Offseason Plan (Free Agency and Draft) 1.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEM View Post
    Yes they can upwards of 30% of cap space on D line in not new.
    I'll love to see a few examples of teams with over 30% of their cap being on 4 d lineman

Comment

Originally posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
      I'll love to see a few examples of teams with over 30% of their cap being on 4 d lineman
      http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...003-story.html
      Last edited by TEM; 02-08-2017, 11:47 PM.
      The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        It would seem odd to sign Whitworth since all our free agent signing last year were younger players. It's one thing to guarantee big money to a 26 year old, quite another to do it for a 35 year old.

I personally don't see it, not for him or even going after Staley.
        Typical Age-ism from Morehead, smh
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
          Typical Age-ism from Morehead, smh
          I guess it's my "self loathing" nature Kase.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

If we don't sign Hankins OR JPP we will have quite a lot of money to spend this offseason

Personally I would like us to:

-Sign Whitworth, LT
            -Sign Ricky Wagner, RT
            -Move Flowers to RG (where his deficiencies will be mitigated between Richburg and Wagner)
            Re-sign: Hankins, Newhouse, Herzlich, DeOssie, Gould, Wynn, and Darkwa

Draft
            1st- OJ Howard, TE, Bama
            2nd- DeMarcus Walker, DE, FSU

OR if we sign JPP over Hankins

1st- Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
            2nd- Evan Engram, TE, Miss

Keep the same picks in rounds 3-6
            3rd-- Antonio Garcia, LT, Troy
            4th- D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas
            5th- Davon Godchaux, DT, LSU
            6th- Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado
            7th- Tedric Thompson, S, Colorado
            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              I guess it's my "self loathing" nature Kase.
              Well you are a self loathing liberalcrat, LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                If we don't sign Hankins OR JPP we will have quite a lot of money to spend this offseason

Personally I would like us to:

-Sign Whitworth, LT
                -Sign Ricky Wagner, RT
                -Move Flowers to RG (where his deficiencies will be mitigated between Richburg and Wagner)
                Re-sign: Hankins, Newhouse, Herzlich, DeOssie, Gould, Wynn, and Darkwa

Draft
                1st- OJ Howard, TE, Bama
                2nd- DeMarcus Walker, DE, FSU

OR if we sign JPP over Hankins

1st- Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
                2nd- Evan Engram, TE, Miss

Keep the same picks in rounds 3-6
                3rd-- Antonio Garcia, LT, Troy
                4th- D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas
                5th- Davon Godchaux, DT, LSU
                6th- Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado
                7th- Tedric Thompson, S, Colorado
                This would be nice as well. We still would need some corner depth, though. But yeah, I just like the idea of getting a few OL pieces instead of JPP. I love JPP. I really do. I just think the writing on the wall was when we signed OV to that contract.

Comment

I'm not saying no team does it. My point was that its not incredibly common. I would think the bengals, texans, maybe broncos (last year) are in that group. I just think overall committing that much to a position group is unnecessary. Also, given our current cap if we were to cut Cruz, Jennings, and JT Thomas we could probably afford to keep JPP and Hankins and a few other role players but not improve the team anywhere else. The way the salary cap works in the NFL these days its hard to have a powerhouse team on both sides of the ball. I think it would be more conducive to take a knock on our DL (which played fine without JPP as well) and improve our offensive line a lot, which will help control the clock better and keep the defense off the field by hopefully running the ball more.

Comment

some things id like to see:

go hard after Withworth. will solidify the line, maybe could help Flowers to if they decide to switch him to RT.

sign another guard

sign a TE. Jack Doyle showed promise and would be pretty cheap

sign a DL. i dont think we pay JPP the money he wants and Hankins might be out too. Okwara showed promise though so thats a good sign.

1st round, draft RB Mcaffrey if available. could be for us what Tyreek Hill is for KC. 1-2 punch with Perkins and him would help offense could take the pressure off Eli, Odell and co.

2nd round, draft a TE. heard Gerald Evertte was on giants watch list.

3rd-DT will be a need.
                    Last edited by nygfan0816; 02-10-2017, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
                      This would be nice as well. We still would need some corner depth, though. But yeah, I just like the idea of getting a few OL pieces instead of JPP. I love JPP. I really do. I just think the writing on the wall was when we signed OV to that contract.
                      Agreed

We need another CB, DRC isn't gonna play forever and in this state of the game, teams need 3 quality cbs

I also REALLY like JPP, bUT if he wants 18mil per year, thats too much. I'd rather take that 1 8mil we would spend on him and get 2 OL, and draft a De

Comment

Working...
                      X