Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleacher Report's Updated 2018 Mock Draft

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...regular-season

It has us taking Darnold at #3 after Cleveland takes Rosen #1.

Anybody have any strong opinions about this (either for or against Darnold)? Any preferences over Darnold (assuming Rosen is already gone)?

I found it interesting that they have Josh Allen of Wyoming going immediately after us at #4 to Denver. Seems to be a lot of buzz around him, despite the shoulder injury this season.

I heard a scout on a sports talk show, back in August. His comment was:
    That come April J. Allen would be the first QB taken in the draft.
    I have never seen him play.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post

Yeah, Adam Schefter said something similar this past spring. I haven't had a chance to see him play, either...but, I've heard and read good things about him. Definitely worth a look.

Comment

I still don't get the Rosen and darnold love. There's prob 4 qbs I'd take over them. Rudolph, Allen, Falk and Mayfield. Lots of qb options for the Giants, if they go that way.

Allen is pretty good...athletic, strong arm, probably the most raw qb though. But prob the best athletic traits.

Comment

Darnold looks awful. Give me Jackson or Rosen.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post

IMO:

Would not touch Allen before round 5
            He needs another Year in the NCAA

He is 630 attempts for 354 completion sub 60%

He has not had enough throws to make a educated guess on what he is as a passer with a a low completion %

In fact non of the QB's in this class have the numbers of the 3 QBs in the 04 class or Goff or Wentz had when they were drafted,

I don't think any of them are ready. The only one that may be worthy of a 1st round pick is Darnold The rest are later round picks.
            Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Darnold looked like he was the next Luck last year, but now looks more like a typical USC QB, ala Mark Sanchez or Matt Leinhart. He is turning the ball over way too much (19 TOs is tops in college) and can't seem to read zone defenses.

Mayfield is fileting every defense he faces yet isn't getting the love. Not sure why. People must just think it's all system at OK

Haven't seen Allen enough to judge.
              Last edited by TheAnalyst; 11-28-2017, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                Darnold looked like he was the next Luck last year, but now looks more like a typical USC QB, ala Mark Sanchez or Matt Leinhart.
                Nooo...no more butt fumbles at Met Life, please.

Comment

If Barkley is still there at #3 I'd take him. Mayfield will be there in the 2nd, and he's the best QB in this class.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantFromTheOz View Post
                    If Barkley is still there at #3 I'd take him. Mayfield will be there in the 2nd, and he's the best QB in this class.
                    Well, the pundits seem to disagree with you on both fronts (that Baker Mayfield is the best QB and that he'll still be there in the 2nd).

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post
                      Darnold looks awful. Give me Jackson or Rosen.
                      No, did you watch the pac 12 championship game?

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                        Darnold looked like he was the next Luck last year, but now looks more like a typical USC QB, ala Mark Sanchez or Matt Leinhart. He is turning the ball over way too much (19 TOs is tops in college) and can't seem to read zone defenses.

Mayfield is fileting every defense he faces yet isn't getting the love. Not sure why. People must just think it's all system at OK

Haven't seen Allen enough to judge.
                        Probably size.
                        Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Rosen is the best of them.Unfortunately it seens like he is an ******* and might be injury prone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fvital92 View Post
                            Rosen is the best of them.Unfortunately it seens like he is an ******* and might be injury prone.
                            My mother took care of one of Roger Staubauch's kids as a newborn in the nursery. She said Roger was one of the most arrogant, unpleasant people she had ever met. But he was a great quarterback.

I don't think we don't get Rosen 'cuz he may be a jerk...I think we don't get Rosen 'cuz Cleveland will draft him ahead of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Elidagoat713 View Post

No, did you watch the pac 12 championship game?
                              Did you watch the entire season? He wasn't that good.

Comment

Working...
                              X