Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be mad if the GIANTS take Joe Mixon in the 3rd?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I don't think Joe Mixon is a bad kid. Watching him speak since the incident, he sounds sincere and he just doesn't look or sound like someone who's a complete dirtbag. The Giants have most definetly talked to him and know more about him than any of us do. I don't think we'll give him a look in the 1st or 2nd, but if he drops to the third, I'd think we'd consider t and weigh his talent against the potential media backlash. I don't anticipate it though.

    At the end of the day, Joe Mixon made a single stupid mistake that has had a plethora of consequences.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
      Good thing Joe Mixon does not have a history of domestic violence nor is there a single incident of domestic violence in which he was involved. That is what makes his situation much different than all these other guys in the NFL getting kicked to the curb. This was not domestic violence.
      While not technically domestic violence, he punched a woman. A woman. Does it make his actions any better that they don't fall within the definition of domestic violence?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
        You clearly see in the video that the woman struck him first, he was just defending himself
        Lol

        Comment


        • #34
          was the girl he hit his girlfriend? If so it was domestic violence, If not it was assault on both of their parts. I agree with the others, no way the Giants touch him after the Josh Brown stuff last year.

          Comment


          • #35
            damn just found this little nugget

            http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level...rfaces-updated

            looks like he had an issue in high school but the father is now taking back his statement? that's kind of weird and sounds like he was paid off.
            Last edited by DownWitJPP; 04-21-2017, 11:33 PM.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
              damn just found this little nugget

              http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level...rfaces-updated

              looks like he had an issue in high school.
              that allegation was recanted not long after it was made

              still though, one is enough. No way I can see the Giants touching him

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
                that allegation was recanted not long after it was made

                still though, one is enough. No way I can see the Giants touching him
                ya I just saw that and i totally agree. Kid might be the best back in the draft behind Fournette too, what a shame.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
                  How is it any domestic violence on his part? You clearly see in the video that the woman struck him first, he was just defending himself. He apologized for what happened and he's ready to move on.

                  I would love to have Mixon in the 3rd, but we can probably get him later.
                  You're saying what he did was acceptable?

                  Couldn't disagree more. That was not "defending himself." He was pushed harmlessly by a girl, and he absolutely leveled her and put her in a hospital. It's not like she came at him with a knife or somehow put him in some sort of real danger. He just laid her out and seriously hurt her. To say that this was "self defense" is preposterous.

                  With that said, I believe in second chances for people who are contrite and show commitment to becoming better people and helping others. As bad as what he did is, he's not Aaron Hernandez or Rae Carruth.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
                    How is it any domestic violence on his part? You clearly see in the video that the woman struck him first, he was just defending himself. He apologized for what happened and he's ready to move on.

                    I would love to have Mixon in the 3rd, but we can probably get him later.
                    Wow.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
                      How is it any domestic violence on his part? You clearly see in the video that the woman struck him first, he was just defending himself. He apologized for what happened and he's ready to move on.

                      I would love to have Mixon in the 3rd, but we can probably get him later.
                      ^This guy. Holy
                      2017 Draft Wishlist:
                      1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                      2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                      3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                      4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                      5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                      6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                      7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

                      sigpic
                      "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                      - Homer J. Simpson

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        It's been reported that up to a dozen teams have already said he's off their boards entirely. I'm fairly confident we are on end of those teams. In a hypothetical sense where it's my call, yes I take him in the 3rd. His talent is tremendous, and you hope he learned a hard lesson from what he did. I get more worried with players that have repeated incidents, because they clearly aren't learning from those mistakes.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                          Good thing Joe Mixon does not have a history of domestic violence nor is there a single incident of domestic violence in which he was involved. That is what makes his situation much different than all these other guys in the NFL getting kicked to the curb. This was not domestic violence.
                          Being a father I am surprised you would dismiss what this guy did. He could not refrain from committing an aggressive act against a female ( someones daughter). You are soon to be a father for the 4th time, congratulations. Would you be so quick to defend him if it was your daughter?
                          The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            He doesnt have just one incident lol he has the destroying the girls face charge, which is bad enough. He not only punched a girl in the face, he did it in a public area in front of mad people. And to the people that say he was defending himself, she barely moves him with a push and barely slaps him. If you think that's ok to punch a girl in the face youre a POS.

                            butt not only does he have that, he got suspended last season for an incident with a parking attendant.

                            Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops suspended Mixon for one game in 2016 after an incident involving him and a parking attendant. After receiving a parking citation, Mixon confronted the attendant, tore the citation in half, and threw the pieces, which hit her in the face. According to the incident report, he then "inched at the officer" with his vehicle "to intimidate the officer"

                            There's also the issue in HS. Even if the charge was dropped, combine that with these other two incidents, it's a trend. no matter how good his skill is he's clearly a huge risk no matter how sorry he sounds. Actions speak louder than words.

                            Now combine all of this with the Giants getting DESTROYED by the media last year for the Josh Brown DV.....Mixon wont be a Giant

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by TEM View Post
                              Being a father I am surprised you would dismiss what this guy did. He could not refrain from committing an aggressive act against a female ( someones daughter). You are soon to be a father for the 4th time, congratulations. Would you be so quick to defend him if it was your daughter?
                              He wouldn't be walking around if that was my daughter

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Well there is no possible way the Giants take him after josh brown, so...moving on..........

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X