I want Vontaze Burfict

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I want Vontaze Burfict

Steelers could take him too. He definitely fits a 3-4 system better and James Ferrier has been around since God was a child. But, they also need a nt.
    sigpic

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="giantman8493"][quote user="Martyr"]I don't want him at all, what's he going to do after he gets paid? Id like to think the giants steer clear let the Bengels draft him[/quote]Cocaine!!!! is what he will do when he gets money.[/quote]
      like LT?[/quote]

I really hate when people make that comparison. LT was never a bad teammate. Some of Burficts own teammates implied he hurt them more last year than he helped.

LT had personal issues, but they never lost us football games. Burfict's problems did lose ASU football games. Its just that simple. Its also a different day and age. Likely LT would not have been able to do the things today that he did back then(im talking the off the field stuff here).

Then there is Burficts 2011 tape. Its very average. In 2010, he was a star. In 2011 he wasnt even the best LB on his own team.

Lastly, there is the Giants. An organization known for drafting character with a head coach who values character. I just dont see this team drafting him at 32. Now, maybe if he falls deeper into the draft, then he becomes a worthy gamble. But with the amount a 1st rounder earns, and potential sunk cost of drafting a guy who could be a boom or complete bust, I just dont see any way we take him at 32. Its not Giant-like.
      [/quote]What does this have to do with cocaine? its a rich person drug. And it seems to fit his personality. .....idk

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"]He can be really good. I don't think he gets taken in round 1 though.[/quote]Agreed. If other players have their stocks rise (Doug Martin, Mike Martin, Fleener, etc) I could see Burfict's suffer due to his character issues and it's also possible that at this point, many teams already have him removed from their boards completely. If he falls, he could end up as a mid 2nd.

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Steelers could take him too. He definitely fits a 3-4 system better and James Ferrier has been around since God was a child. But, they also need a nt.
          [/quote]

Casey Hampton retiring?

The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

[quote user="PRFan"]Anyone thinks the Ravens pass him up?? I don't.[/quote]I think it goes further then them taking ther shot on talented yet troubled players (a la Jimmy Smith), but you gotta keep in mind, he had some pretty bad tape on him this year, not first round tape.

I mentioned earlier that I can see this kid falling far, 3rd round type far.
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="PRFan"]Anyone thinks the Ravens pass him up?? I don't.[/quote]I think it goes further then them taking ther shot on talented yet troubled players (a la Jimmy Smith), but you gotta keep in mind, he had some pretty bad tape on him this year, not first round tape.

I mentioned earlier that I can see this kid falling far, 3rd round type far.[/quote]all it takes is one of the 32 teams to have a first round grade on him...

Comment

[quote user="giantman8493"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="PRFan"]Anyone thinks the Ravens pass him up?? I don't.[/quote]I think it goes further then them taking ther shot on talented yet troubled players (a la Jimmy Smith), but you gotta keep in mind, he had some pretty bad tape on him this year, not first round tape.

I mentioned earlier that I can see this kid falling far, 3rd round type far.[/quote]all it takes is one of the 32 teams to have a first round grade on him...[/quote]And who is to say that he is the highest rated first round graded player...?
                My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="Martyr"]

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Steelers could take him too. He definitely fits a 3-4 system better and James Ferrier has been around since God was a child. But, they also need a nt.
                  [/quote]

Casey Hampton retiring?

[/quote]

Its been rumored. Even if he doesnt, he wasnt himself this year. He had some nagging injuries and It was the 1st time in years teams were able to run vs the Steelers, and they did it up the middle. Like much of the Steelers defense, he is old(turns 35 by next season) and they need to look for a replacement. Ive read multiple sorces saying they have their eye on the Poe kid out of Memphis as a NT replacement for Hampton.

And for the record. I think casey Hampton is the most underapreciated defensive player of the last 10 years. The guy has been a legendary space eater for the Steelers for a long time.

However, if the cards dont fall their way I think the next position they look at is ILB. Ferrior is up there too.
                  sigpic

Comment

Im a big VB fan. He's a good guy off the field, a tornado of destruction and pain on the field. Unfortunately, his intensity often times gets his team into trouble.

This is where TC and the entire NYG org steps in.

if we get this guy at 32 I will be out the door getting his jersey ASAP. He's something special.

At the end of the day, this NYG org. and Reese can do no wrong. Theyve proven to the world that you can never doubt what they can accomplish. Whatever they choose to do, I have no doubt in my mind they will make the best choice for the NYG.

Comment

at the end of the day we don't NEED a linebacker early. We have a lot of young guys who I believe will eventually become stars.

JWill is our future WLB and I have high hopes for Jones or Herzlich in the middle.

As long as we keep stocking that DLine with beasts then we don't need an impact linebacker.

Comment

If he is there then draft him. Bring in Carson and Banks as consultants. He has the strength, motor, and toughness. He is a bit of a hot head but with experience around him that can be dealt with.

Comment

I would love to see this psychopath wearing blue! What intensity. He's like the Mike Tyson of linebackers. Saw his YouTube highlights. I love the attitude!

Comment

I say draft him, I don't want him to hurt Eli. After a few good hefty fines he will learn to
                            settle down.

Comment

The Ravens are a perfect fit for him. What better mentor is there than Ray Lewis... and Ray is getting up there in age so, If I had to make a guess I'd say he's going to end up in Baltimore.

They have a way of taming young guys with off the field issues...Jimmy Smith as an example.
                              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

[quote user="titwio"]The Ravens are a perfect fit for him. What better mentor is there than Ray Lewis... and Ray is getting up there in age so, If I had to make a guess I'd say he's going to end up in Baltimore. They have a way of taming young guys with off the field issues...Jimmy Smith as an example.[/quote]

Im thinking the same exact thing. Late 1st sounds about right with his "issues" but Baltimore fits him well. Leaning how to deal with temper from a guy like Ray Lewis is perfect for Burfict.

Comment

Working...
                                X