Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Final Mock before Draft Day, which is fast approaching..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Final Mock before Draft Day, which is fast approaching..

    1). Bjorn Werner DE Florida St.- Staying with my biggest hopeful here.. A powerful end, who plays with a relentless motor and has some upside as he learns the game more and more, and would be a perfect SDE opposite JPP for yrs to come..

    2). Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers- Physical player, who is highly instinctive and speedy, and can cover as well, as he was a former Safety, and was ridicuously productive for RU, amassing a amazing 136tackles this past season. Our LB core needs a shot of talent..

    3). Brennan Williams OT North Carolina- Williams has 1st rd potential, but falls to 3rd rd due to injury concerns over a torn labrum he got this past season.. WIlliams was really run blocking well for Giovanni Bernard last yr and this past season before the injury, and has long arms and a good looking frame for a RT, and could really challenge James Brewer for the starting RT positon..

    4). Brian Winters OT/G Kent St- One of my fave lineman in this draft, he offers versatility and was flat out dominant for kent st this past season, in the run and pass game.. Moves very well for a big man, and should be a perfect fit on the interior of our oline..

    5). Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina- I doubt he falls this far, but if he does , i hope we pounce.. He'd be a brilliant complement to David Wilson, and add a power dimension to wilson's speed and shiftiness...

    6). Earl Wolff S North Carolina St- A heady team leader, who can cover and defend the run.. Very underrated at North Carolina St, playing in the shadow of David Amerson, but like Darius Slay with Jon Banks, very good in his own right...

    7). Chris Jones DT Bowling Green- Very productive interior pass rusher, who could be a beast in a rotation , coming in on pass downs, and maybe offer even more down the line...

    7). Zach Sudfeld TE Nevada- I love this kid.. Hes got good size, his a great redzone target for ELI, and has soft hands.. Had a few injury issues at Nevada, or he'd probably be going higher then this.. Could add a few more lbs to his frame down the line...

  • #2
    I like it.

    Williams is a guy who seems like he could provide great value in the 3rd. Will he be there?

    P.S. I could really challenge Brewer for the starting RT job!

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm on board with the 1st 2 picks, Big Time.. Lots of o-line help with Williams & Winters

      I'm a Wolff fan myself, great mock

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice solid mock.
        2017 Mock Draft

        1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
        2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
        3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
        4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
        5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
        6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
        7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
          I like it.

          Williams is a guy who seems like he could provide great value in the 3rd. Will he be there?

          P.S. I could really challenge Brewer for the starting RT job!
          lol.. Brewer was actually the guy i wanted in RD4 the yr we got em, and i knew then, it was gonna be a couple yrs before we started seeing anything outta the invetment, so i'm not completely done hoping hes are guy, but we need depth regardless, and lettting Williams and Brewer battle it out, would make for a nice battle this summer and preseason..

          I'm not sure if Williams will be there in the 3rd, but i hope he is.. He reminds me a bit of a young Kareem McKenzie...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
            I'm on board with the 1st 2 picks, Big Time.. Lots of o-line help with Williams & Winters

            I'm a Wolff fan myself, great mock
            thanks.. Ya, Wolff is a nice mid to late rder, but i think many teams will show intrest.. The guy was a tackle machine, team leader, and can do both, cover and defend the run.. I never understood why he wasen't more of a 3rd rd type personally...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sean Montemayor View Post
              Nice solid mock.
              Thank u sir...

              Comment


              • #8
                Good mock but Lattimore ain't falling that far.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                  thanks.. Ya, Wolff is a nice mid to late rder, but i think many teams will show intrest.. The guy was a tackle machine, team leader, and can do both, cover and defend the run.. I never understood why he wasen't more of a 3rd rd type personally...
                  I had Wolff in my mock in the 6th also.. great value there

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
                    Good mock but Lattimore ain't falling that far.
                    Unfortunetly i think ur probably correct.. I've seen him as high as RD5, so i put em there, but i agree, i doubt it..


                    Well, put Brandon McGee CB Miami there if u like... That would of been my alternate pick..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I like everything but the 3rd pick.

                      I think we'd go CB at that point instead of double dipping on the Oline ... don't forget we have a bajillion OTs on the team currently.

                      Otherwise excellent mock (now we just need Werner to fall that low).
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                        1). Bjorn Werner DE Florida St.- Staying with my biggest hopeful here.. A powerful end, who plays with a relentless motor and has some upside as he learns the game more and more, and would be a perfect SDE opposite JPP for yrs to come..

                        2). Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers- Physical player, who is highly instinctive and speedy, and can cover as well, as he was a former Safety, and was ridicuously productive for RU, amassing a amazing 136tackles this past season. Our LB core needs a shot of talent..

                        3). Brennan Williams OT North Carolina- Williams has 1st rd potential, but falls to 3rd rd due to injury concerns over a torn labrum he got this past season.. WIlliams was really run blocking well for Giovanni Bernard last yr and this past season before the injury, and has long arms and a good looking frame for a RT, and could really challenge James Brewer for the starting RT positon..

                        4). Brian Winters OT/G Kent St- One of my fave lineman in this draft, he offers versatility and was flat out dominant for kent st this past season, in the run and pass game.. Moves very well for a big man, and should be a perfect fit on the interior of our oline..

                        5). Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina- I doubt he falls this far, but if he does , i hope we pounce.. He'd be a brilliant complement to David Wilson, and add a power dimension to wilson's speed and shiftiness...

                        6). Earl Wolff S North Carolina St- A heady team leader, who can cover and defend the run.. Very underrated at North Carolina St, playing in the shadow of David Amerson, but like Darius Slay with Jon Banks, very good in his own right...

                        7). Chris Jones DT Bowling Green- Very productive interior pass rusher, who could be a beast in a rotation , coming in on pass downs, and maybe offer even more down the line...

                        7). Zach Sudfeld TE Nevada- I love this kid.. Hes got good size, his a great redzone target for ELI, and has soft hands.. Had a few injury issues at Nevada, or he'd probably be going higher then this.. Could add a few more lbs to his frame down the line...
                        Solid gold .
                        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                          1). Bjorn Werner DE Florida St.- Staying with my biggest hopeful here.. A powerful end, who plays with a relentless motor and has some upside as he learns the game more and more, and would be a perfect SDE opposite JPP for yrs to come..

                          2). Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers- Physical player, who is highly instinctive and speedy, and can cover as well, as he was a former Safety, and was ridicuously productive for RU, amassing a amazing 136tackles this past season. Our LB core needs a shot of talent..

                          3). Brennan Williams OT North Carolina- Williams has 1st rd potential, but falls to 3rd rd due to injury concerns over a torn labrum he got this past season.. WIlliams was really run blocking well for Giovanni Bernard last yr and this past season before the injury, and has long arms and a good looking frame for a RT, and could really challenge James Brewer for the starting RT positon..

                          4). Brian Winters OT/G Kent St- One of my fave lineman in this draft, he offers versatility and was flat out dominant for kent st this past season, in the run and pass game.. Moves very well for a big man, and should be a perfect fit on the interior of our oline..

                          5). Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina- I doubt he falls this far, but if he does , i hope we pounce.. He'd be a brilliant complement to David Wilson, and add a power dimension to wilson's speed and shiftiness...

                          6). Earl Wolff S North Carolina St- A heady team leader, who can cover and defend the run.. Very underrated at North Carolina St, playing in the shadow of David Amerson, but like Darius Slay with Jon Banks, very good in his own right...

                          7). Chris Jones DT Bowling Green- Very productive interior pass rusher, who could be a beast in a rotation , coming in on pass downs, and maybe offer even more down the line...

                          7). Zach Sudfeld TE Nevada- I love this kid.. Hes got good size, his a great redzone target for ELI, and has soft hands.. Had a few injury issues at Nevada, or he'd probably be going higher then this.. Could add a few more lbs to his frame down the line...

                          Surprised you didn't throw in a Jamar Taylor or Jordan Poyer..could use another CB...i'da switched up instead of the two OT's, possibly considered a Micah Hyde or if your not going CB, why not that Ty Powell guy?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
                            Surprised you didn't throw in a Jamar Taylor or Jordan Poyer..could use another CB...i'da switched up instead of the two OT's, possibly considered a Micah Hyde or if your not going CB, why not that Ty Powell guy?
                            As much as i agree , that we need a CB , its not as much for this yr, as it is, for going forward, and to be honest, maybe Hosley ends up more then a nickel corner, which will be more apparent after this season, and we still have Ross and Webster to fill out the other side, opposite Prince, and a sleeper in Terrell Thomas as well.. I thought about it, and even though i have no issue going CB in any rd, i thought this was the correct way to go.. Getting 2 Impact defenders right outta gates in Werner and Greene , following it up with a Kareem Mckenzie type value pick with Brennan Williams, and then going wit a versatile Olineamn that will most likely be a G in the pros, but has T expierence and in a pinch can slide outside, should solitify the oline, and will definetly give James Brewer some competiton, and then i felt if Lattimore is there mid 5th, the values to good to pass up, and Wolff can cover and defend the run, and Jones helps interior pass rush, to go with Werner at End, and Sudfeld offers some depth at TE, and maybe moer down the line, and is another pass catcher and redzone threat for ELI...

                            Giants could go so many diffrent ways, and when thats the case, ur gonna have a tough time filling every single need that seems to be there, which u don't havfe to do anyways.. Lets not forget theres another draft next yr, and undrafted free agents as well..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                              Solid gold .
                              Not platinum??lol j/k! Thanks bro!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X