he didnt smoke weed or anything. But from what he says he's adamant that it was from him being sick and not being able to eat or anything. He's being placed in the drug program anyway so he'll be tested often

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
            he didnt fail the drug test for being identified for weed. He failed because his piss was too diluted which results in an automatic failed test. That also doesnt mean he didnt smoke weed or anything. But from what he says he's adamant that it was from him being sick and not being able to eat or anything. He's being placed in the drug program anyway so he'll be tested often
            I know why he failed, but let's be real here, he failed from over hydrating to cover up the weed in his urine. I have friends that do it all the time. I don't care if ppl smoke, just be smart enough to put it down before the biggest interview of your life. It's the same thing every single year with some of these guys.

Comment

don't draft this guy

Comment

maybe he's addicted to drinking water?

Comment

This is really bad news and good news for the Giants. The bad news is that some team that was set on picking a linebacker might go to the next player on their draft board at the same position (especially if the ranking was very close) so Haason Reddíck or Jarrad Davis might go sooner than anticipated. But it could also mean that a team goes into a completely different direction and picks a position that the Giants aren't interested in. In essence, sliding a player down to the Giants.

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                  I know why he failed, but let's be real here, he failed from over hydrating to cover up the weed in his urine. I have friends that do it all the time. I don't care if ppl smoke, just be smart enough to put it down before the biggest interview of your life. It's the same thing every single year with some of these guys.
                  For real, as if Foster is EVER going to say: "Yeah you got me. I smoked weed and I was trying to circumvent the test". Instead he came up with an elaborate story to cover up his true intentions. He's making Tiger Woods, Lance Armstrong, A-Rod, and a bunch of other lying spots athletes proud with his effort.
                  Last edited by compaqnigg; 04-20-2017, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                    For real, as if Foster is EVER going to say: "Yeah you got me. I smoked weed and I was trying to circumvent the test". Instead he came up with an elaborate story to cover up his true intentions. He's making Tiger Woods, Lance Armstrong, A-Rod, and a bunch of other lying spots athletes proud with his effort.
                    he gets props for being creative lol. I just wouldn't want us to draft him based on his stupidity. If you can't put down the herb for a few months when you have the opportunity to make millions of dollars, you're a complete moron or an addict. Look how drafting Randy Gregory turned out for the Cowboys..these players don't just change when they get into the NFL.

Comment

Cool. Another Tunsil who will drop right to us and we will pass.
                      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Maybe he will slide and maybe we will be smart enough to draft him anyway.
                        Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

“I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. … He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.”

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          Cool. Another Tunsil who will drop right to us and we will pass.
                          I thought the same thing upon hearing this....JUST LEGALIZE IT!!!!
                          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

I'd take the risk.

He's a top 10 talent, if his medical checked out fine. If the drug test makes him slide to 23 I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAussieGiant View Post
                              I'd take the risk.

He's a top 10 talent, if his medical checked out fine. If the drug test makes him slide to 23 I'd take him in a heartbeat.
                              so you're cool with a kid that threatens medical personnel with "do you know who I am" and to kick their ***, then fails a drug test right before the combine? He seems like a dumb *** and loose cannon to me.
                              Last edited by DownWitJPP; 04-20-2017, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X