• pre-combine mock

rd 1 - Jonathan Martin - OT - Stanford
    rd 2 - Travis Lewis - OLB - Oklahoma
    rd 3 - Cliff Harris - CB - Oregon
    rd 4 - DaJohn Harris - DT - USC
    rd 5 - Tramain Thomas - FS - Arkansas
    rd 6 - Nick Provo - TE - Syracuse
    rd 7 - Donte Paige Moss- DE - UNC

When we figure out the compensatory picks Ill add those.

Re: pre-combine mock

[quote user="slipknottin"]rd 1 - Jonathan Martin - OT - Stanford

When we figure out the compensatory picks Ill add those.[/quote]

Do you think Martin will fall that far? He seems like a definite top 15 guy. I would love this draft.

Comment

[quote user="CGYgiant"]

Do you think Martin will fall that far? He seems like a definite top 15 guy. I would love this draft.[/quote]

He could be, OTs always go early.
      That 2nd tier of guys still need to be sorted out over the next couple months. An OT like Zebrie Sanders or Mike Adams could potentially end up as a late 1st round pick for the giants too and have some nice value.

Comment

I want a pass catching running back in this draft somewhere in the midrounds

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]rd 1 - Jonathan Martin - OT - Stanford

When we figure out the compensatory picks Ill add those.[/quote]
          I live in oregon and i am a big duck fan and would love to see cliff harris drafted bye the giants. because he is so talented. but there is a little voice telling me that he is a problem. that withen a few years he will have failed lots of drug test and been a locker room distraction.

Comment

[quote user="lawl"]I want a pass catching running back in this draft somewhere in the midrounds[/quote]

Giants should have a couple comp picks from losing Smith, Boss, and Cofield.

Comment

[quote user="pheonix73"]
              I live in oregon and i am a big duck fan and would love to see cliff harris drafted bye the giants. because he is so talented. but there is a little voice telling me that he is a problem. that withen a few years he will have failed lots of drug test and been a locker room distraction.[/quote]

Cant argue against that. But mid round pick, you dont have a lot tied up in him, he starts being a problem, just have him pack his bags.

Comment

That would be an absolutely fantastic draft, however I don't see martin falling that far. He's pretty much a sure fire top fifteen pick.

Comment

[quote user="BluGiantPies"]That would be an absolutely fantastic draft, however I don't see martin falling that far. He's pretty much a sure fire top fifteen pick.[/quote]

well crap, didnt expect we would be picking so late in the first, lol.

hopefully we are picking at 32.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]That would be an absolutely fantastic draft, however I don't see martin falling that far. He's pretty much a sure fire top fifteen pick.[/quote]

hopefully we are picking at 32.[/quote]

Solution: Replace the OT with Mark Barron (S, Alabama). Prototypical Giants DB.

If we get 4th and 5th round comp picks, package our natural 4th and 5th round picks together and trade for somebody's 3rd, and draft Doug Martin (RB, Boise St.) He's going to be the next Ray Rice/MJD, and he's an electric kick returner (averaged 35 yards per return IIRC, and got a TD on a return in their bowl game this year).

You also need to include an athletic freak diamond in the rough from USF that nobody expects the Giants to pick. That's always important.

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]That would be an absolutely fantastic draft, however I don't see martin falling that far. He's pretty much a sure fire top fifteen pick.[/quote]

hopefully we are picking at 32.[/quote]

Solution: Replace the OT with Mark Barron (S, Alabama). Prototypical Giants DB.

If we get 4th and 5th round comp picks, package our natural 4th and 5th round picks together and trade for somebody's 3rd, and draft Doug Martin (RB, Boise St.) He's going to be the next Ray Rice/MJD, and he's an electric kick returner (averaged 35 yards per return IIRC, and got a TD on a return in their bowl game this year).

You also need to include an athletic freak diamond in the rough from USF that nobody expects the Giants to pick. That's always important.
                      [/quote] doesn't Barron have some coverage issues?

Comment

Harris is a bit of a reach in the 3rd there with his size, I wouldn't touch him before the 4th. And Moss is excellent value there but I doubt he lasts that long, I have the 49ers taking him in the 5th. Martin makes sense though.

Comment

I would be happy with that draft. It would add depth and give us a young tackle to develop.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="CGYgiant"]

Do you think Martin will fall that far? He seems like a definite top 15 guy. I would love this draft.[/quote]

He could be, OTs always go early.
                            That 2nd tier of guys still need to be sorted out over the next couple months. An OT like Zebrie Sanders or Mike Adams could potentially end up as a late 1st round pick for the giants too and have some nice value.[/quote]

Martin and Adams are both strictly OLTs though (which we don't need atm) and I highly doubt Martin is available at #32. Even Adams will probably be gone by then.

Wouldn't Zebrie Sanders make more sense (he's played both and is arguably better at ORT) if we're going OT to replace McKenzie?

I like your pick on Travis Lewis. I'm not sure we go LB that high, but I'd love this pick if we did.

Wouldn't Josh Norman be closer to (and an upgrade at) what the Giants look for in CB over Cliff Harris?

The others I'm still sorting through.
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

He was 8th in the country in interceptions and 2nd in the country in passes defended in his first year as a starter. Seems like pretty good coverage. I do seem to recall him playing more like a CB in the Texas/Alabama championship game and getting beat a couple times though. One thing I can say for him is he is responsible for the greatest pass break up I have ever seen.

http://www.kingsofthequad.com/2010/0...rpe-watch.html

If you can find that play in real time, watch it. It was insane.

Comment

Working...
                              X