Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAN the GIANTS build there Offensive line this year by Taking a OG ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
    but...but...but he's not 330-340+ lbs and that's all that matters in bizarro world
    Lol, he says this like he believes it. Funny that our 2 best OL (Pugh and Richburg) dont fit these size requirements.

Comment

This is a TERRIBLE YEAR for Lineman I don't think we will take one in the 1st Round but I guess we will find out next week. I think Reese goes Best Players Available regardless of position instead of just taking whatever Lineman is still on the board

Giants like every other team have their own Big Board they don't go by what Mel Kiper and Todd McShay are saying

Comment

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post
        Pugh's replacement for 2018 will be drafted in the mid rounds. Not with the 23rd pick.
        Why do you think Pugh will not be here next year? Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
          This is a TERRIBLE YEAR for Lineman I don't think we will take one in the 1st Round but I guess we will find out next week. I think Reese goes Best Players Available regardless of position instead of just taking whatever Lineman is still on the board

Giants like every other team have their own Big Board they don't go by what Mel Kiper and Todd McShay are saying
          I am not sure we take one in the first either, but I think a guy like Lamp is the exception in this class. He is a top prospect through and through. Most likely we go defense.

Comment

Last year was a terrible year for offensive linemen, the Titans stole an All-Pro rookie from us.

If there is a good prospect there at 23, you take him.

I'd be cool with Lamp, Robinson, or Bolles.

Comment

Originally posted by brownelvis54 View Post
              He's gonna want top 5 OL money, he's not worth that.

Comment

Originally posted by brownelvis54 View Post
                Cause he is obsessed with the belief that Pugh is not good and not a scheme fit for us because he only weighs between 310-315 and not 330+. Basically, for no reason at all. The only reason Pugh does not return is if he prices himself out of what the Giants believe is the most they will pay an OG. It has zero to do with his play or scheme fit lol. If they didnt think he was a scheme fit, they would not have picked up his year 5 option. McAdoo was the HC for that.

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
                  Last year was a terrible year for offensive linemen, the Titans stole an All-Pro rookie from us.

If there is a good prospect there at 23, you take him.

I'd be cool with Lamp, Robinson, or Bolles.
                  Yeah they was Right about Jack Conklin unfortunately the Titans got to him first. I don't see a Conklin this draft though, fans overrated some of these Lineman because it is a NEED but if it is not Bolles or Robinson I don't think any other Lineman is worth taking 1st Round not even Lamp who is a Small School guy who will need time to develop. You can find someone like Lamp in the 3rd Round and develop him behind Jerry.
                  Last edited by Sicko; 04-21-2017, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Yeah they was Right about Jack Conklin unfortunately the Titans got to him first. I don't see a Conklin this draft though, fans overrated some of these Lineman because it is a NEED but if it is not Bolles or Robinson I don't think any other Lineman is worth taking 1st Round not even Lamp who is a Small School guy who will need time to develop. You can find someone like Lamp in the 3rd Round and develop him behind Jerry.
                    See , I think a guy like Cam is a better OL prospect than Conklin was. Tennessee did a terrific job in scheming help for Conklin in the passing game. A lot of chips by RBs and TEs. Its why we brought in Ellison.

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
                      I wouldn't say terrible. Ronnie Stanley, Laremy Tunsil, Jack Conklin and Taylor Decker were a good bunch

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                        See , I think a guy like Cam is a better OL prospect than Conklin was. Tennessee did a terrific job in scheming help for Conklin in the passing game. A lot of chips by RBs and TEs. Its why we brought in Ellison.
                        I would be happy with Cam Robinson or Bolles if they fall which doesn't seem likely but you never know what can happen on draft day. Ryan Ramczyk injury is too much of a concern after seeing Chris Snee retire early because of a Hip Injury so Hip Injuries are very serious especially for 300+ lbs Lineman. If we don't go Lineman 1st round I don't think fans should Panic (which they will regardless). Maybe we take a Sleeper like Antonio Garcia in the second round!

Comment

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post
                          Jordan Ranaan dispelled this notion on Periscope last night. Giants will not take Lamp. He is a "move, pull" OG. Giants already have that in Pugh.
                          lol....You believe what Ranaan says? He hasn't hit on a mock pick yet

Comment

Originally posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
                            Forrest Lamp please

btw, you're going to make John Jerry's mom go on another rant with this thread
                            While the overall draft for Lineman is weak this year as a whole it is very strong Guard wise. No reason they should not be able to grab a good one
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                              While the overall draft for Lineman is weak this year as a whole it is very strong Guard wise. No reason they should not be able to grab a good one
                              I agree, I would not mind a Dan Feeney or Dion Dawkins or Dorian Johnson or Ethan Pocic or Isaac Asiata in the 2nd or 3rd or even 4th. However, I think Lamp has the talent of an All-Pro at G but can play G, C, RT and maybe even LT if needed.

I'm not the type of fan that has 1 player or 1 position in mind for the 1st round and if I don't get it whine and complain on a message board. Lamp is one of my favorites but I'd be happy with a TE (Howard, Njoku), LB (Foster, Red****, Jarrad Davis, even TJ Watt), RB (McCaffrey) and a bunch more.

Comment

Pugh gone? Maybe a first rate LG would provide the option to move Pugh to left tackle. Think you have to take the pro-Flowers rhetoric with a grain of salt. Giants have invested a lot in a win-now effort before Eli really slips and retires and if shifting Pugh to left tackle with a strong rookie at left guard is an improvement, if. if. if it will happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X