Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

49ers 2010 Draft ... Could the Giants Learn Something?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Yea, i remember Mangold and D'Brick...that draft helped the Jets gets to the superbowl and made them a playoff team for a while, even when they lost Kareem Mc Kenzie. I thought Shonn Greenes rookie year was phenonmenal one of the best, he was never quite the same. You could say New England tried that route as well, with Nate Solder, he's worked out, looks good at LT, even Indy with Anthony Castanzo.
    The Jets went to the Super Bowl this millennium?!
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
      The Jets went to the Super Bowl this millennium?!
      I think he meant something like one game short of the SB two years in a row.
      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post

However, arguably you could say that those picks have produced the change in the offense needed to elevate the 49ers to the Super Bowl contenders that they are now (coaching aside for the moment).
        Thats what you have to do when you need your offensive foundation to be the running game, because they had very poor QB play.

Same as the Jets dumping multiple high picks into their OL.

Now compare that to the Colts with Manning, or the Saints with Brees. Both got to the SB with no high draft picks on the OL (maybe 1 here or there)

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
          Thats what you have to do when you need your offensive foundation to be the running game, because they had very poor QB play.

Same as the Jets dumping multiple high picks into their OL.

Now compare that to the Colts with Manning, or the Saints with Brees. Both got to the SB with no high draft picks on the OL (maybe 1 here or there)
          That's true .... however our most dominant team was also when our Oline was the most dominant (2008).

Super Bowl victories aside, we're at our strongest when our OL is at its strongest (offensively).

That and we've seen collapses from both the Colts and Saints due specifically to neglecting their lines (both offensive and defensive).
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Working...
          X