Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As draft day approaches, a friendly reminder that we're not very good at drafting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As draft day approaches, a friendly reminder that we're not very good at drafting

Our last few drafts:

2012 = total bust. No players remain.

2013 = almost a total bust. Only Pugh remains. We just lost Hankins, who underperformed anyway.

2014 = SUCCESS because of OBJ and possibly Richburg (jury's still out IMHO...)

2015 = Landon Collins is the saving grace. Maybe Hart continues to grow? But probably another near total bust.

2016 = too soon to say, though I still honestly feel that Eli Apple was a reach (even a year later)

So basically just 1 franchise player (or none) in 3 of our 4 most recent tested draft classes. I'm tempering my expectations that we will "save the OL" this draft...

Just because no players remain does not mean they are busts though.. Many factors go into success on draft night.

And you can use the evidence of multiple super bowls and a quick turn around after the Coughlin resignation as evidence that the current regime is preforming just fine.

Just sit back, relax... And be prepared to lose your marbles after they draft a prospect you've never heard of ;p
    Last edited by giants8493; 04-21-2017, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
      Just because no players remain does not mean they are busts though.. Many factors go into success on draft night.

And you can use the evidence of multiple super bowls and a quick turn around after the Coughlin resignation as evidence that the current regime is preforming just fine.

Just sit back, relax... And be prepared to lose your marbles after they draft a prospect you've never heard of ��

LOL...............so true

Comment

throw another 200 mill at the problem

The Front office should read this forum if you ak me. The fans know more than they are given credit for! (well , some of them)

2 cents!

Comment

Might as well not even watch the draft!

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
            Might as well not even watch the draft!
            might as well not even draft

Comment

Weve drafted as well as nearly anyone over the last four years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmulroy99 View Post
                Weve drafted as well as nearly anyone over the last four years.
                Yep, pretty easy to see.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                  Yep, pretty easy to see.
                  It's amazing with a roster as talented as ours, people are still complaining about drafts from 5 years ago.

Comment

I disagree.

2012 - David Wilson was a good pick, but he caught a bad break. Should we have caught his spine issue pre-draft? Who knows. Rueben Randle was productive and his career stats are probably close to your beloved Victor Cruz....He's still young and still in the league.

Markus Kuhn -.Hey....He played at least. Jayron Hosely lasted 4 seasons even though he was a bum. So yeah, 2012 sucked,

2013 - Here is where you lose me. Pugh is pro bowl Caliber. Guys Jonathan Hankins is a good DT despite his free agency woes. Who here wouldn't be happy to have him back? Damontre Moore is still in the league. He had the skills but his mind was suspect. Nassib did what he was drafted to do and we never used him. Can't call a guy not needed a bust.

2014 - ODB....Win....Richburg, you are way off base. Great center who played injured. Considered a pro bowl snub in 2015. Bromley may be your new starting DT, Kennard is a starting LB and Berhe is Berhe.

2015 - Flowers is playing out of position, Landon is a GIANT. Found a starting OL in the 7th, Thompson is an injury bust that we reached for, but he was already replaced with Adams...an UDFA. Some drafts just don't have good players.

2016 - Great draft, top to bottom...even UDFA's Adams and Okwara
                    Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                      I disagree.

2012 - David Wilson was a good pick, but he caught a bad break. Should we have caught his spine issue pre-draft? Who knows. Rueben Randle was productive and his career stats are probably close to your beloved Victor Cruz....He's still young and still in the league.

Markus Kuhn -.Hey....He played at least. Jayron Hosely lasted 4 seasons even though he was a bum. So yeah, 2012 sucked,

2013 - Here is where you lose me. Pugh is pro bowl Caliber. Guys Jonathan Hankins is a good DT despite his free agency woes. Who here wouldn't be happy to have him back? Damontre Moore is still in the league. He had the skills but his mind was suspect. Nassib did what he was drafted to do and we never used him. Can't call a guy not needed a bust.

2014 - ODB....Win....Richburg, you are way off base. Great center who played injured. Considered a pro bowl snub in 2015. Bromley may be your new starting DT, Kennard is a starting LB and Berhe is Berhe.

2015 - Flowers is playing out of position, Landon is a GIANT. Found a starting OL in the 7th, Thompson is an injury bust that we reached for, but he was already replaced with Adams...an UDFA. Some drafts just don't have good players.

2016 - Great draft, top to bottom...even UDFA's Adams and Okwara
                      not to be picky, but I think you meant Owa as the injury bust in 2015. Thompson was picked in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by tk89 View Post
                        Our last few drafts:

2012 = total bust. No players remain.

2013 = almost a total bust. Only Pugh remains. We just lost Hankins, who underperformed anyway.

2014 = SUCCESS because of OBJ and possibly Richburg (jury's still out IMHO...)

2015 = Landon Collins is the saving grace. Maybe Hart continues to grow? But probably another near total bust.

2016 = too soon to say, though I still honestly feel that Eli Apple was a reach (even a year later)

So basically just 1 franchise player (or none) in 3 of our 4 most recent tested draft classes. I'm tempering my expectations that we will "save the OL" this draft...
                        I agree with you about the 2012 draft and somewhat with the 2013 draft.

However, 2014 thus far has looked like a great draft. ODB is an all-pro, Richburg and Kennard are quality starters and Berhe and Bromley were valuable back-ups last year. While Flowers has been a disappointment so far from 2016, you still got another all-pro in Collins and Bobby Hart is likely at least a decent back-up OL to have. Last years' draft is a little early to tell but right now you have four projected 2017 starters from that draft in Apple, Sheppard, Thompson and Perkins. And Adams looked like he could be a solid #2 TE.

Those are fantastic returns out of our last three drafts, especially from the later rounds which has been JR;s Achilles heel as a GM. I'll take those kinds of returns every year and if they get a similar crop this year as last then they'll really fill some holes on this team and add some quality depth.
                        All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

I thought we did a good job revamping our defense in the draft last year and Perkins and Shepard were nice additions!

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
                            not to be picky, but I think you meant Owa as the injury bust in 2015. Thompson was picked in 2016.
                            Posts like THIS solidify Thompson as an injury BUST. He's done NOTHING but get INJURED that people FORGET he was even drafted/on the team.
                            ★★★Mark Herzlich Crew★★★

Comment

Originally posted by Giggling View Post
                              Posts like THIS solidify Thompson as an injury BUST. He's done NOTHING but get INJURED that people FORGET he was even drafted/on the team.
                              Thompson was in his first year last season, how can he be an injury bust?

Odigi though has now had two injury riddled seasons after having injury issues in college so he'd definitely got red flags.
                              All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Working...
                              X