Allow fans to protest on field

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow fans to protest on field

If John Mara wants to give his players a chance to voice their racist anti American views will he allow giant fans (a representative number) to show our Nation - WE support our
    Flag and what it stands foróand our military and the police. They arenít perfect but they do protect us from the bad guys. This team lacks both class and character- Oliver, Collins and Harrison disgrace themselves and this team.Will Mara allow Giant fans to display our disgust with their conduct?

What do you think?

Comment

My friend if you want to protest . Do it with your wallet. Money is the great motivator.
      The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
        My friend if you want to protest . Do it with your wallet. Money is the great motivator.
        $$ talks.
        Fan since 1970.

"If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"
        -- Joe Don Looney

Comment

The players are supposed to be on the field, the fans aren't. If some fans are so bothered by the protests don't go to the games or watch them on TV. Problem solved.
          One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

The fans can vote with their feet and not show up or turn off the TV.

Fan since 1970.

"If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"
            -- Joe Don Looney

Comment

Originally posted by Bergeb01 View Post
              If John Mara wants to give his players a chance to voice their racist anti American views will he allow giant fans (a representative number) to show our Nation - WE support our
              Flag and what it stands foróand our military and the police. They arenít perfect but they do protect us from the bad guys. This team lacks both class and character- Oliver, Collins and Harrison disgrace themselves and this team.Will Mara allow Giant fans to display our disgust with their conduct?
              This is the worst post I've ever seen on this mb

1st. It's NOT racist

2nd. It's NOT anti American

3. It has NOTHING TO do with the military (everyone who protests keeps saying that, but why believe them, you know better than them)

Peacefully protesting is 1 of the most American things you could do. If you want to protest how bout you stay home, stop watching football, and do us a favor and stop posting
              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                The players are supposed to be on the field, the fans aren't. If some fans are so bothered by the protests don't go to the games or watch them on TV. Problem solved.
                But the season ticket holders pony up the cost of the tickets and PSL up front. If they choose not to go to the game. They are still paying for political statements they agree with or not. Just not going to the game does not change that fact. The monetary choice was taken away from them. The political side of what the NFL is allowing was not disclosed at the time of the purchase of the tickets or PSL. That is the definition of forced speech.

So how is not going to the game because players want to make a statement that some may not agree with a choice . That choice was taken away at the time of the ticket purchase. Why would the NFL care if the season ticket fans shows up to the game. The seat is already paid for.

The players have a right to protest but the fans also have the right not be forced to pay for it.
                The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

But the season ticket holders pony up the cost of the tickets and PSL up front. If they choose not to go to the game. They are still paying for political statements they agree with or not. Just not going to the game does not change that fact. The monetary choice was taken away from them. The political side of what the NFL is allowing was not disclosed at the time of the purchase of the tickets or PSL. That is the definition of forced speech.

So how is not going to the game because players want to make a statement that some may not agree with a choice . That choice was taken away at the time of the ticket purchase. Why would the NFL care if the season ticket fans shows up to the game. The seat is already paid for.

The players have a right to protest but the fans also have the right not be forced to pay for it.
                  Those season ticket holders still have a choice. Either don't go to the games and eat the costs of the tickets or go to the games, deal with the protests and don't eat the costs of the tickets. The fact remains, that players aren't going to stop protesting social justice issues just because some people are uncomfortable with it. Protests movements historically make people uncomfortable.

And the 'forced speech' and 'political side' argument doesn't add up when the protests started last season, so anyone who still purchased season tickets THIS season can't complain about protests that started last year. Those fans made a choice to still buy season tickets when they clearly had the option not to after seeing the protests last season. Just like those fans have the option not to buy season tickets next year and going forward.

And the fans in the stadium who don't like the protests aren't forced to sit there and be quiet. They've made their voices heard by booing the players loudly. Those fans are exercising their free speech just like the players are. Free speech isn't just for the statements that people agree with, but the statements that people don't agree with.

sigpic

Comment

Those season ticket holders still have a choice. Either don't go to the games and eat the costs of the tickets or go to the games, deal with the protests and don't eat the costs of the tickets. The fact remains, that players aren't going to stop protesting social justice issues just because some people are uncomfortable with it. Protests movements historically make people uncomfortable.

And the 'forced speech' and 'political side' argument doesn't add up when the protests started last season, so anyone who still purchased season tickets THIS season can't complain about protests that started last year. Those fans made a choice to still buy season tickets when they clearly had the option not to after seeing the protests last season. Just like those fans have the option not to buy season tickets next year and going forward.

And the fans in the stadium who don't like the protests aren't forced to sit there and be quiet. They've made their voices heard by booing the players loudly. Those fans are exercising their free speech just like the players are. Free speech isn't just for the statements that people agree with, but the statements that people don't agree with.
                    It political statement and forced speech and not disclosed at the time of the purchases. You are forced to participate with money to something that you may not agree with. If you are at the game or not. The players have rights to protest but the fans have the right not have to pay for it.

You argue for the rights of the players, There is a second side to that coin. The Giants were not protesting last year . If they were going to protest , it should have been disclosed at the time of the ticket sale.

Let me ask you this because it is the same premise.

If the KKK and Nazis came on the field every week as flag barer and too sing the national anthem. You paid for the PSL and season tickets. Would it bother you that you spent money on that? Because it bother the hell out of me.

Comment

It political statement and forced speech and not disclosed at the time of the purchases. You are forced to participate with money to something that you may not agree with. If you are at the game or not. The players have rights to protest but the fans have the right not have to pay for it.

You argue for the rights of the players, There is a second side to that coin. The Giants were not protesting last year . If they were going to protest , it should have been disclosed at the time of the ticket sale.

Let me ask you this because it is the same premise.

If the KKK and Nazis came on the field every week as flag barer and too sing the national anthem. You paid for the PSL and season tickets. Would it bother you that you spent money on that? Because it bother the hell out of me.
                      The protests started last year with Kaepernick and some other players, so it's not as if people had no idea that players were protesting. And after a certain person in the White House decided to slam the players for protesting that forced the NFL as a league to send a message that they weren't going to be dictated to by that one person and that included the Giants. And why would the NFL have to disclose political statements at the time people purchased their tickets? It's not as if the NFL went into the season planning for players to be protesting during the anthem. I suspect the NFL was hoping that the players wouldn't be protesting at all. And anybody who purchased tickets and doesn't like the protests is free to get up and leave the stadium.

And why would the NFL allow the KKK, a group that has spent centuries murdering and intimidating people in the name of hate and racial superiority, onto the field to be flag bearers? The players aren't making a statement about racial supremacy, but about racial equality and police brutality, so the KKK example isn't the best example. But to answer your question, if I had paid for season tickets and the NFL allowed the KKK onto the field I wouldn't go to the games. Period. I'd leave the stadium and I'd just have to eat the costs of the tickets if I couldn't get my money back.

sigpic

Comment

The protests started last year with Kaepernick and some other players, so it's not as if people had no idea that players were protesting. And after a certain person in the White House decided to slam the players for protesting that forced the NFL as a league to send a message that they weren't going to be dictated to by that one person and that included the Giants. And why would the NFL have to disclose political statements at the time people purchased their tickets? It's not as if the NFL went into the season planning for players to be protesting during the anthem. I suspect the NFL was hoping that the players wouldn't be protesting at all. And anybody who purchased tickets and doesn't like the protests is free to get up and leave the stadium.

And why would the NFL allow the KKK, a group that has spent centuries murdering and intimidating people in the name of hate and racial superiority, onto the field to be flag bearers? The players aren't making a statement about racial supremacy, but about racial equality and police brutality, so the KKK example isn't the best example. But to answer your question, if I had paid for season tickets and the NFL allowed the KKK onto the field I wouldn't go to the games. Period. I'd leave the stadium and I'd just have to eat the costs of the tickets if I couldn't get my money back.
                        Proponents of it could argue the (KKK) it just a few people holding a flag and singing a song. Nothing political about it. It is perspective. More extreme example but no different then what the players are doing.

I am going to ask you this one last time . Is it a fair practice for the NFL to allow fans to pay for political statements made by players coaches..... that they may not agree with? Is that not an infringement on their right not to pay and subjected to speech that do not want to take part in? 2 simple questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

This is the worst post I've ever seen on this mb

1st. It's NOT racist

2nd. It's NOT anti American

3. It has NOTHING TO do with the military (everyone who protests keeps saying that, but why believe them, you know better than them)

Peacefully protesting is 1 of the most American things you could do. If you want to protest how bout you stay home, stop watching football, and do us a favor and stop posting
                          Actually, THIS is the worst post of the thread. So in your opinion, being a millionaire, whiny ingrate is what America is all about? I also like the way you put "do US a favor"! You really should change your handle to pompousdbaglibtard.

Comment

Proponents of it could argue the (KKK) it just a few people holding a flag and singing a song. Nothing political about it. It is perspective. More extreme example but no different then what the players are doing.

I am going to ask you this one last time . Is it a fair practice for the NFL to allow fans to pay for political statements made by players coaches..... that they may not agree with? Is that not an infringement on their right not to pay and subjected to speech that do not want to take part in? 2 simple questions.
                            Except the players don't have a centuries long history of promoting racial supremacy by using murder and intimidation. So, that's a weak argument to claim that it's about perspective or draw some comparison between the players and the KKK. And the NFL isn't forcing their fans to sit there during the games if they're offended. The fans can get up and walk out. You seem to act as if the fans are being forced against their wills to watch the protests when they can walk out of the games.

And you keep bringing up this issue of fans paying for political statements by the players when the NFL was paid by the military, with taxpayer money, to honor the troops during the anthem. So the fans were already paying for a political statement during the anthem when they went to the games. But to answer your question, yes it's fair for the NFL to allow fans to pay for political statements by the players and coaches since the league is a private business unto themselves. If fans don't like those statements then they have the right NOT to pay to go to the games or stay at those games if they're offended. Problem solved.

Bottom line, the NFL doesn't care if people who paid for season tickets are offended by the players kneeling, which is why you don't see teams giving fans their money back. Just like the NFL didn't rally together to make sure that somebody signed Colin Kaepernick to stop fans from boycotting the games. So you can continue to go one about fans 'paying for political statements', but the NFL doesn't care since plenty of fans are still showing up at the stadiums for games even if some of them are booing during the protests.

sigpic

Comment

Except the players don't have a centuries long history of promoting racial supremacy by using murder and intimidation. So, that's a weak argument to claim that it's about perspective or draw some comparison between the players and the KKK. And the NFL isn't forcing their fans to sit there during the games if they're offended. The fans can get up and walk out. You seem to act as if the fans are being forced against their wills to watch the protests when they can walk out of the games.

And you keep bringing up this issue of fans paying for political statements by the players when the NFL was paid by the military, with taxpayer money, to honor the troops during the anthem. So the fans were already paying for a political statement during the anthem when they went to the games. But to answer your question, yes it's fair for the NFL to allow fans to pay for political statements by the players and coaches since the league is a private business unto themselves. If fans don't like those statements then they have the right NOT to pay to go to the games or stay at those games if they're offended. Problem solved.

Bottom line, the NFL doesn't care if people who paid for season tickets are offended by the players kneeling, which is why you don't see teams giving fans their money back. Just like the NFL didn't rally together to make sure that somebody signed Colin Kaepernick to stop fans from boycotting the games. So you can continue to go one about fans 'paying for political statements', but the NFL doesn't care since plenty of fans are still showing up at the stadiums for games even if some of them are booing during the protests.
                              I stopped reading after you first line. The argument is not why the players are protesting . I don't want anyone being oppressed. It about rights from both points of view. You apparently see it from one side. I Made a valid point for the rights on both sides that you do not see. I can't change that.. There are 2 sides to the coin. I do look at it from both sides . That is the only way to have any perspective. The players have a right to make a statement. The fans should have the right not to pay for it before the fact. All persons have rights . Those rights should not be infringed upon in any circumstance. Just as the players do, the fans also have rights. No team to date has offered a refund for PSLs or tickets. That is a fact.That is why the PSL lawsuit will be heard in court.

Comment

Working...
                              X