Who are your top 5 sleepers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are your top 5 sleepers?

By sleepers, I mean guys that aren't projected to go in the first 4 rounds (pre combine/pro day)

1. Demario Davis (LB) Arkansas State... Extremely fast with good power. Great in coverage and getting to the outside. Not the ideal height for a MLB, but at 6'1 240 I think he can manage. He played OLB throughout college but played MLB at the Senior Bowl I believe. Good tackler and has shown great ability to get off of blockers. Keep an eye on this guy at the combine.

2. Bryce Brown (RB) no team... The guy has some problems and has pretty much handled every step of his career so far horribly. Still, he has the ability to be an elite RB at the next level if he can mature and get focused... he could be a great player.

3. Dequan Menzie (CB) Alabama... Perhaps lacking in elite speed but was great at Alabama. Lived in the shadow of Dre Kirkpatrick despite outplaying him IMO in 2010. Beat out a previous 5 star starter in Demarcus Milliner after transferring to Alabama. Some may think he'll go in the first 4 rounds, but the site I'm using for grades (profootball weekly) has him listed 5th or later) If he doesn't count I'll stick with the same team and say Jerrell Harris (OLB) from Alabama who really came on strong his senior year. Very quick and athletic and will probably put up great numbers at the combine. 5 star player out of high school that played behind bigger guys.

4. Tauren Pool (RB) Not sure if he has #1 RB ability but I think he has the skills to be a great guy off the bench.

5. Rishard Mathews (WR) Nevada. A little raw but still gets the job done. He has a great blend of size and speed 6'1 215 with a track background. Top 10 in CFB in receiving yards. Will get up after the ball and will do the dirty work. Very promising future.

--would also put Vick Ballard on this list but lately I've seen him mocked in the first 4 rounds.

Re: Who are your top 5 sleepers?

got me bro ,I can't draft worth a sh** sleepers? I did win 18 of 21 teams in fanasty football,Nfl,Cbs,Fox!! So maybe I'am not so bad?

Comment

Bobby Rainey (RB)

Evan Rodriquez (FB/TE)

Donte Paige-Moss (DE)

Andrew Datko (OT)

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Not sure if Demario Davis is still a sleeper. He had a pretty good Combine.

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"]

Andrew Datko (OT)[/quote]

This.

If he recovers from his injury somebody is getting a good football player. I would not be surprised if Christian Ponder is up in minn. whispering in the GM's ear. Prior to his injury, the only guy I sw actually get the better of Datko now plays for us wearing #90.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Kruunch"]

Andrew Datko (OT)[/quote]

This.

If he recovers from his injury somebody is getting a good football player. I would not be surprised if Christian Ponder is up in minn. whispering in the GM's ear. Prior to his injury, the only guy I sw actually get the better of Datko now plays for us wearing #90.

[/quote]He had a pretty serious shoulder injury. Some guys bounce back from surgery and some don't. Can't think of the name of the freshman LB, (FSU) but he had a similar type injury to Datko and he's done playing football. I'd like to know how his medical went.

Comment

Mike Harris, CB, Florida State- That's my guy right there. If he isn't a "sleeper", I don't know what is. Pretty sure he checked in at 5"10, 188 lbs.

Comment

Jordan White and Greg Childs are two sleepers of mine.

Comment

[quote user="Neverend"]Jordan White and Greg Childs are two sleepers of mine.[/quote]I don't know if I'd call Childs a sleeper. Aside from Jarius Wright and Joe Adams, Childs was one of Ryan Mallett's go to guys & a solid WR. Should be interesting though to see where he goes in the draft & how he performs in the NFL. A lot of Arkansas guys are saying Childs hasn't been the same since his injury (torn patella tendon).

Comment

CB Shaun Prater, Iowa
                    RB Isaiah Pead, Cincinnati

Comment

[quote user="heavyhitter"]Mike Harris, CB, Florida State- That's my guy right there. If he isn't a "sleeper", I don't know what is. Pretty sure he checked in at 5"10, 188 lbs.
                      [/quote]

That's not a sleeper ... that's a pygmy.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

CB Shaun Prater, Iowa
                        RB Isaiah Pead, Cincinnati

[/quote]

I like Pead too.

Comment

Derek Wolfe.
                          Travis Lewis.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]Derek Wolfe.
                            Travis Lewis.[/quote]

definitely agree on Lewis.
                            sigpic

Comment

Most of my sleepers from the early part of the season aren't really sleepers anymore, so i'll pick another 5...

Scott Solomon DE Rice- One of the mose dominant Dlineman statistacally in Rice History... This dudes one of those high motor guys, who never quits, and i can at worst see a Dave Tollefson type career for him.. Had a pretty decent combine outside of the 40. Finished top 5 in Vert and Shuttle for DE, and finished 8th in Cone and 2nd in Bench...

Jaye Howard DT Florida- good look penetrating DT, who i think will fit nicely as a rotational DT for someone, who could possibly be more...

Danny Coale WR Va Tech- I just really like this kid and can see him being really good if he gets drafted by the right team, and the GIANTS being one of them, if we lose mario.. This kids Versatile, having not only returned some punts, but also PUNTED as well!!!!lol He can catch it, run it on reverses, punt the ball, and return punts, and probably return kicks as well..

Omar Bolden CB Arz St- Injuries are whats gonna keep this kid outta top 2 to 3 rds... hes got great size for a CB and very solid speed and strength.. A big contributor when healthy..

Davin meggett RB maryland- One of my fave sleeper RBs.. I think if he were on a better team, he'd be a bit higher pick then he'll be, all though hes gained a bit of steam, as i see em in the 4-6 range more often then not now.. Runs with good pad level, and is known to be a weight room rat... I could see this kid becoming a contributor and possibly more...

Comment

Working...
                              X