Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TonyT's Mock (Post Bowl, Pre-Combine, Pre-Free Agency)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    I really like Kawaan Short in the 2nd. WOuld make up for the Austin bust.pick. He can really get pressure up the middle and is a BIG man lol. If Q smith can recover from the ACL, he should be on the Giants Radar.
    If Short does at the Combine, what he did at the Senior Bowl.. He'll be a 1st rounder

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
      I really like Kawaan Short in the 2nd. WOuld make up for the Austin bust.pick. He can really get pressure up the middle and is a BIG man lol. If Q smith can recover from the ACL, he should be on the Giants Radar.
      When it comes to Quanterus Smith, I figured he can get a few reps this coming season but mostly benefit from learning behind JPP, Tuck, Kiwi. He can get stronger and let that ACL completely heal--they say you arent 100% till the 2nd yr back from that type of injury, USUALLY.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
        If Short does at the Combine, what he did at the Senior Bowl.. He'll be a 1st rounder
        I agree, the more I think about it, the more that maybe I should have reversed my 1st and 2nd rd picks. But I will give it another shot after the combine, and then again after FA.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
          Ok, I have hemmed and hawed back and forth if I was going to post my mock drafts this year. Ok I am basing most of my picks not only on need, but of value(hopefully). I have seen some of these guys play moreso than others. I have also taken into account other posters info, videos and input etc. when it comes to the pros and cons of draft prospects. And I cant forget to give some credit to the articles from different sports analysts/writers/prognosticators. I have tried to roll all of that into my first post-bowl, pre-combine, pre-free agency amateur mock.

I may have some guys ranked too low or too high, so please feel free to throw the constructive criticism my way. I do appreciate the input. I probably will submit another in a couple days, since I was back and forth on rankings and/or players and positions.

Rd 1. Arthur Brown LB Kansas St
          Rd 2. Kawann Short DT Purdue
          Rd 3. Travis Federick OG/C Wisconsin
          Rd 4. Darius Slay CB Miss St
          Rd 5. Nick Kasa TE Colorado
          Rd 6. Quanterus Smith DE Western KY
          Rd 7. Zac Stacy RB Vandy
          Brown in the first is a bit of a reach and I doubt the Giants pick an ILB in the first under Reese ... ever.

Kawann Short in the second is a solid choice but nothing that will overly excite me (safe pick here).

I don't see the Giants taking an OC/C prospect before a CB in the draft. Especially when OT is more of a need (depending on what happens with Boothe, and where Petrus is on the depth chart).

Solid choices the rest of the way.

This draft wouldn't excite me, but it also wouldn't have me shaking my head (ala the 49ers first pick last year).
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
            Ok, I have hemmed and hawed back and forth if I was going to post my mock drafts this year. Ok I am basing most of my picks not only on need, but of value(hopefully). I have seen some of these guys play moreso than others. I have also taken into account other posters info, videos and input etc. when it comes to the pros and cons of draft prospects. And I cant forget to give some credit to the articles from different sports analysts/writers/prognosticators. I have tried to roll all of that into my first post-bowl, pre-combine, pre-free agency amateur mock.

I may have some guys ranked too low or too high, so please feel free to throw the constructive criticism my way. I do appreciate the input. I probably will submit another in a couple days, since I was back and forth on rankings and/or players and positions.

Rd 1. Arthur Brown LB Kansas St
            Rd 2. Kawann Short DT Purdue
            Rd 3. Travis Federick OG/C Wisconsin
            Rd 4. Darius Slay CB Miss St
            Rd 5. Nick Kasa TE Colorado
            Rd 6. Quanterus Smith DE Western KY
            Rd 7. Zac Stacy RB Vandy
            Solid draft for sure! Brown although is mostly projected later I have 0 problems with him in the first. We could use a fast LB like that for RG3 and all the the leagues evolving offenses. Quanterus Smith could be an absolute steal, 2 and 7th are nice picks as well man
            sigpic
            S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
            6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
              Solid draft for sure! Brown although is mostly projected later I have 0 problems with him in the first. We could use a fast LB like that for RG3 and all the the leagues evolving offenses. Quanterus Smith could be an absolute steal, 2 and 7th are nice picks as well man
              Yes I think Brown definitely would be the type of LB that would help our D with the pistol and read option offenses. Now granted 19 may be a tad high for him. But who knows how Reese and company will have him ranked after the combine and pro days.

Quanterus Smith needs to pack on a few lbs to play the 4-3 DE in the pros. But there would be no rush to get him on the field. Let the ACL fully heal, and learn behind our current DEs. Who knows, maybe some other team takes a chance on him in the 5th rd.

Comment

Yeah I like Brown and who knows how JR and the rest of the giants war room rate players. Last year almost eveyone had Doug Martin above Wilson and JR said if Tampa would have no picked him they still would have went with Wilson. I think Reese kind of likes freak athletes but have real promise with them. Not full blown Raiders Syndrome lol but JPP Wilson A.Robinson etc. it would be interesting to see what their board looks like in comparison to some of our rankings.
                sigpic
                S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

You did take one interior lineman, but no tackles?

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Hey what about, Tharold Simon in the forth? I haven't heard much of of Darius Clay, only that he played along Banks, but Simon is a big corner, physical, but lacks ability with his hands in press coverage.

I like the rest of the picks! Unlike most people I think the Brown will rise significantly with the combine, and the value will be there at 19. We could also pick Ansah, I just think that Brown is more of an instant impact.

Comment

Working...
                    X