Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the Giants "WTF?" pick this year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
    any of the overrated 1st round lineman prospects would be my WTF pick.
    I woundnt be shocked at all. We are pretty bad at OL right now.
    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

wayne gallman

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
        wayne gallman
        What round? He's on a few sleeper listsand looks solid on tape
        2017 Draft Wishlist:
        1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
        2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
        3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
        4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
        5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
        6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
        7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
        "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
        - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

It better not be Mahomes in the first round

Comment

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
            What round? He's on a few sleeper listsand looks solid on tape
            there are a boatload of guys i like way better. 5.6 ypc doesn't do it for me from college. so to me it would be a WTF

2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSabbath View Post
              Adam Shaheen. a division II tight end. If we take him in the 2nd, I will most definitely say WTF.
              Him and Bucky Hodges would piss me off. I might be completely ignorant to Shaheen because I watched his tape for a couple of minutes and I was so bored I stopped watching. Bucky Hodges is Larry Donnell 2.0. Just don't do it Giants! Just because a guy has intangibles off the charts, he lacks the "it" factor. Hodges is just as uncoordinated as Larry Donnell. It's like watching a guy who never played sports in his life try for the first time as a senior in high school, he was just bigger, faster, and stronger than everyone else. Doesn't mean he actually has skill, he just was better than everyone else due to intangibles. Now when everyone in the NFL is the best player at their college, you see the fall off when the competition is at its highest. Hodges is a huge project that will have a low probability of success.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                Him and Bucky Hodges would piss me off. I might be completely ignorant to Shaheen because I watched his tape for a couple of minutes and I was so bored I stopped watching. Bucky Hodges is Larry Donnell 2.0. Just don't do it Giants! Just because a guy has intangibles off the charts, he lacks the "it" factor. Hodges is just as uncoordinated as Larry Donnell. It's like watching a guy who never played sports in his life try for the first time as a senior in high school, he was just bigger, faster, and stronger than everyone else. Doesn't mean he actually has skill, he just was better than everyone else due to intangibles. Now when everyone in the NFL is the best player at their college, you see the fall off when the competition is at its highest. Hodges is a huge project that will have a low probability of success.
                lol you are spot on LOL you nailed it. you should be a scout for real. What i saw with hodges a big ***** cat letting tiny CB hold him all game long. a big dude like that ought to toss that little dude to the ground and walk into the end zone every play. it was awkward lol. shaheen is just big. not a good ball player. i couldnt pull the trigger on either one of them. But if the giants do, i will hope we are wrong...but what pops out on film is exactly what you said LOL

Comment

zach banner, dion dawkins, taylor moton, anotnio garcia or any other OL not talked about as a first rounder may get some WTF

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                    I don't like Hodges either but beg to differ on Shaheen, what's your beef w him? Looks like a solid player on tape. Can block, catch, has speed, smarts, size, and great route runner. What's the complaint?
                    2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
                    "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                    - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

I don't like Hodges either but beg to differ on Shaheen, what's your beef w him? Looks like a solid player on tape. Can block, catch, has speed, smarts, size, and great route runner. What's the complaint?
                      Weaknesses

As would be expected with a player of Shaheen’s background, he is still a raw player. While he has the production on the field that would make him seem like a complete player, there are still aspects of his game that he needs to sharpened. One of these areas is playing against physical defenders, both on the line in press coverage and in the open field running routes. At times he gets thrown off his route by smaller defenders and he needs to learn how to play through that.

“The biggest [area of improvement]I guess is route running techniques and stuff,” he said. “It’s going to be completely different. That’s the biggest knock on me playing Division II. Am I able translate my game to the next level? I think I have the size, speed and athleticism.”

Also, he needs to improve in run blocking. For a player of his stature he is below average in the run game, especially at the second-level. He often throws himself at defenders instead of engaging them, leading to many missed blocks. The encouraging aspect of this is he has all of the physical tools to develop into at least a solid blocker.

While it isn’t his fault, Shaheen has played against a significantly lower-level of competition, which naturally draws questions about how he will adjust to the NFL. http://bsndenver.com/broncos-prospec...en-te-ashland/

i was not impressed. small school. terrible route runner.. gets abused by smaller corners same as hodges...looks awkward rather than athletic. and did i mention the worst route runner ever. he will never be open and does not use his body well enough as big guy to shield defenders and make grabs...compare himt Mike williams to see how it ough t to be done.... he said it himselfin his own words (see above)... the tight ends to target are oj howard, evan engram, george kittle and jordan legget IMO and maybe the touchdown guy..i think his name is Micheal roberts...if you want a project that guy from the CFL(forgot his name) is a better choice than shaeen IMO. i think he is very likely a bust.. in div 2 football he ought to have WAY better stats also IMO.

2 cents

Think "split the seam" and you will fidn the right tight end to stop teams from cover 2 defense against us IMO and if not get the tougchdown guy Michael roberts who WILL get open and DOES use his body to get the 50 50 balls
                      Last edited by bigpoppy; 04-26-2017, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
                        lets let the kid get on the field and play..ellison that is. he hasnt caught one pass or threw one block,,lets wait to see before labeling him an overpay.
                        Well in my explanation on using him to be the blocker they could not get in FA and he in fact secures Eli's Blindside then he wouldnt be overpaid would he?
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

my only complaint is he's done it vs lesser competition and where he's projected to go is a little too high for me for a players whos going to have that large an increase in skill level he's facing. i just think round 2 is a little too high for a DII player.

Comment

It would be pretty WTF if we ended up being the team to snag Gareon Conley in the middle of the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                              Weaknesses

As would be expected with a player of Shaheen’s background, he is still a raw player. While he has the production on the field that would make him seem like a complete player, there are still aspects of his game that he needs to sharpened. One of these areas is playing against physical defenders, both on the line in press coverage and in the open field running routes. At times he gets thrown off his route by smaller defenders and he needs to learn how to play through that.

“The biggest [area of improvement]I guess is route running techniques and stuff,” he said. “It’s going to be completely different. That’s the biggest knock on me playing Division II. Am I able translate my game to the next level? I think I have the size, speed and athleticism.”

Also, he needs to improve in run blocking. For a player of his stature he is below average in the run game, especially at the second-level. He often throws himself at defenders instead of engaging them, leading to many missed blocks. The encouraging aspect of this is he has all of the physical tools to develop into at least a solid blocker.

While it isn’t his fault, Shaheen has played against a significantly lower-level of competition, which naturally draws questions about how he will adjust to the NFL. http://bsndenver.com/broncos-prospec...en-te-ashland/

i was not impressed. small school. terrible route runner.. gets abused by smaller corners same as hodges...looks awkward rather than athletic. and did i mention the worst route runner ever. he will never be open and does not use his body well enough as big guy to shield defenders and make grabs...compare himt Mike williams to see how it ough t to be done.... he said it himselfin his own words (see above)... the tight ends to target are oj howard, evan engram, george kittle and jordan legget IMO and maybe the touchdown guy..i think his name is Micheal roberts...if you want a project that guy from the CFL(forgot his name) is a better choice than shaeen IMO. i think he is very likely a bust.. in div 2 football he ought to have WAY better stats also IMO.

2 cents

Think "split the seam" and you will fidn the right tight end to stop teams from cover 2 defense against us IMO and if not get the tougchdown guy Michael roberts who WILL get open and DOES use his body to get the 50 50 balls
                              He's not a bad route runner at all. You people crack me up. The guy says it's going to be a transition learning to run NFL-style routes and suddenly he can't run routes? You completely made that up. Also, you want more production because of his division? Ok, he had more catches, yards, and TDs than any other TE in his class and had double the TDs of Howard (16 to Howard's 8). I think you're making up facts to fit your agenda. Bottom line is he's about as solid as a TE prospect can be from a D-ll school and will most likely be a round 2 pick, exactly where he belongs.
                              2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
                              - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

He's not a bad route runner at all. You people crack me up. The guy says it's going to be a transition learning to run NFL-style routes and suddenly he can't run routes? You completely made that up. Also, you want more production because of his division? Ok, he had more catches, yards, and TDs than any other TE in his class and had double the TDs of Howard (16 to Howard's 8). I think you're making up facts to fit your agenda. Bottom line is he's about as solid as a TE prospect can be from a D-ll school and will most likely be a round 2 pick, exactly where he belongs.
                                well i watched his tape. i think he sucks. i could be wrong... maybe its you with the agenda my friend. i'm not married to any one player. i'm just stating my opinion. i think the dude sucked big fat moose butt on tape. and yes his route running absolutely sucks IMO. watch evan engram side by side and you will see what good route running looks like. i dont see any cuts or sharpness at all....anyway....it doesn't matter at this point...but the dude admits he needs to work on his route running in the article i posted...he said so himself. so yeah...

what i'm saying with stats is a small school guys should absolutely dominate man. like corey davis did...then i'll be much more sold. wasn't making anything up. just though the guy is stinkola.

at the end of the day we all want the same thing...for the Gmen to get the best picks..... good luck with your hopefuls...but you'll understand if i don't root for them all.... and if we do pick him I'll be hoping I was wrong about him for sure and if and he becomes a good player for us, fantastic, i will be the first one to say i was wrong ...but i doubt it man
                                Last edited by bigpoppy; 04-27-2017, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X