Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 5 in these positions in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy
    started a topic Top 5 in these positions in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Top 5 in these positions in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Who are your top 5 in...

OT'S

DE's

LB'S

CB'S

• poppa smurph
    replied
    Originally posted by paulj View Post
    Honestly, I believe they may use Mosley at Guard, not at Tackle.
    They have Brewer and McCants groomed for Tackle.
    I think Locklear was serviceable at RT. I would rather draft an interior OL G/C mauler.
    Locklear's play was a bonus for this offense. I agree, Guard is the biggest need, and maybe the only need on O.

Leave a comment:

• nycsportzfan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    DTs
    1. Star Lotulelei
    2. Sheldon Richardson
    3. John Jenkins
    4. Shariff Floyd
    5. John Hankins
    Wow, no Kawaan Short? Hes really getting a raw deal from people .. I think Short is going in Rd 1 and hes a better prospect then Shariff Floyd for sure.. I think hes better then Sheldon Richardson to be honest...

1). Star L Utah
    2). Kawaan Short Purdue- 6ft 3in 315lbs, 7sacks, 43tackles, 14.5TFL, 4passbroken up, 4blocked kicks, 1FF.. Doing it by himself as well!
    3). Sheldon Richardson Mizzo
    4). Jonathan Hankins Ohio St.
    5). Sylvester Williams UNC

Leave a comment:

• nycsportzfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    Who are your top 5 in...

OT'S

DE's

LB'S

CB'S
    As many of my draft friends know, i make my own lists, and definetly don't go with the consensus, unless i truly agree with the consensus.. Last yr i had Casey Hayward as my 2nd ranked CB, and hes been freaking brilliant for the packers as a rookie, and so on and so fourth..etc

OT's.

1). Luke Joeckl OT Tex AM
    2). Eric Fisher OT C.Michigan
    3). Taylor Lewan OT Michigan
    4). Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
    5). Brennan Williams OT UNC (i think he'll heal just fine, and is a stud RT prospect. Awesome blocker for Bernard).

DE's

1). Ez Ansah DE BYU
    2). Bjorn Werner DE Fla St.
    3). Alex Okafor DE Texas
    4). Sam Montgomery DE LSU
    5). Tank Carradine/John Simon Fla St/Ohio St.

LB's 4-3

1). Manti Te'O
    2). Alec Ogletre Georgia
    3). Khaseeme Greene Rutgers
    4). Kevin Miner LSU
    5). Arthur Brown K-State

CB's

1). Dee Milliner Bama- He just recently passed Poyer, who i think is a flat out stud!
    2). Jordan Poyer Oregon St
    3). Jonathan Banks Miss St.
    4). Xavier Rhodes Florida St.
    5). Micah Hyde Iowa St./ Logan Ryan Iowa/Rutgers

Leave a comment:

• paulj
    replied
    Interior OL

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Here's an interesting thought... are there any top-flight centers in this year's draft class? If Locklear can return, OT won't be as big of a need (especially with Mosley ready to backup, we wouldn't need Diehl anymore). But Baas has been way underperforming ever since we got him. I've seen some specials that say that a good C is important on the O-line, as he is often also responsible for checking blocking assignments for the OL and dealing with any mismatches the D-line tries to create.
    Honestly, I believe they may use Mosley at Guard, not at Tackle.
    They have Brewer and McCants groomed for Tackle.
    I think Locklear was serviceable at RT. I would rather draft an interior OL G/C mauler.

Leave a comment:

• EliIsTheBaas
    replied
    Can't remember the last time this team picked an offensive lineman in the first round. My bet is they take an end, probably ansah, Jordan or mingo depending if they fall. If they do take an OT or G I'd hope for the best available talent which will probably be fisher or warmack. I personally would love to get fluker in the 2nd round. His passion is so infectious.

Leave a comment:

• BlueReign
    replied
    First round I'd go OL/CB, 2nd DL (DE or DT) and 3rd I'd want to pick up an athletic MLB who can act as a spy when playing RGIII

Leave a comment:

• gmen0820
    replied
    Originally posted by JB456 View Post
    So you believe the offensive line performed well this year? I personally thought it was terrible. They couldn't run block for shat and regardless of the sack total, Eli was under a lot of pressure and almost always seemed to have to get it off in under 3 seconds or take a sack. This team needs to make the offensive line a priority since Eli isn't mobile and this line can't run block.

Just thinking of another year of an aging Diehl makes me want to puke.
    It has nothing to do with the whether the OL played good or bad from my perspective, that isn't what I'm commenting on.

We've won a SB with a worse OL, as recently as last year. With that said, it'd be nice to re-sign Beatty, but he is not the utmost highest priority like some have said. We aren't cornered in by Beatty, or in a position where we have to give in to his demands, and we certainly don't have to waste a whole draft on one unit if we don't get Beatty back.

And for the record, I wasn't necessarily impressed by our OL, but I was far more unimpressed with the play of our WRs which meant balls were being dropped, and man coverage wasn't being consistently beaten as it was in the past. With Nicks coming back healthy, and Cruz either returning with a new deal or a tender, and Randle continuing to develop (and possibly Jernigan, too), I think we'll be fine as an offense moving forward.

Leave a comment:

• drewz
    replied
    If we're gonna take an OL position high in draft, it better at the G position.

Leave a comment:

• myles2424
    replied
    Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    DTs
    1. Star Lotulelei
    2. Sheldon Richardson
    3. John Jenkins
    4. Shariff Floyd
    5. John Hankins
    No short?

Leave a comment:

• TheEnigma
    replied
    Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
    Include DTs, were not exactly well off there..
    DTs
    1. Star Lotulelei
    2. Sheldon Richardson
    3. John Jenkins
    4. Shariff Floyd
    5. John Hankins

Leave a comment:

• Diamondring
    replied
    We now have RGlll in our division and need guys to make him more of a ordinary qb. A good lb would be nice to have for those qbs who are able to move around like rbs or a good fb.

Leave a comment:

• JB456
    replied
    Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Then why were we still top 8 in sacks allowed with only 28 given up?

So why did Eli's interceptions go down from last year?
    So you believe the offensive line performed well this year? I personally thought it was terrible. They couldn't run block for shat and regardless of the sack total, Eli was under a lot of pressure and almost always seemed to have to get it off in under 3 seconds or take a sack. This team needs to make the offensive line a priority since Eli isn't mobile and this line can't run block.

Just thinking of another year of an aging Diehl makes me want to puke.

Leave a comment:

• gmen0820
    replied
    2011 was more willing to take a sack than risk the errant throw being turned into a pick
    Then why were we still top 8 in sacks allowed with only 28 given up?

One more year removed from that, and Eli started throwing early again, just to make sure the ball got out before he would otherwise get sacked.
    So why did Eli's interceptions go down from last year?

Leave a comment:

• Toadofsteel
    replied
    Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Explained renewed willingness to me, are you saying Eli wasn't willing to do that last year?
    In 2010 Eli led the league in picks. He worked on that in the offseason and in 2011 was more willing to take a sack than risk the errant throw being turned into a pick, especially with the then-unsure situation we had at WR (Nicks was banged up, Hixon went down for the season, we didn't yet know what we had in Cruz, and we had signed Brandon freaking Stokley to bolster our WR group).

One more year removed from that, and Eli started throwing early again, just to make sure the ball got out before he would otherwise get sacked.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X