Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alec Ogletree ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Difference between stopping a RB 1 on 1 and shedding lineman. i dont doubt Ogletree's ability to make plays when he is clean.
    That performance is very uneven there is a whole drive in there were he gets taken out of every running play. When blockers get to him at the 2nd level he struggles. That doesnt mean he isnt a good player or wont improve but its on the game tape along with all the great plays
    At times it looks like he gives up after a lineman gets their hands on him

    Comment


    • #32
      He looks more like a SLB to then a MLB and I saw that Lacy ran over him a few times in that game. So I keep picturing Alfred Morris running through him if we draft him.

      Comment


      • #33
        of course theres plays he looks bad.. What would that say about Barrett Jones, Fluker, and Warmack if Ogletree was dominating them and disengaging any and every block they were getting and also Micahel Williams as well?

        This is the only place i've seen even the slightest negative thoughts on Alec Ogletree.. Its like no matter what he does, some of u just hate admiting anything other then ur originol opinion..

        I could show Ogletree bulldozing throgh 9olineman and doing kartwheels through there blocks and i don't think it would change some of ur opinions..

        The guys insnae.. Obviously, hes not gonna shed every block , and make every tackle against the run, and that video i displayed was to show just what kinda strength he has, and trust me, Taking Eddie Lacy on 1on1 when Lacy has a head of steam and stopping him dead in his tracks when even 10inches would get Lacy a TD is absoulutley impressive!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
          Difference between stopping a RB 1 on 1 and shedding lineman. i dont doubt Ogletree's ability to make plays when he is clean.
          That performance is very uneven there is a whole drive in there were he gets taken out of every running play. When blockers get to him at the 2nd level he struggles. That doesnt mean he isnt a good player or wont improve but its on the game tape along with all the great plays
          Show me even one single game of any prospect video u have put up that isnt uneven, with good and bad?

          The diffrence of good prospects is they show what there capable of and in games show those capabilities.. I mean, there is 10other guys out there with Ogletree who are part of these plays and what not as well, and are prospects themselves..

          Go do a full tape of Shawn Williams or Baccari Rambo, or any of em, and ur gonna see good and bad.. U just want to see the good being diffrence making stuff, and Ogletree 100pct shows that.. Hence why he got good grades and chatter when u see people on the web discuss or grade his performances in the Bama game and NEB game for that matter...

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Ny_STAT1989 View Post
            He looks more like a SLB to then a MLB and I saw that Lacy ran over him a few times in that game. So I keep picturing Alfred Morris running through him if we draft him.
            I didn't see lacy run over em and i've watched what i thought was just about every play from ogletree in that game? When did Lacy blow through em and cause a Missed tackle and keep going?

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Ny_STAT1989 View Post
              He looks more like a SLB to then a MLB and I saw that Lacy ran over him a few times in that game. So I keep picturing Alfred Morris running through him if we draft him.
              Where??lol He most certainly didn't get ran over by Lacy in this game, i don't know what u were looking at..

              This is a brilliant tape.. Sure, he got blocked well on some plays, but thats every player in every game.. This is what i want on our giants... He was a stud agianst Alabama and the announcer gave em his praise just as he should have.. He made some plays off blocks and got blocked well on some plays.. Thats called "football".. Just like baseball, basketball, and hockey, u don't bat 1000 for 1000... This is a hell of a tape to show pro scouts and probably one of the main reasons this guys a sure fire 1st rder with no ifs, ands , or maybe's about it... I'll gurantee it, just as i did weeks ago..

              Alec Ogletree vs Alabama 2012 - YouTube

              ► 10:43 www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZy_y0on4u8
              Dec 7, 2012 - 11 min - Uploaded by JPDraftJedi
              Alec Ogletree vs LSU (2011)by Aaron AloysiusFeatured1,790; #2 Alabama vs #3 Georgia SEC ...

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                Show me even one single game of any prospect video u have put up that isnt uneven, with good and bad?

                The diffrence of good prospects is they show what there capable of and in games show those capabilities.. I mean, there is 10other guys out there with Ogletree who are part of these plays and what not as well, and are prospects themselves..

                Go do a full tape of Shawn Williams or Baccari Rambo, or any of em, and ur gonna see good and bad.. U just want to see the good being diffrence making stuff, and Ogletree 100pct shows that.. Hence why he got good grades and chatter when u see people on the web discuss or grade his performances in the Bama game and NEB game for that matter...
                He just doesnt deal with Lineman well at all. im not disagreeing with the play making part

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Ny_STAT1989 View Post
                  He looks more like a SLB to then a MLB and I saw that Lacy ran over him a few times in that game. So I keep picturing Alfred Morris running through him if we draft him.
                  It's the draft, if a lb as talented & athletic as Ogletree was awesome against the run, he'd be a top 10 pick....it is what it is, not many prospects are perfect....you just take the chance & hope they keeping improving as pros, just like with every draft pick

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Hey guys, I've caught a lot of **** in this thread and I don't want anyone to think I ran away or anything...just forgot about the discussion.

                    Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                    What are u talking about? That picture dosen't even do justice his leaping ability and that play inpaticular.. This kids got crazy hops, and is extremely instinctive, judging by his 3sacks, 112tackles, 2FF, 1INT, 11.5 TFL while missing 4games.. He has insane athletic ability! Have u seriously not seen this guy play or something? Hes been the best defender on GA's team against both Bama and Nebrsaka... Hes flat out studly!
                    You act like his leaping ability has everything to do with being a good football player, let alone an NFL caliber LB. Ogletree is a raw, undersized safety-turned-MLB with limited starting experience and very average instincts for the position. All things considered he's just not a first round guy I'm begging the Giants to take at 19.

                    I tend to agree with just about everything RedEye is saying. Not to mention that I believe his opinion deserves a little more respect considering he has gone out of his way to put videos of draft prospects (including Ogletree) on Youtube.


                    *For the record: Probably 95% of the statements on this forum are opinion based. Just because someone uses phrases such as "bottom line" doesn't indicate they are stating any facts. It's for persuasive effect.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
                      Hey guys, I've caught a lot of **** in this thread and I don't want anyone to think I ran away or anything...just forgot about the discussion.



                      You act like his leaping ability has everything to do with being a good football player, let alone an NFL caliber LB. Ogletree is a raw, undersized safety-turned-MLB with limited starting experience and very average instincts for the position. All things considered he's just not a first round guy I'm begging the Giants to take at 19.

                      I tend to agree with just about everything RedEye is saying. Not to mention that I believe his opinion deserves a little more respect considering he has gone out of his way to put videos of draft prospects (including Ogletree) on Youtube.


                      *For the record: Probably 95% of the statements on this forum are opinion based. Just because someone uses phrases such as "bottom line" doesn't indicate they are stating any facts. It's for persuasive effect.
                      I wouldnt say that ,I do very much respect Sportzfans opinions

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                        I wouldnt say that ,I do very much respect Sportzfans opinions
                        Never said you didn't just giving you some kudos, friend.

                        Oh and someone asked me who I would target in the first round. So, in my "uneducated" opinion the Giants should consider all options in pursuit of Te'o, he is rare and would immediately improve the MLB position and make JWill/Boley/Paysinger or whoever else plays beside him better yet. But if that is deemed impossible I would be looking for OL-Warmack, CB-Banks, DT-Richardson and I've also been really impressed with Matt Elam from Florida.

                        But this thread is about Ogletree, right?
                        Last edited by PBTimmons; 01-05-2013, 08:41 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                          He isnt the most physical LB. He is really explosive. When u keep blockers off him he can make a lot of plays. He is similar to UNC/Titans Zach Brown in some ways. Brown got a lot of flack from not being physical in college in fact I saw him nicknamed Pillow hands but that hasnt been the case and he played well this season in Tennessee. Ogletree has the ability to be an elite player can he change his mindset we shall see.
                          Got to see some more tape on him ... I think I'm starting to come around.

                          Kid has some nice range at MLB and coverage skills (obviously important for us).

                          And I don't think he's as bad at getting off the blocks as people have made out. Saw a lot of impressive slippage over the course of a few games. Can get caught up in the wash occasionally, but who doesn't?
                          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                            Well if they want to run the tampa 2, he may actually fit quite well. But they need dynamic OLBs to run that system well too.
                            This was my thinking too.
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
                              Never said you didn't just giving you some kudos, friend.

                              Oh and someone asked me who I would target in the first round. So, in my "uneducated" opinion the Giants should consider all options in pursuit of Te'o, he is rare and would immediately improve the MLB position and make JWill/Boley/Paysinger or whoever else plays beside him better yet. But if that is deemed impossible I would be looking for OL-Warmack, CB-Banks, DT-Richardson and I've also been really impressed with Matt Elam from Florida.

                              But this thread is about Ogletree, right?
                              Teo is not rare. No prospect in this draft is rare in fact.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
                                Hey guys, I've caught a lot of **** in this thread and I don't want anyone to think I ran away or anything...just forgot about the discussion.



                                You act like his leaping ability has everything to do with being a good football player, let alone an NFL caliber LB. Ogletree is a raw, undersized safety-turned-MLB with limited starting experience and very average instincts for the position. All things considered he's just not a first round guy I'm begging the Giants to take at 19.

                                I tend to agree with just about everything RedEye is saying. Not to mention that I believe his opinion deserves a little more respect considering he has gone out of his way to put videos of draft prospects (including Ogletree) on Youtube.


                                *For the record: Probably 95% of the statements on this forum are opinion based. Just because someone uses phrases such as "bottom line" doesn't indicate they are stating any facts. It's for persuasive effect.
                                I act like Leaping Ability is all that matters???lol What? I commented on that because u said u weren't impressed by his up's. I then went on further to validate my opinion by showing all hes done while missing 4games, including leading the Defense loaded with NFL prospects in tackles..

                                Who cares if hes a converted saftey? Thats because hes 2 big to play the positon and if anything just gives him that much more of a prespective on the field, as he now can think like both a S and ILB.. Hes got enough size, and proved he knows how to use it, as hes smashed RB's at the line and they go nowhere, and hes pretty much makes at least one monster hit a game, while piling up the tackles and impact plays.. Sure, he can stand to gain a few more LB's and get a bit better at disengaging, but all in all, the kids well on his way and has a skill package that simply makes defenses better with him on the field..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X