Alec Ogletree ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
    Got to see some more tape on him ... I think I'm starting to come around.

Kid has some nice range at MLB and coverage skills (obviously important for us).

And I don't think he's as bad at getting off the blocks as people have made out. Saw a lot of impressive slippage over the course of a few games. Can get caught up in the wash occasionally, but who doesn't?
    exactly what i've been saying.. Once u really watch this kid, u can't help but fall for him as a prospect.. Hes definetly a kid whos gonna make a diffrence and not be invisible, thats for sure...

Comment

Still strongly disagree he is a first round pick.

He's a projection as a middle linebacker. Crap with his hands, doesn't like to engage with a blocker. If a blocker gets his hands on him he's done.

Projects better coming out as a weak side run and chase type.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post

He's a projection as a middle linebacker. Crap with his hands, doesn't like to engage with a blocker. If a blocker gets his hands on him he's done.

The Combine will really determine where he goes in this case I think.

If he pulls a sub 4.5 in the 40 teams will go gaga for him.
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post

And does that even matter? The key is the guy is a three down line backer who doesn't need to come off the field no matter what the situation is. He might be a bit undersized at the moment, but I fully expect him to put on size, as does everyone else. Let me refer you to Brian Urlacher who put on 20 pounds from his last college game to the combine and ran a 4.59 (Which Olgletree will beat)
          Last edited by juice33s; 01-10-2013, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
            Never said you didn't just giving you some kudos, friend.

Oh and someone asked me who I would target in the first round. So, in my "uneducated" opinion the Giants should consider all options in pursuit of Te'o, he is rare and would immediately improve the MLB position and make JWill/Boley/Paysinger or whoever else plays beside him better yet. But if that is deemed impossible I would be looking for OL-Warmack, CB-Banks, DT-Richardson and I've also been really impressed with Matt Elam from Florida.

But this thread is about Ogletree, right?
            Don't be surpised when Olgetree is the first ILB taken in the 2013 draft

Comment

Originally posted by juice33s View Post
              agreed.. hope it's at #19

Comment

Originally posted by juice33s View Post
                He may very well be the first non pass rushing LB taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                  He may very well be the first non pass rushing LB taken.
                  and hopefully he falls to us. this kid has huge potential and upside, and would fit perfectly into the defensive scheme.

Comment

Working...
                  X