Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the Giants "WTF?" pick this year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Check those boards again, I've consistently seen him going in the mid-late 2nd round now (possibly early 3rd). He's someone who has driven up the boards since his killer combine and gained more stock after a great pro day.. his speed is exceptional for 6'6" 278. You can take his division into consideration but I think his numbers even that out, as he outperformed the other top prospects there (and I realize numbers aren't everything but they don't lie either:
    Howard: 45 catches, 595 yds, 3 TDs
    Njoku: 43 catches, 595 yds, 3 TDs
    Everett: 49 catches, 77 yds, 4 TDs
    Shaheen: 57 catches, 867, 16 TDs

I say no way is he there for our 3rd round pick. Someone will see his measurable, numbers, testing, and want an all around TE.
    Just checked the most updated mock draft I could find first. I'm sure there are plenty. This one (from FOXsports.com) had him going in the 5th.

Edit: Another mock draft on Foxsports.com has him going 80th. Mid 3rd round but still 7 picks before our 3rd round pick. And one on nfl.com has him going early 3rd. So yeah he has definitely gone up a bit since last I checked. I've looked at 5 recent mocks and have only seen one with him in the 2nd. I'm sure there plenty though. With those numbers I wouldn't doubt someone getting after him early.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 04-26-2017, 12:18 PM.
    2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
    Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
    Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
    Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
    Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
    Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
    Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSabbath View Post
      Just checked the most updated mock draft I could find first. I'm sure there are plenty. This one (from FOXsports.com) had him going in the 5th.

Edit: Another mock draft on Foxsports.com has him going 80th. Mid 3rd round but still 7 picks before our 3rd round pick. And one on nfl.com has him going early 3rd. So yeah he has definitely gone up a bit since last I checked. I've looked at 5 recent mocks and have only seen one with him in the 2nd. I'm sure there plenty though. With those numbers I wouldn't doubt someone getting after him early.
      Yeah it's prob gonna depend on whenever TEs start flying. A month or 2 ago he was def a top 10 guy, now I see he's making a lot of top 5 lists.
      2017 Draft Wishlist:
      1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
      2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
      3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
      4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
      5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
      6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
      7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
      "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
      - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Edit: Another mock draft on Foxsports.com has him going 80th. Mid 3rd round but still 7 picks before our 3rd round pick. And one on nfl.com has him going early 3rd. So yeah he has definitely gone up a bit since last I checked. I've looked at 5 recent mocks
        Speak of the devil. Just saw the latest mock in star ledger and we are taking him at 55 lol.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...short_home_pop
        2017 Draft Wishlist:
        1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
        2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
        3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
        4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
        5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
        6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
        7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
        "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
        - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Probably Christian McCaffrey. I think he could be a good player in the right system, but we have Perkins and need more of a bulldozer type.
          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

jabrill peppers

Comment

Speak of the devil. Just saw the latest mock in star ledger and we are taking him at 55 lol.

That mock actually has a few WTF moments for me. haha. Not long til we find out!
              2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
              Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
              Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
              Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
              Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
              Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
              Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

Reese has done a better job in very recent drafts of not doing this.

It seems like the GIANTS are back to a Philosophy of Football Player first, and then good measurables along with that, as opposed to Projects with good Measurables.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  Probably Christian McCaffrey. I think he could be a good player in the right system, but we have Perkins and need more of a bulldozer type.
                  Yea the right system being NE. Then he would terrorize the NFL for 10 years making every team wish they'd drafted him
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                    Seriously???? I like Perkins, but McCaffery is far more talented. And while getting a bruiser RB would be nice, it is not a necessity. This isnt the NFL of the 1990's. Matchup nightmares are key and thats what McCaffery is.

Comment

Probably some guy with a long African sounding name. For some reason or another we like taking those guys with hard to pronounce last names.

Comment

Adam Shaheen. a division II tight end. If we take him in the 2nd, I will most definitely say WTF.
                        I like Shaheen. I think hed be worth it even though I like Hodges a bit more personally

Comment

That mock actually has a few WTF moments for me. haha. Not long til we find out!
                          *Meanwhile I'd be in the corner doing my happy dance by myself*

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                            Seriously???? I like Perkins, but McCaffery is far more talented. And while getting a bruiser RB would be nice, it is not a necessity. This isnt the NFL of the 1990's. Matchup nightmares are key and thats what McCaffery is.
                            Eh. He will be good, but I dont see him much of an upgrade over Perkins. Im pretty high on Perkins and apparently lower than most on McCafferey. Like I said, I think he will be good, maybe great with a team like NE or NO, but not here. I just dont see him being utilized here right. I can see it now, Eli handing off to him 10-15 times in a shotgun formation for him to get hit in the backfield 90% of the time.
                            WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                              Way overpaid. But maybe seeing he knew he could not enter the bidding wars for the OTs that went for way more then they were worth he figured he'd get this guy to line up and block on one of the ends to maybe help protect the blindside. Still could of done it cheaper I'm.

Yep he always reaches for a guy that leaves even the Analysts scratching their heads saying he could of got them at the back end or even as an UDFA yet he takes them in round 3 or so.

Many times the pick leaves us sayin' "Who?" And scrambling to look the guy up, Lol

We can't really afford to have that happen as we need to hit on every pick this year
                              lets let the kid get on the field and play..ellison that is. he hasnt caught one pass or threw one block,,lets wait to see before labeling him an overpay.

Comment

any of the overrated 1st round lineman prospects would be my WTF pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X