No announcement yet.

6 things you may or may not know about the Eli Manning and Philip Rivers trade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 things you may or may not know about the Eli Manning and Philip Rivers trade

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery...t-picks-052917

Both teams walked away well from this trade. I did not know that Ryan Leaf's situation with San Diego helped turn Eli Manning off from the Chargers.
    We all that we got!

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
    http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery...t-picks-052917

Both teams walked away well from this trade. I did not know that Ryan Leaf's situation with San Diego helped turn Eli Manning off from the Chargers.
    Yup apparently Leaf was close with the Manning family from being Peytons draft class mate, and trashed their management

Ernie Acorsi did an interview that gave a super in depth look at this whole situation a short while back, was a great watch

Comment

Shawn Merriman and Nate Kaeding have more Pro Bowl appearances than Eli as with many NFL Pro Bowlers but more importantly, No Superbowls victories like the Eagles. There are definitely players that would gladly trade their 5,10 Pro bowl appearances for 1 Superbowl ring that they don't have.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
        Shawn Merriman and Nate Kaeding have more Pro Bowl appearances than Eli as with many NFL Pro Bowlers but more importantly, No Superbowls victories like the Eagles. There are definitely players that would gladly trade their 5,10 Pro bowl appearances for 1 Superbowl ring that they don't have.
        Merriman was a roider lol all time Eli ranks way higher at his position than any of the guys we traded, not even close actually

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
          Also how many would Merriman have made it he wasn't juiced up?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
            Bingo

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
              Probably 0 if I were to guess.
              We all that we got!

Comment

I don't think the Chargers made up well considering they could've gotten a SB winning QB instead of a garbage time stat padding QB.

Comment

I personally think all 3 QB's in that first round are going to the HOF. It already is the greatest QB class of all time. More successful than the class of Elway, Marino, and Kelly. imho though I've been thru some big arguments over that statement.

I'm really glad EA wouldn't let it go and made the trade.

Comment

I started watching football the year Eli was drafted. I had just gotten back home to Toronto from a trip to New York and decided I needed a team to follow. The Giants made sense because even I knew about the Eli trade, and they seemed like a young team on the rise. I also loved New York.

When I read in that article that the reverberations of the are still being felt today, I smiled when I thought about how I became a Giants fan.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
                      I personally think all 3 QB's in that first round are going to the HOF. It already is the greatest QB class of all time. More successful than the class of Elway, Marino, and Kelly. imho though I've been thru some big arguments over that statement.

I'm really glad EA wouldn't let it go and made the trade.
                      The Elway, Kelly and Marino class has 10 Super-bowl appearances so IMO it is still the best and I think Todd Blackledge had a more prosperous career than JP Losman

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                        I don't think the Chargers made up well considering they could've gotten a SB winning QB instead of a garbage time stat padding QB.
                        Phillip Rivers is a fantastic QB. His teams failings are not because of him.

Its okay to like Eli and not feel the need to disparage QBs who can easily be argued have as much (if not more) arm talent than Eli just because you're a Giants fan.

Comment

I don't think we win two SBs with Rivers at the helm Luke we did with Eli. However I feel Benn would if won at least two with us and maybe due to his running abilities compared to Eli to get away from trouble, maybe he would of been enough to compensate for the loss of Plax in 08. Who knows
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

That's with all things being equal. However knowing Benns checkered past with Women and being accused of rape. Putting him in NYC may have been to much and he may have crashed and burned and ended up in jail if he came here and we end up with Zero SBs
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post
                              Phillip Rivers is a fantastic QB. His teams failings are not because of him.

Its okay to like Eli and not feel the need to disparage QBs who can easily be argued have as much (if not more) arm talent than Eli just because you're a Giants fan.
                              I blame organizational deficiency for rivers success.. That's why Eli didn't want to go there.
                              Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

Working...
                              X