So who we drafting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who we drafting?

Right now I'm leaning towards the TE Fleener......just keep stacking the weapons for god ol Eli...Either that or a stud RT

Re: So who we drafting?

Fleener is my pick. We will probably lose Manningham to free agency and TE is a huge need now so why not add a great pass receiving TE to compensate for the loss of Manningham?

Fleener seems to have the potential to be one of those elite receiving TEs, and with Cruz and Nicks being doubled on the outside he will be a matchup nightmare in the middle of the field.

Comment

Plus with Beckums torn ACL and Ballard being a FA (Though I expect him back), it makes TE that much more of a need for us

Comment

Imagine this offense with a TE like that? WOW that would be potent

Comment

[quote user="bubblesmcgee"]Imagine this offense with a TE like that? WOW that would be potent[/quote]
          LOL, awesome picture. Fleener really does look like a good one....Reminds me of Greg Olsen, but Fleener being superior in both Length and athleticism

Comment

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="bubblesmcgee"]Imagine this offense with a TE like that? WOW that would be potent[/quote]
            LOL, awesome picture. Fleener really does look like a good one....Reminds me of Greg Olsen, but Fleener being superior in both Length and athleticism
            [/quote]

I cant take credit for the picture I found it in 08 shortly after SB 42 and I thought this is a perfect occasion to break it out again

Comment

[quote user="juice33s"]Plus with Beckums torn ACL and Ballard being a FA (Though I expect him back), it makes TE that much more of a need for us
              [/quote]

TE is our biggest need to me. We do not have a 2012 NFL TE on the roster. We have 1947 NFL TE's lol.

Comment

I've wanted Fleener for the longest. Was hoping for him midsecond round when I thought that's where we'd be picking, but now, not minding him at end of the first.

While Fleener's my ideal choice, if Mike Adams falls to 32, you can't say no.

Comment

Yeah. Fleener reminds me exactly of Olsen. Me personally, I want a TE that may not have the burst/speed of a Fleener but one with very strong hands and elite body control. Therefore, I'd prefer a Dwayne Allen. Granted his body control isn't on a Jermichael Finley level, but I think he's much better making catches in traffic, on jump balls, and overall tight coverage. I'd be very happy with either.

Hey, since Manningham might be gone... I wouldn't put it past the giants towards drafting a receiver? Since we do have a history of BPA, it wouldn't shock me if Alshon Jeffery or Sanu drops to 32 and the giants pick either

Comment

[quote user="bLuereverie"]I've wanted Fleener for the longest. Was hoping for him midsecond round when I thought that's where we'd be picking, but now, not minding him at end of the first.

While Fleener's my ideal choice, if Mike Adams falls to 32, you can't say no.[/quote]
                    I'm not too high on Adams. Supposedly he struggles with speed rushers to go along with his character concerns and relatively short arm length (33 1/4). For reference tyron Smith had 36 3/8 inch arms

Comment

[quote user="Neverend"]Yeah. Fleener reminds me exactly of Olsen. Me personally, I want a TE that may not have the burst/speed of a Fleener but one with very strong hands and elite body control. Therefore, I'd prefer a Dwayne Allen. Granted his body control isn't on a Jermichael Finley level, but I think he's much better making catches in traffic, on jump balls, and overall tight coverage. I'd be very happy with either.

Hey, since Manningham might be gone... I wouldn't put it past the giants towards drafting a receiver? Since we do have a history of BPA, it wouldn't shock me if Alshon Jeffery or Sanu drops to 32 and the giants pick either[/quote]
                      I'm not as high on Allen as most seem to be. To me he seems like a rather ordinary athlete and not the real stretch the field guy that teams look for in an early round TE. Personally I have Fleener and Orson Charles above him.

As for Sanu, he does look sick, but with Nicks and Cruz in the fold i just don't see WR as a 1st round priority. Only so many balls to go around

Comment

[quote user="Neverend"]Yeah. Fleener reminds me exactly of Olsen. Me personally, I want a TE that may not have the burst/speed of a Fleener but one with very strong hands and elite body control. Therefore, I'd prefer a Dwayne Allen. Granted his body control isn't on a Jermichael Finley level, but I think he's much better making catches in traffic, on jump balls, and overall tight coverage. I'd be very happy with either.

Hey, since Manningham might be gone... I wouldn't put it past the giants towards drafting a receiver? Since we do have a history of BPA, it wouldn't shock me if Alshon Jeffery or Sanu drops to 32 and the giants pick either[/quote]
                        Also imo Fleener's hand strength and body control are superior to Allens (Body control by a landslide).

For an example of hand strenght did you see his one handed grab
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_eAaWcaRiU

Comment

I say we go O-line. Peter Konz at C is my favorite at the spot. I could also see Cordy Glenn as our next RT. Other names to watch:

Chase Minniefield

Alphonso Dennard

Vontaze Burfict

Alshon Jeffery

Dwayne Allen

Johnathin Martin

Whitney Mercilus

Nick Perry

Mohamed Sanu.

Comment

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Neverend"]Yeah. Fleener reminds me exactly of Olsen. Me personally, I want a TE that may not have the burst/speed of a Fleener but one with very strong hands and elite body control. Therefore, I'd prefer a Dwayne Allen. Granted his body control isn't on a Jermichael Finley level, but I think he's much better making catches in traffic, on jump balls, and overall tight coverage. I'd be very happy with either.

Also imo Fleener's hand strength and body control are superior to Allens (Body control by a landslide).

For an example of hand strenght did you see his one handed grab
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_eAaWcaRiU
                            [/quote]

Hm, thats a great play to back up your opinion. Still, ive seen some stanford games this year where they've tried to throw jump balls in the red zone for Fleener and he didn't display the type of elite hand strength/body contorting skills to make a catch with a DB all over him. Allen may not be the type of route runner Fleener is nor does he have his speed, but he has shown more often to make plays by plucking the ball out of his frame in traffic and against tight man coverage as oppose to Fleener who makes his plays by getting wide open separation (credit to him, obviously)

Comment

My dream scenario would be to go after Dont'a Hightower with our first pick if he's still available.... then somehow land Jermichael Finley. What I think will actually happen though is the Steelers or Ravens will take Hightower and we'll go after Allen or Fleener. If we pass on Fleener and go TE in the 2nd, I'd be REALLY happy with Orson Charles. He doesn't have the size that Fleener has but he can make plays with his quickness and athleticism... and he can make plays after the catch.

Comment

Working...
                              X