Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is this years Dak Prescott/sleeper QB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is this years Dak Prescott/sleeper QB?

Who ya got?

2 guys this year are flying under the radar a bit

1. QB Alek Torgersen, Penn
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...2017-nfl-draft

"Accurate, efficient and possessing a big arm, Torgersen completed 66.9 percent of his passes in 2016, for 2,231 yards and 17 touchdowns to only four interceptions. He threw 19 touchdowns to three interceptions the season before and has also made plays using his legs, with 516 career rushing yards and 18 rushing scores." accuracy is a trait that could translate to becoming an NFL QB.

2. Joshua Dobbs
    http://tennessee.247sports.com/Artic...gem-f-52364636

I read something about how Joshua Dobbs beat out Nathan peterman for the Starting QB job at Tennesee prompting peterman to switch schools. I thought that says something. The knock on dobbs is accuracy, also a concern with mahommes so I'm not a fan, but Giants may be looking at these two guys.

Chad kelly obviously too.

None. Every QB in this draft seems to be a project. Also Dak went to a team with a great veteran WR, a great veteran TE, a stud rookie RB and the best OLine in the NFL. I do not think Dak is the best QB from the draft last year, just fell into a perfect situation.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
      None. Every QB in this draft seems to be a project. Also Dak went to a team with a great veteran WR, a great veteran TE, a stud rookie RB and the best OLine in the NFL. I do not think Dak is the best QB from the draft last year, just fell into a perfect situation.
      This, if Dak went to the Jets, you would not have heard a peep about him. I give him credit for how he played, but what Dallas has makes him a lot better than what he is.

Comment

Fair Points. I do agree, somewhat. But the dude beat out tony romo for the job man. His stats for the year were on par with Tony romos career stats also. Very close. Give him some credit at least. Do you guys really think none of the QBs are any good? there has to be a couple or few that make it, no?

Comment

Swag Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
            Fair Points. I do agree, somewhat. But the dude beat out tony romo for the job man. His stats for the year were on par with Tony romos career stats also. Very close. Give him some credit at least. Do you guys really think none of the QBs are any good? there has to be a couple or few that make it, no?
            I think almost any QB would of have had really good success behind that O line. Same goes for Elliott. He is a stud no doubt. But put him behind a makeshift O Line all Season and his Numbers would be no where near what they were last year. Trust me.

So yes, I agree with the majority here. I think Dak would of been just another Rookie QB struggling to get adjusted to the NFL if he had been on a team with a average to below average O Line.
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
              Swag Kelly
              +1 IF he can grow up into an adult(big if)....yep.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                He didn't beat out Romo for the job. If Romo was healthy Dak would have sat on the bench. Either way it's not that I don't think any in this class will be good, it's that they won't be good in year 1. There is some good potential, but need some refining to get to where they need to be.
                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Brad Kaaya, he has played under center. Will, need time to develope. I have the Giants taking him in the 4th round.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
                    Brad Kaaya, he has played under center. Will, need time to develope. I have the Giants taking him in the 4th round.
                    +1 fits the bill as possible daklikeguy

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/2017...-deshone-kizer
                    Last edited by bigpoppy; 04-21-2017, 12:50 PM.

Comment

God I hope not,I'd rather have Peteman, Dobbs, Kelly
                      2017 Draft Wishlist:
                      1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                      2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                      3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                      4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                      5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                      6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                      7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
                      "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                      - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

CJ Beathard is another possibility few are talking about.

Comment

Love Dobbs. He's got a lot of good tools and he's extremely smart. He was practicing for and playing SEC defenses while also studying erospace engineering. He's literally a rocket scientist lol. With his mind fully focused on football im intrigued to see how he grows.

i heard McShay say he could go in the 2nd. I dont think id take him there, but id be ok with the flier in the 4th - 3rd if the REALLY like him

Comment

Is Webb considered a sleeper, or is he too highly rated for that?

Comment

Agree with Kaaya 100% He went from a little overrated at The U to now underrated by Pro Scouts

Comment

Working...
                              X