Disappointed in the Giants Organization Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

The PSL was no doubt a rip-off but it doesn't mean owning them has no value.

The value is the entertainment. The experience of being in that stadium. Going onto the the field before the game. Going inside the stadium into the locker room. Attending exclusive Giants events with players, coaches, JR and JM. Getting Giants gear, etc.

I have a lot of great memories being at Giants Stadium and even at the new dump.

Yes I agree 100%. The experience of being at the game is like no other. Getting to a game 5 hours before hand. Making steak, lobsters being down a tv, two grills, propane cooktop. There's not much else I'd rather do. Also the fact that I have my seat. The seat I know no people g can walk in front of me because I have the last 4 seats in the asile.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Don't forget the piss charge.
      I thought they just collected it for the Coors Light tap.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post

The advantage to PSLs is it puts the burden of building the new stadium on the consumer instead of the taxpayer. Which is a good thing. Still a really dumb purchasing decision IMO.
        Sounds like a lame cop out for the owners not having to build a stadium themselves.

If that's the case the psl owners should be the one's getting a share of the Metlife endorsement... NOT the owners.

Its either the owners stadium ( and they should pay for it completely) or the fans stadium (and we all share the endorsements from it)

The owners should NOT be able to have it both ways.

We need to fight for our rights as fans.

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

Sounds like a lame cop out for the owners not having to build a stadium themselves.

If that's the case the psl owners should be the one's getting a share of the Metlife endorsement... NOT the owners.

Its either the owners stadium ( and they should pay for it completely) or the fans stadium (and we all share the endorsements from it)

The owners are building the stadium themeselves, with revenue they earn from PSLs. They would have to earn that money from the customer somewhere. Do you think money grows out of their ears?

Comment

The owners are building the stadium themeselves, with revenue they earn from PSLs. They would have to earn that money from the customer somewhere. Do you think money grows out of their ears?
            Obviously not.

We are talking about billionaire owners here.

Where are they getting the money from? How about ticket sales.. Merchandise... Concessions stands.. You know, the same way they built these stadiums before this whole psl nonsense.

Comment

Obviously not.

We are talking about billionaire owners here.

Where are they getting the money from? How about ticket sales.. Merchandise... Concessions stands.. You know, the same way they built these stadiums before this whole psl nonsense.
              Either way it is coming from the fans, whether it is a PSL, or higher ticket prices, or whatever. I dislike the PSL, think they are a scam, but I am aware that if they went away it would just be shifted to another revenue source or several of them, mostly ticket sales.

Comment

Either way it is coming from the fans, whether it is a PSL, or higher ticket prices, or whatever. I dislike the PSL, think they are a scam, but I am aware that if they went away it would just be shifted to another revenue source or several of them, mostly ticket sales.
                Or they can buy their own stadium themselves.

These owners are making more money then ever.

There are very few investments you can make that are more lucrative then owning a sports franchise in a major sport.

I have no problem with these billionaire owners buying a billion dollar stadium with their own billion dollars.

Comment

Or they can buy their own stadium themselves.

These owners are making more money then ever.

There are very few investments you can make that are more lucrative then owning a sports franchise in a major sport.

I have no problem with these billionaire owners buying a billion dollar stadium with their own billion dollars.
                  The money the fans pay them IS their own money.

Comment

The money the fans pay them IS their own money.
                    I know that.

So why do they need PSLs?

They have money coming out the wazoo!!!

I mean what's next?? Personal Player licenses so that you can pay an outrageous fee for the right to wear a players jersey?

I can hear it now "oh with the cap rising every year and players making more then ever how ever could we possibly pay these outrageous salaries..."

It's rediculous.

Comment

I know that.

So why do they need PSLs?

They have money coming out the wazoo!!!

I mean what's next?? Personal Player licenses so that you can pay an outrageous fee for the right to wear a players jersey?

I can hear it now "oh with the cap rising every year and players making more then ever how ever could we possibly pay these outrageous salaries..."

It's rediculous.
                      They don't need it, they charge it because they can and people will pay for it. Season tickets for the Giants are a highly desired item, some people will pay nearly anything to have them it seems. Personally, I would sooner give $20,000 to support a soup kitchen than to shell it out for the right to purchase tickets.

Comment

They don't need it, they charge it because they can and people will pay for it. Season tickets for the Giants are a highly desired item, some people will pay nearly anything to have them it seems. Personally, I would sooner give $20,000 to support a soup kitchen than to shell it out for the right to purchase tickets.
                        Well that's my point. They only exist only to pad the owners pockets. All this need it to build the stadium or to not increase ticket prices are just excuses.

Comment

Welcome to capitalism

Comment

This.

The market bears it so the owners charge for it.

If people stop coming to games the owners will make changes.

It's a business.

Nobody makes you to the games or buy season tickets. It's your choice.

Personally, I just watch the games on TV.

The last game I went to the players were the size of ants. I had to watch that big TV Jumbotron to know what was going on. So I was watching the game on TV anyway!

I can buy a whole case of beer for $20 so why pay $10 for one? That's $240 a case!

Rumor says McDonald's is raising prices too so I may not go there anymore either.
                            Last edited by WayBackFan; 07-01-2017, 01:09 PM.
                            *Just beat the damn Cowboys and I can be happy.*
                            (The Eagles? Who gives a crap about the Eagles?)

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

Ah...that's the thing: you have to sell you pumpkin futures in October, not December
                              Or you have to make up the losses by selling one of your livers.

Comment

Your right as a fan (or a consumer) is to not buy what you don't want to buy.

And the owners have a right to charge whatever they want.

It's called a free market.

Comment

Working...
                                X