NY Giants Mock Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Giants Mock Draft

I thought my last mock draft would be final but Of late i have been feeling a little different about where we should try to aim and what for in this draft. I hope you guys like this scenario.

Round 1-Taylor Lewan- I think he is a player much higher on the Giants board then the people on this board think. Tackle is a position that is hugely reached on every draft and i think this player would not be one. He is compared to Jake Long in many ways. He would be a great addition to add to our improving O-line. his focus can be questionable but he is a light footed lineman who has strength . He also is a huge player who could make space for one of the struggling run games in the NFL.

Round 2- Trent Murphy- Has room to add mass,fluid hips, quick twitch athlete off the ball, good explosion, uses hands well. He is a smart high motor player who can locate the ball well. His only negative in my opinion is his relatively "small size " which could show him to be a tweener. Good run and pass defender. He is 6'5 250 lbs. Stats= 14 sacks 58 tackles

Round 3-Cj Fiedorowicz-My favorite TE in this draft. Has impressive speed for a huge man, can block very well. ran a tenth of a second slower than Ebron. Good body control and soft hands.Very Versatile. He is a can't miss player in my opinion. I think he will outplay ebron and ASJ if he goes to the right team. Why not giants?

Round 4-Walt Aikens CB Liberty
    STRENGTHS: Boasts a tapered, athletic build with long arms (32 1/4") and good overall muscle definition. Light feet and loose hips give him the fluidity to handle coverage responsibilities. Asked to play press-man and off-man often for the Flames, showing the athleticism and confidence to handle either role.
    Gets an initial jam on the receiver when in press, turning and running with receivers fluidly. Good patience when off or zone but keeps his eyes peeled on the quarterbacks and has a quick burst to close on the ball. Good (perhaps not great) straight-line speed down the sideline, but accelerates smoothly and has a second gear, when necessary.

Highly competitive in run support. Aggressively fights through blocks, extending his arms to initial contact with receivers and is willing to sacrifice his body to knock ball-carriers to the ground. Sound drag-down tackler who rips at the ball. Good vision to set up blocks with the ball in his hands.

-CBS SPORTS
    *main weakness was speed but he ran a 4.49 and i think thats fine for a loose hips and light feet player who is versatile and full of potential,not to mention can play safety and is a great tackler (60) last year
    Impressed at the Senior Bowl with his confidence, quickly proving that he belonged on the same field.

Round 5-Jeff Janis- Everyone loves Lattimer's size and speed combo, why not take a player who has the same ability almost identical actually but has shown way more production on the field?

Round 5-Shamar Stephen DT Uconn- 67 tackles and 3 sacks for a run stopping DT is promising. He is huge with great powerful legs and a broad body. He is a run stop presence who can work in a pass rush with his good handwork.
    I will finish this later , hope you like it this far

Sorry for the inconveninence of this mock not being finished school has me very busy
    Last edited by BigBlueBeatsU; 04-09-2014, 09:22 PM.

not liking this draft besides the lewan pick... and you have no one in the 4th or the 2nd 5th round compensatory pick or 6th??
    NYG Til I Die... Even Tatted in "Big Blue" Blood

Is it football season yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
      I thought my last mock draft would be final but Of late i have been feeling a little different about where we should try to aim and what for in this draft. I hope you guys like this scenario.

Round 1-Taylor Lewan- I think he is a player much higher on the Giants board then the people on this board think. Tackle is a position that is hugely reached on every draft and i think this player would not be one. He is compared to Jake Long in many ways. He would be a great addition to add to our improving O-line. his focus can be questionable but he is a light footed lineman who has strength . He also is a huge player who could make space for one of the struggling run games in the NFL.

Round 2- Trent Murphy- Has room to add mass,fluid hips, quick twitch athlete off the ball, good explosion, uses hands well. He is a smart high motor player who can locate the ball well. His only negative in my opinion is his relatively "small size " which could show him to be a tweener. Good run and pass defender. He is 6'5 250 lbs. Stats= 14 sacks 58 tackles

Round 3-Cj Fiedorowicz-My favorite TE in this draft. Has impressive speed for a huge man, can block very well. ran a tenth of a second slower than Ebron. Good body control and soft hands.Very Versatile. He is a can't miss player in my opinion. I think he will outplay ebron and ASJ if he goes to the right team. Why not giants?

Round 4-

Round 5-Jeff Janis- Everyone loves Lattimer's size and speed combo, why not take a player who has the same ability almost identical actually but has shown way more production on the field?

I will finish this later , hope you like it this far
      I think we're going to take Zach Martin in the first but wouldn't mind Lewan. I think we go Dee Ford in the second but wouldn't mind Murphy. I like CJ as well as Janis. So far you have a good one going. I have J Matthews in the 3rd and CJ in the 4th

Comment

Give it an I.....for Incomplete

Comment

not anymore lol

Comment

Don't really like Trent Murphy, I believe that there much better players with better physical abilities and upside in the second round. Plus this DE class is not good, even Ealy I believe is not close to being a top-15/20 pick.

Like the rest though

Comment

I'm OK with it...

Comment

I dont hate your mock but I think we we can better suit our needs.

Here are three different Mocks. Each one changes depending upon the availability of the first round pick.

Round 1 - Mike Evans* WR 6'4" 231 Texas A&M
                Round 2 - Marcus Martin* OC 6'3⅜" 320 USC
                Round 3 - Kelcy Quarles* DT 6'3" 297 South Carolina
                Round 4 - C.J. Fiedorowicz TE 6'5" 265 Iowa
                Round 5 - Ed Stinson DE 6'3" 287 Alabama
                Round 5 - Shayne Skov ILB 6'2" 245 Stanford
                Round 6 - Terrance West RB 5'9" 225 Towson

As far as line help I think we need someone who can play center as Walton is our only center and he is a quesiton mark who has not played in years.

If Evans is taken before we hit the clock then I like the following:

Round 1 - Taylor Lewan OT 6'7⅛" 309 Michigan
                Round 2 - Kelvin Benjamin* WR 6'5" 240 Florida State

And Lastly if both Evans and Lewan are taken when we hit the clock:

Round 1 - Aaron Donald DT 6'0" 285 Pittsburgh
                Round 2 - Kelvin Benjamin* WR 6'5" 240 Florida State
                Round 3 - Russell Bodine* OC 6'3⅛" 310 North Carolina

What do you guys think? Any changes you would like to see? As with most mocks, everything past round 3 is a shot in the dark but I think I covered some of our needs with project talent.
                Latest Mock:

Round 1 - Mike Evans* WR 6'4" 231 Texas A&M
                Round 2 - Marcus Martin* OC 6'3⅜" 320 USC

Comment

West wont last tile the 6th i think , he has been rumored for the 2nd or 3rd round many Gms think he is the best rb this year. I would like your analysis for why you made the picks.

Comment

Would be shocked if we drafted a low-life like Lewan

Comment

Skov won't last till the fifth. Lots of teams searching for there MLB of the future. Skov is a very talented LB. 2nd-3rd round talent.

Comment

I like all three of these. great ideas. as for the one that makes the most sense, I think it's your third pick with Aaron Donald in the first round. When I keep looking at all these mock drafts, what stands out to me is that you can only get a DT that you are confident will stick with the team and contribute immediately in the first round. Everyone else is a bit of a project at DT. Not a lot of real depth at the position this year. As for decent pass-rushers, you can get a good one in the second or a sleeper in the third (NC's Martin), but the Gmen solve a huge issue with donald--a DT and a pass-rusher with their first pick of the draft. From there, the game seems to be to pick up two offensive linemen, which I think they will use two of their top 4 picks on, and then take a flier on skill position players at WR, RB, and TE. Here's what I put together:

1) Aaron Donald, DT Pitt
                        2) Jawuan James, OT Tennessee
                        3) Cody Latimer, WR Indiana
                        4) Bryan Stork, C Florida State
                        5) Isaiah Crowell, RB Alabama State
                        5-supplemental) Marion Grice, RB Arizona State
                        6) Colt Lyerla, TE Oregon

I think the Gmen may actually go with offensive linemen with their second and third round picks, but this is my best guess as to how things play out. There will really be some great running backs and maybe an upside tight end or two available at the end of the draft, so that's why I stuck those guys in there. Wide receiver is a deep position also, but I couldn't dig up as many great WRs in the 5th round as I could with the running backs available. Interested to seee what people think here.

Comment

I just think that the Giants will pick the best player available, between OL, WR, DL and LB. I've seen in some mock drafts Eric Ebron's name, but I can't see the Tom Coughlin's Giants drafting a TE in a 12th overall! If Mike Evans' still available on Giant's turn, no doubt that he will wear blue this year!

Comment

Working...
                          X