Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As draft day approaches, a friendly reminder that we're not very good at drafting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
    not to be picky, but I think you meant Owa as the injury bust in 2015. Thompson was picked in 2016.
    He's talking about Mykkele Thompson. Drafted in 2015. Was a reach then and hasn't been able to stay healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggling View Post
      Posts like THIS solidify Thompson as an injury BUST. He's done NOTHING but get INJURED that people FORGET he was even drafted/on the team.
      If you're talking about Darian Thompson and not Mykkele Thompson, then I don't agree with a single thing you said above. Are you Nick?

Comment

It will be an interesting draft this year to see if there is a trend for the better underway. Always wondered how much influence TC had over draft picks and just how good he was at evaluating talent.My sense is that he had a lot of influence. Time will tell. Be nice if McAdoo contributes to a better success rate.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
          I agree with you about the 2012 draft and somewhat with the 2013 draft.

However, 2014 thus far has looked like a great draft. ODB is an all-pro, Richburg and Kennard are quality starters and Berhe and Bromley were valuable back-ups last year. While Flowers has been a disappointment so far from 2016, you still got another all-pro in Collins and Bobby Hart is likely at least a decent back-up OL to have. Last years' draft is a little early to tell but right now you have four projected 2017 starters from that draft in Apple, Sheppard, Thompson and Perkins. And Adams looked like he could be a solid #2 TE.

Those are fantastic returns out of our last three drafts, especially from the later rounds which has been JR;s Achilles heel as a GM. I'll take those kinds of returns every year and if they get a similar crop this year as last then they'll really fill some holes on this team and add some quality depth.
          During those bad drafts I think Reese may have gotten a little ****y and thought he was smarter than everyone with some picks, with also a ton of bad luck involved like Wilsons neck injury for example. Reese has bounced back nicely the last 3 years drafting though, and I continue to have confidence in Reese as a GM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapblock View Post
            It will be an interesting draft this year to see if there is a trend for the better underway. Always wondered how much influence TC had over draft picks and just how good he was at evaluating talent.My sense is that he had a lot of influence. Time will tell. Be nice if McAdoo contributes to a better success rate.
            i honestly would think every coach in the NFL has a huge influence in drafts and pretty much every roster move. it's a lot more beneficial to an organization to have the GM and HC in sync with who they want on their roster than it is to have the GM say here i like this guy make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
              He's talking about Mykkele Thompson. Drafted in 2015. Was a reach then and hasn't been able to stay healthy.
              that's right, I forgot about that guy. Darn common last names!!!!!!! I agree that he was a reach, even if it was a pretty low round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
                that's right, I forgot about that guy. Darn common last names!!!!!!! I agree that he was a reach, even if it was a pretty low round pick.
                None of the analysts even knew who he was lol. I remember when he was selected no one had anything to say on the kid.
                WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Correct sir

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                    Correct sir
                    Odiggy does fit the bill as well though, unfortunately, although he still has a chance to pull himself out of that label.

Comment

Reese has stepped his game up and now we have a pretty good roster. Chillax.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                        Reese has stepped his game up and now we have a pretty good roster. Chillax.

He's stepped his game up ever since McAdoo entered the picture.

Not a coincidence.

It's easier to draft players to fit McAdoo's system/vision.

Comment

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post

Not a coincidence.

I just dont think TC and Reese saw eye to eye on personnel.

Comment

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post

Not a coincidence.

if only Landon Collins had anything to do with McAdoo's system/vision

Comment

if only Landon Collins had anything to do with McAdoo's system/vision
                              He only counts offense, specifically the passing game. Basically, there is nothing else that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                                He only counts offense, specifically the passing game. Basically, there is nothing else that matters.

Nope, when you run the WCO, you play defense differently. You play matchup defense in blocks. Therefore, you look for different prototypes in defensive players.

Just look at Eli Apple, his NFL comparison was Sam Shields.

Comment

Working...
                                X