Our division rivals all went defense for 3 straight rounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our division rivals all went defense for 3 straight rounds

Of course they each did this in part because of their team needs. But are they all getting scared of our offensive capabilities? Sure we see a couple of DL to attack our weak OL, but it's more so been CB heavy at this point.

G-Men already striking fear into the hearts of our rivals.

defensive draft cowboys lost 5 starters skins and eagles needed help a lot of defensive talent in this draft,wish the giants stuck there toe in the pass rush pool.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post
      defensive draft cowboys lost 5 starters skins and eagles needed help a lot of defensive talent in this draft,wish the giants stuck there toe in the pass rush pool.
      I strongly believe that the giants know they have a proven superbowl qb with a few good years left. So squeeze all the juice you can for him before we possibly fall into kent graham / dave brown / danny kanell years again.

Comment

Where did our O rank last year? As opposed to say.. the cowboys (who needed a lot of help on D) don't think it's us they're scared of.. especially when they know the whole 3 plays we run, better than anybody else
        If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
          Where did our O rank last year? As opposed to say.. the cowboys (who needed a lot of help on D) don't think it's us they're scared of.. especially when they know the whole 3 plays we run, better than anybody else
          but yet with those same 3 plays they ran they managed to beat one of the hottest teams in football not once, but twice,,,also shutting down zeke not once, but twice. you know you can always go root for another team, what an uneducated comment.

Comment

Last year does not matter. We scored 26 a game in 2015 and 19 last year. Things change drastically from year to year.
            LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
              Last year does not matter. We scored 26 a game in 2015 and 19 last year. Things change drastically from year to year.
              Actually I think it was closer to 28.something cause I remember many comments saying their scoring dropped off 10 ppg.

Yes I doubt any if those teams were Drafting D in First three rounds due to the Giant's measly 19ppg and them hardly doing anything to change the time Eli gets to throw so far
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                Actually I think it was closer to 28.something cause I remember many comments saying their scoring dropped off 10 ppg.

Yes I doubt any if those teams were Drafting D in First three rounds due to the Giant's measly 19ppg and them hardly doing anything to change the time Eli gets to throw so far
                26.25. They scored 420 points that year, good enough for 6th in the league. People don't think we can scored with this team, they are crazy. Last year was a perfect storm of crap. So much went wrong with the O it was disgusting and throw in a rookie HC and an OC that was fired after only two terrible years in TB. This will get straightened out.
                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Well that's a nice way to look at it. But this draft was loaded with defensive talent. Including S and CB there were 21 DB's drafted in 64 picks of the first 2 rds. But if we can protect Eli our passing game has the potential to be great, we'll probably throw the ball 40 times a game. But I thought last year our offense would be as good as it was the 2 previous years. The OL wasn't addressed in the draft and not sure Fluker was enough in FA. So we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
                    Well that's a nice way to look at it. But this draft was loaded with defensive talent. Including S and CB there were 21 DB's drafted in 64 picks of the first 2 rds. But if we can protect Eli our passing game has the potential to be great, we'll probably throw the ball 40 times a game. But I thought last year our offense would be as good as it was the 2 previous years. The OL wasn't addressed in the draft and not sure Fluker was enough in FA. So we'll see.
                    This draft was not loaded in talent at all. It was stronger defensively than offensively, but most of the players drafted after the 3rd round would have gone undrafted in most years. Really ugly draft this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
                      but yet with those same 3 plays they ran they managed to beat one of the hottest teams in football not once, but twice,,,also shutting down zeke not once, but twice. you know you can always go root for another team, what an uneducated comment.
                      Hey Jamey you know the defense did most of the heavy lifting as you said in your own post, the D shut Elliot down. We couldn't score 20 pts a game last year. The offense was vanilla it's a fact, the O line was just awful it's a fact, we were way down in scoring from the 2 previous years it's a fact. It might have been a little sarcastic but it certainly wasn't uneducated.

Comment

Having Engram and Brandon Marshall will help the Offense from a Chess piece standpoint.

Teams will not be able to roll the coverage towards Odell as much as they had last year.

If teams do, B-Marsh will eat their lunch, and Engram will be a beneficiary as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
                          Of course they each did this in part because of their team needs. But are they all getting scared of our offensive capabilities? Sure we see a couple of DL to attack our weak OL, but it's more so been CB heavy at this point.

G-Men already striking fear into the hearts of our rivals.
                          they were smart the value was on that side of the ball,one analyst was saying you could get first round talent all the way into the fourth round depending on what position group your talking about on defense.

Comment

yeah the cowboys shouldn't be scared of the team that beat them twice last year

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
                              You look so stupid right now "our offense is amazing! We shut down Ezekiel Elliot!" Um......

An uneducated comment lol coming from someone who knows nothing about the schematics of football, and like you've never criticized anything about the giants stfu, go root for another team because I (and 99% Of the fan base) hated the offensive playcalling which even game commentators mocked

"Macdoo has that giant play sheet am only calls 3 plays off of it"

Can our offense be good? As long as we have Eli and Odell it SHOULD be, but if you think that offense was any good last year it's obvious to everyone here that you're a moron, and until our playcalling gets better no one is going to be shaking in their boots about an offense that finished near the bottom of the league, just being realistic

The defense pulled a complete carry job last year, we didn't score 30 points ONE time all year, that's pathetic

If you don't think the cowboys offense, a top ranked unit was better than ours last year.. well the word delusional doesn't even begin to describe it.. sit down
                              Last edited by Eliordie; 05-11-2017, 01:46 PM.
                              If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Working...
                              X