Disappointed in the Giants Organization Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointed in the Giants Organization Today

Season ticket holder pre-sale is today which "USUALLY" means they give current season ticket holders the opportunity to buy available single game tickets at face-value prices. I look forward to this day every year it allows me to pick up tickets to bring family and friends to the game without getting bent over by Ticketmaster or the secondary market.

For whatever reason the Giants & Ticketmaster have decided to employ what looks like dynamic prices to their game this year. Meaning an extra charge based on perceived demand though a game has yet to be played yet. To give you an example my face seats in the lower bowl are roughly $140/game. I think the going face value for upper bowl seats is about $100 there are currently a ton of tickets left for the Cowboy game in the upper bowl but they start at $175/piece and that DOES NOT include the 15-20% Ticketmaster will hit you on the end. So even though these tickets are available to season ticket holders in a disguised "pre-sale" the cost for the last row in the stadium starts at $200....and they wonder why the home crowd advantage has been lost in recent years.

I get that it's a business and the idea is to make money but a 100% ticket mark up disguised as "Season Ticket Holder Benefit" is a slap in the face. This face value pre-sale was one of the few benefits as a Season Ticket holder we used to get......money grab from the non-loyalists not those who have had a vested interest in the team for years and years and years.

Extremely disappointed today......this organization used to be better than that.

Had to vent feel free to disregard.

This team made its' feelings about season ticket holders known the moment it started selling PSLs.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

well that does seem awfully douchy
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Surprised you would pay for a PSL and then complain about this. This ticket pricing makes sense. Selling someone the right to buy something is a scam. I think your disappointment is misguided here. Cowboys games will be more desired than a game agaisnt the Buccaneers, why shouldn't they charge more for it? That's how it works, be thankful they haven't always done it that way. PSLs are just them charging you money because you are willing to pay, it offers no value as it is only the right to then spend money on a ticket. I can't believe anyone was ever stupid enough to buy into that system and pay for it, but there are 1000s of people across the nation who do. So any pricing complaint about any item from anyone who would pay for a PSL is just utter nonsense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
          Surprised you would pay for a PSL and then complain about this. This ticket pricing makes sense. Selling someone the right to buy something is a scam. I think your disappointment is misguided here. Cowboys games will be more desired than a game agaisnt the Buccaneers, why shouldn't they charge more for it? That's how it works, be thankful they haven't always done it that way. PSLs are just them charging you money because you are willing to pay, it offers no value as it is only the right to then spend money on a ticket. I can't believe anyone was ever stupid enough to buy into that system and pay for it, but there are 1000s of people across the nation who do. So any pricing complaint about any item from anyone who would pay for a PSL is just utter nonsense to me.
          Guess everyone can't be as smart as you, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Guess everyone can't be as smart as you, I guess.
            It is unfortunate, it would make life a lot easier for everybody.

Comment

Surprised you would pay for a PSL and then complain about this. This ticket pricing makes sense. Selling someone the right to buy something is a scam. I think your disappointment is misguided here. Cowboys games will be more desired than a game againt the Buccaneers, why shouldn't they charge more for it? That's how it works, be thankful they haven't always done it that way. PSLs are just them charging you money because you are willing to pay, it offers no value as it is only the right to then spend money on a ticket. I can't believe anyone was ever stupid enough to buy into that system and pay for it, but there are 1000s of people across the nation who do. So any pricing complaint about any item from anyone who would pay for a PSL is just utter nonsense to me.
              - I complained about PSL's worse.....and agreed it's a complete scam and should be illegal.
              - I have no problem with them charging more to the general public but to claim this is "season ticket holder benefit" and shift stance on what they've previously sold to us at face is what really irks me.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post

- I complained about PSL's worse.....and agreed it's a complete scam and should be illegal.
                - I have no problem with them charging more to the general public but to claim this is "season ticket holder benefit" and shift stance on what they've previously sold to us at face is what really irks me.
                OK, I see. Once they started charging for PSL they showed what they really thought of season ticket holders. Trust me, they will try to scam and gouge you at every opportunity going forward. The company policy is and will be, what can we get these suckers to pay for next. This season expect $10 draft beers and a $200 cup license which allows you to put said beer you bought in a container capable of holding liquids. Which you cannot bring your own in and have to use one that you rent there. So it is $200 license to use a cup, $25-$50 for the cup rental depending on size (6, 8 or 10 oz) and $10 for the beer, any beer you want as long as its Coors Light.

Comment

You're disappointed in a for profit business charging prices that it's customers are willing to pay?

You want them to deliberately sell their product at a below market value price?

I don't follow.

Comment

This season expect $10 draft beers
                    I would looooove $10 beers again......I think the last time they were $10 was 3 years ago......seriously.....

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
                    You're disappointed in a for profit business charging prices that it's customers are willing to pay?

You want them to deliberately sell their product at a below market value price?

I don't follow.
                    Nope....please re-read....."I have no problem with them charging more to the general public but to claim this is "season ticket holder benefit" and shift stance on what they've previously sold to us at face is what really irks me."

Comment

This organization has been making dumb moves for a while now. Re-Upping with the Jets in Metlife, PSLs, keeping them in NJ. They dont care about you or me or any of us, just our money.
                      Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post

I think the idea is that, there are only 16 games in a season. then add to that, extra charges for "perceived" good games. Games are games and should be charged normally. On the flip-side, the NFL is all about the "dinero." All these costs are due to the player's salaries. The league has lost a lot of its former charm, so this should get interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          This organization has been making dumb moves for a while now. Re-Upping with the Jets in Metlife, PSLs, keeping them in NJ. They dont care about you or me or any of us, just our money.
                          Doesn't seem done at all to me. Seems kind of smart actually ....

Comment

Well, they're a business, not a charity

Comment

Keeping them in NJ was a good idea, so was re-upping with the Jets. PSL was a brilliant idea, just a scummy one. They knew that they could find enough suckers to pay for them to make it worthwhile with how long the season ticket waiting list is. It isn't like sports fans have a history of making wise and logical decisions about their favorite team. They took advantage of that situation and it paid off for them and the people who run that team and made that decision are reprehensible IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X