Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be mad if the GIANTS take Joe Mixon in the 3rd?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see Mixon lasting far into the second if he gets out of the first. He is way too talented. One team or another will grab him. just too good to pass up, and you can justify his actions if you look at it in certain lights. It's quite different than the Ray Rice incident, or Hardy's. I don't see the Giants taking him though.

Comment

mixon would be incredible,,if the giants picked him id be ok with it.

Comment

Originally posted by brownelvis54 View Post
        I sent the link that states late round or out of the draft all together

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...1143/joe-mixon
        that was written 3 months ago. it is dated. Mixon is projected to be more than likely a 2-4 round pick.

Comment

if the Giants took him i wouldnt be mad at all and i would root for him all the time. He'd be a Giant i back all Giants.

If they took him they clearly feel he's more than matured enough and that he is worth the risk. If they feel that way i cant be mad, they know much more about him than i do.

with that said, i dont think there's any chance at all the Giants touch him even if he was there in the 7th or undrafted.

Comment

Never going to happen after the Josh Brown stuff which we kinda escaped because we still went on to have a good season BUT if the Giants did not have a Winning season you would've heard more about how poorly the Josh Brown Situation was handled

So Ruben Foster failed test is one thing but a guy loading up on a Woman, NO New York and having to deal with the New York Media is not where the kid deserves his second chance absolutely NOT!

Comment

If he's there in the 3rd, not drafting him would just be idiotic. Look at the risk/reward. A 3rd round pick for a first round talent and key piece to a potential superbowl winning roster, versus not drafting him because it would hurt some fans' feelings. As long as they win games nobody's gonna care what he did in the past (assuming he doesn't do it again). If you believe in giving people second chances you need to give him a shot.

Comment

Yes I'd take him. Will JR and the FO, nope-uh
                2017 Draft Wishlist:
                1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
                "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by GoodbyeWilson View Post
                  because it would hurt some fans' feelings
                  I wonder if you'd feel the same way if it was your mother/sister/wife/girlfriend he sucker-punched

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                    The Giants are not drafting him.

And P.S., they're not drafting Chad Kelly either.
                    Just curious. Were you the one that said they would never sign Brandon Marshall or was that someone else?
                    Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

I'd take him if he's there in the second tbh. Someone is going to take him.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post
                        Just curious. Were you the one that said they would never sign Brandon Marshall or was that someone else?
                        No

Comment

Originally posted by GoodbyeWilson View Post
                          If he's there in the 3rd, not drafting him would just be idiotic. Look at the risk/reward. A 3rd round pick for a first round talent and key piece to a potential superbowl winning roster, versus not drafting him because it would hurt some fans' feelings. As long as they win games nobody's gonna care what he did in the past (assuming he doesn't do it again). If you believe in giving people second chances you need to give him a shot.
                          The Giants are not going to take a player with any DV history. If he is there in the 7th round that are not going to pick him. They do not want anymore bad press pertaining to Domestic Violence.
                          The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                            The Giants are not going to take a player with any DV history. If he is there in the 7th round that are not going to pick him. They do not want anymore bad press pertaining to Domestic Violence.
                            I get your point and you are probably right but I disagree with that mindset. I think it comes down to what the kid is really like. If hes really a scumbag then no, he doesnt belong on the team. But if hes not the scumbag everyones making him out to be and hes truly sorry that he made a mistake then I think it would be foolish not to take him in the 3rd.

Comment

How is it any domestic violence on his part? You clearly see in the video that the woman struck him first, he was just defending himself. He apologized for what happened and he's ready to move on.

I would love to have Mixon in the 3rd, but we can probably get him later.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                                Good thing Joe Mixon does not have a history of domestic violence nor is there a single incident of domestic violence in which he was involved. That is what makes his situation much different than all these other guys in the NFL getting kicked to the curb. This was not domestic violence.
                                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Working...
                                X