Mock #2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock #2

Here is my second attempt at a mock. After today's events, I think we bring back JPP. I also think we will have enough to bring in a LT as well. Maybe not Whitworth but I believe that both Jason Peters and Branden Albert will be released. Either one of them will suffice. I also see us bringing in a veteran G to compete with Hart and a draft pick at RG.

Round 1. David Njoku - TE Miami - Howard is my top guy in this draft, but I don't think he gets to our pick. With that said, I also really love Njokus game. He is a top level athlete at the TE position with room to grow still. He is an average inline blocker at this point but gives the effort and will get better as he grows. He has the upside to be a Pro Bowl level TE.

Round 2. JuJu Smith Schuster - WR USC - This is a player who was thought of as a future top 20 player a year and a half ago. He is not a top level athlete and that seems to be why he has dropped but I see a bit of Hakeem Nicks in him. Excellent compliment to Odell and Shep.

Round 3. Nico Siragusa - OG San Diego State - Big nasty mauling OG prospect that can start right away at RG. Excels in the run game but also pretty adept pass blocker as well.

Round 4. Tanzel Smart - DT Tulane - Classic 3T DT that excels in the interior pass rush. Will form a platoon with Bromley to replace Hankins.

Round 5. James Conner - RB Pittsburgh - Conner is the bruising RB to compliment Perkins and give us a nice 1-2 punch back there. Quality person and team captain which is something the Giants love.

Round 6. Jalen Myrick - CB Minnesota - Myrick is a nice slot CB who is also a very good special teamer. We will need better depth and also insurance if DRC leaves after the 2017 season.

Round 7. Paul Magloire - OLB Arizona - Speedy WLB type that would be a core special teamer. Also could be a nickel LB down the road. Compares to Jacquain Williams.

This draft loads us with young offensive talent to go with what we already have. We get a starting RG for the present and future and valuable reserves that can start down the road. The thought of Odell, Shep, Juju and Njoku in our passing game is salivating.

I'll have a heart attack if we get these guys in the draft, and i'm still pretty young.

BTW, how do these TEs compare with Ebron?

Comment

Depending on what we do in free agency, this could be a really solid draft.

Comment

-I'm still not a fan of a TE in the first
        -Would do cart wheels with Smith Schuster in the 2nd
        -Any mock with us going O-line in the first 3 picks i'm on board with
        -Smart and Conner would be great picks
        -If we are taking a late CB I would rather take Des Lawrence-North Carolina.
        -I don't know anything about Magloire but his measurables are really small to me for an NFL linebacker. Would rather Brandon Bell out of Penn State if we are hoping to catch lightning in a bottle in the 7th on a LB.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
          I'll have a heart attack if we get these guys in the draft, and i'm still pretty young.

BTW, how do these TEs compare with Ebron?
          Njoku has a much higher upside than Ebron and is a better blocker than Ebron was coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
            -I'm still not a fan of a TE in the first
            -Would do cart wheels with Smith Schuster in the 2nd
            -Any mock with us going O-line in the first 3 picks i'm on board with
            -Smart and Conner would be great picks
            -If we are taking a late CB I would rather take Des Lawrence-North Carolina.
            -I don't know anything about Magloire but his measurables are really small to me for an NFL linebacker. Would rather Brandon Bell out of Penn State if we are hoping to catch lightning in a bottle in the 7th on a LB.
            I went with Myrick because he can play the slot whereas Lawrence plays more on the outside. As for Magloire, he is a present day LB. Quick and good in coverage. Also a very sound tackler.

Comment

Still not on board with Njoku in the 1st, I dunno I just want more of a complete TE like Howard or maybe even Evan Engram, but the only TE I want in the 1st is Howard

LOVE some JUJU, and would love to see him in the 2nd or possibly 3rd

Mayhbe I just really want us to sign Zeitler or Warford, but I dont want to draft a guard this year, well unless we DONT sign a FA OG.

Not a big fan of the rest either, LOL. Didnt conner just overcome cancer or something really serious??
              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                Still not on board with Njoku in the 1st, I dunno I just want more of a complete TE like Howard or maybe even Evan Engram, but the only TE I want in the 1st is Howard

LOVE some JUJU, and would love to see him in the 2nd or possibly 3rd

Mayhbe I just really want us to sign Zeitler or Warford, but I dont want to draft a guard this year, well unless we DONT sign a FA OG.

Not a big fan of the rest either, LOL. Didnt conner just overcome cancer or something really serious??
                Njoku is more of a complete TE than Evan Engram and is only 21 to boot. He will get stronger. I think if we bring back JPP and go after a LT, we dont have the $ to bring in a FA OG, so we have to draft a guy.

Yes, Conner overcame Hodgkins Lymphoma. He played this year and looked just as good as he ever did. He is a terrific guy and a very good RB and the perfect compliment to Perkins.

Comment

Working...
                X