Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 5 in these positions in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    I think we can get good value at LB in the second and third round with
    The problem is, is that almost every single year the Giants Message Board always predicts a top 3 round LBer, but the only thing that happens is he slips REALLY far.

Ali Highsmith, Micah Johnson, Erin Henderson, Vontaze Burfict, Quan Sturdivant are a few names that come off the top of my head.

As a whole, we're terrible LBer evaluators.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I would love to make a prediction but I'm not an expert at all, I'd love to see who they cut before I make a prediction but I'd say we need offensive and defensive line help. That's what our team is built off of. The offensive line to protect Eli and help with the run game and the defensive liine to create pressure.. I'd be happy with OL, DT or DE really...

Comment

Originally posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
        I would love to make a prediction but I'm not an expert at all, I'd love to see who they cut before I make a prediction but I'd say we need offensive and defensive line help. That's what our team is built off of. The offensive line to protect Eli and help with the run game and the defensive liine to create pressure.. I'd be happy with OL, DT or DE really...
        I feel DT is a need position, but I'm still not sold it's a required a first round pick. German boy, Markus Kuhn, can still develop I say we wait a little more, plus Linval has been pretty good for us.

Comment

Here's an interesting thought... are there any top-flight centers in this year's draft class? If Locklear can return, OT won't be as big of a need (especially with Mosley ready to backup, we wouldn't need Diehl anymore). But Baas has been way underperforming ever since we got him. I've seen some specials that say that a good C is important on the O-line, as he is often also responsible for checking blocking assignments for the OL and dealing with any mismatches the D-line tries to create.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel_1 View Post
            I feel DT is a need position, but I'm still not sold it's a required a first round pick. German boy, Markus Kuhn, can still develop I say we wait a little more, plus Linval has been pretty good for us.
            We do have young talent at DT, Kuhn is coming back from an injury though. We have Joseph, Austin and Kuhn for your young guys and Bernard and Canty as our older guys. I couldnt say if we keep Bernard and Canty this upcoming season so we will have to see.

As for DE's we have Tuck, JPP, Osi, Tracey and Ojomo with a possibility of Kiwi. I think the only one going away this year is Osi, because Tuck is still under contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
              Here's an interesting thought... are there any top-flight centers in this year's draft class? If Locklear can return, OT won't be as big of a need (especially with Mosley ready to backup, we wouldn't need Diehl anymore). But Baas has been way underperforming ever since we got him. I've seen some specials that say that a good C is important on the O-line, as he is often also responsible for checking blocking assignments for the OL and dealing with any mismatches the D-line tries to create.
              Baas did underperform this year but I think there is no way we are getting rid of him.. the cap hit would probably be huge and we have bigger priorities than Center..

Comment

Locklear was nothing more than a stop gap this year, so I doubt with knee rehab, and a year of age he will do anything but decline. RT is a huge need, and this is all under the assumption that we re-sign Beatty.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                  Locklear was nothing more than a stop gap this year, so I doubt with knee rehab, and a year of age he will do anything but decline. RT is a huge need, and this is all under the assumption that we re-sign Beatty.
                  I think we have to get Beatty back. He's a higher priority than Cruz at this point for me... not by much, but still. Cruz may be a great receiver, but Beatty is the only good one on our entire offensive line...

Comment

I think we have to get Beatty back. He's a higher priority than Cruz at this point for me... not by much, but still. Cruz may be a great receiver, but Beatty is the only good one on our entire offensive line...
                    I wouldn't break the bank for Beatty by any stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                      I wouldn't break the bank for Beatty by any stretch.
                      It's either that or spend the entire draft on OL. Baas is terrible, Boothe is not much better, Diehl is done, and Snee not too far behind him...

Comment

It's either that or spend the entire draft on OL. Baas is terrible, Boothe is not much better, Diehl is done, and Snee not too far behind him...
                        I think as fans we need to start hooking on the corner to siffer money into the cap lol

Comment

And yet they've collectively given up the least amount of sacks in the league, and have improved in pressures allowed from their 2011 SB season.

Comment

Not to mention about 18 slots higher in run game rank.

Comment

Eli's pocket presence and renewed willingness to force a ball in bad situations (resulting in more picks) is what truly kept his sack count down. Also, they did a lot better when Locklear was playing than when Diehl was. I'd like to see their grade in just the games that Diehl started and played through.

As for the run game, I'm giving more credit to Hynocerous and Unicorn for making a lot of the big blocks we've needed in there, as well as having RBs in Brown and Wilson that aren't afraid to hit the hole when it does show up (as opposed to tip toe jacobs)

Comment

Eli's pocket presence and renewed willingness to force a ball in bad situations (resulting in more picks) is what truly kept his sack count down. Also, they did a lot better when Locklear was playing than when Diehl was. I'd like to see their grade in just the games that Diehl started and played through.As for the run game, I'm giving more credit to Hynocerous and Unicorn for making a lot of the big blocks we've needed in there, as well as having RBs in Brown and Wilson that aren't afraid to hit the hole when it does show up (as opposed to tip toe jacobs)
                                Explained renewed willingness to me, are you saying Eli wasn't willing to do that last year?

Comment

Working...
                                X