Alec Ogletree ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alec Ogletree ?

I really don't watch any college football so all my knowledge is based off youtube videos and i would like to know what is so special about this kid. I only ask because i see a lot of people on here talk about him, but when i watch videos him it look like he gets pushed around a lot by OL and cant get off blocks. what makes him better than Kevin Minter or Arthur Brown.

Watched him play yesterday ... meh.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

He's a converted safety who will likely run better than other inside linebackers and has a frame to gain significant weight.

But he is certainly a project

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
        Watched him play yesterday ... meh.
        He isnt the most physical LB. He is really explosive. When u keep blockers off him he can make a lot of plays. He is similar to UNC/Titans Zach Brown in some ways. Brown got a lot of flack from not being physical in college in fact I saw him nicknamed Pillow hands but that hasnt been the case and he played well this season in Tennessee. Ogletree has the ability to be an elite player can he change his mindset we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Ny_STAT1989 View Post
          I really don't watch any college football so all my knowledge is based off youtube videos and i would like to know what is so special about this kid. I only ask because i see a lot of people on here talk about him, but when i watch videos him it look like he gets pushed around a lot by OL and cant get off blocks. what makes him better than Kevin Minter or Arthur Brown.
          Im not sure he is better than those guys, His measurables are better but he isnt as physical as those 2

Comment

Not the type of LB the Giants need. Also, i doubt he will be there at pick 19/20. I also double that LB will be out first pick. Looking for DE/CB/OL to be the GMens first pick

Comment

I see us going DE in the first round. What DE's are likely to be there at 19?

Comment

Originally posted by GiantPride13 View Post
                Not the type of LB the Giants need. Also, i doubt he will be there at pick 19/20. I also double that LB will be out first pick. Looking for DE/CB/OL to be the GMens first pick
                Well if they want to run the tampa 2, he may actually fit quite well. But they need dynamic OLBs to run that system well too.

Comment

is the Defense looking to run a Tampa 2?

I haven't heard if thats the plan. If so then yes given his athletic ability and frame he would be a good fit but i still dont see him being there when the giants pick at 19/20.

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                  Well if they want to run the tampa 2, he may actually fit quite well. But they need dynamic OLBs to run that system well too.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantPride13 View Post
                    is the Defense looking to run a Tampa 2?
                    They have been running one under Fewell.

Comment

Hasnt looked like one maybe Alec is exactly what we do need lol

Personally im not a Tampa 2 fan but i have faith that reese will pick the right players to fill fewells need.

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                      They have been running one under Fewell.

Comment

I like him.. just not at #19

Comment

Originally posted by carter.525 View Post
                          I like him.. just not at #19
                          Yea, I dont think he is worth that high of a pick either. I think hes a mid-late 2nd rounder.

Comment

i love em.. Hes a diffrence maker, and even in games the Bulldogs didn't do well defensivley, he made his presence felt, like yesterday, by forcing the big tunrover in the 3rd quarter, which very well could of been the play of the game.. He lead GA in Tackles, and missed 4games! Thats pretty impressive and gives u a idea of his motor and how often hes around the football.. THe giants need players like that, despretley...

They need players that impact the game by more then just ur basic stuff.. THey need diffrence makers, to go with run stuffers like Linval..

Chase Blackburn is terrible... I'd take this guy in a second, and i believe the bears will take em if we pass, as there future replacement for Brian Urlacher.. The bears know about converted safteys into LB's, and what LB's that make plays can do for a team...

I'd be estatic if we got Ogletree.. I also love Khaseeme Greene.. Those are the 2 i've raved about for sometime now... Both made prominent plays in there bowl games as well.. Greene was flat out brilliant..

Comment

Although I Want LBs bad, I don't think we go that route in the 1st.....

Anyone that pays close attention to prospects, what's the word on Gerald Hodges,Kevin Minter,Kasheem Greene,Sean porter $& Arthur brown? Do you see any of them as a good fit for us & where could be realistically get them?

Comment

Working...
                              X