Allow fans to protest on field

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IGotTheBlues View Post

Actually, THIS is the worst post of the thread. So in your opinion, being a millionaire, whiny ingrate is what America is all about? I also like the way you put "do US a favor"! You really should change your handle to pompousdbaglibtard.
    This post is extremely unsatisfactory for this message board. For starters, you're insulting someone simply because they do not share the same political beliefs are you. Even the most extreme person that disagrees with what he is saying did not post something like this. IMO, this post has no place here or anywhere.
    Last edited by SG88; 10-08-2017, 11:24 PM.
    We all that we got!

Comment

It is a pretty simple concept. If you do not like the product, do not spend money on it. If you are extremely upset about the players protesting, then don't go to or watch the games. If you are boycotting the games because the Kaepernick does not have a job, then boycott. There's also no need to announce your departure either. Regardless of which side you are on, I could not care less if you stopped watching. You will not be missed. Personally, I am all for the protests and I love football. I'm not going anywhere.
      We all that we got!

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I stopped reading after you first line. The argument is not why the players are protesting . I don't want anyone being oppressed. It about rights from both points of view. You apparently see it from one side. I Made a valid point for the rights on both sides that you do not see. I can't change that.. There are 2 sides to the coin. I do look at it from both sides . That is the only way to have any perspective. The players have a right to make a statement. The fans should have the right not to pay for it before the fact. All persons have rights . Those rights should not be infringed upon in any circumstance. Just as the players do, the fans also have rights. No team to date has offered a refund for PSLs or tickets. That is a fact.That is why the PSL lawsuit will be heard in court.
        There are no 2 sides to look at when you're talking about one side protesting for racial justice and another side, the KKK, representing racial injustice. While I find the opinions of hate groups disgusting they do have a right to free speech just like the players have the right of free speech to protest.

You seem to believe that the fans are entitled to get their money back if they disagree with the protests, but that's not how businesses generally work. That may not be fair to you, but life isn't fair. If you don't like how a business is operating then you stop supporting that business. That's where the power of the fans comes from. Don't show up to the games and don't watch them on TV. But constantly complaining about how it's not fair that fans have to pay to see protests that they don't agree with isn't going to make the NFL start sending out refunds. And the only PSL lawsuit that I've heard about is the one concerning the Rams fans that purchased tickets when the team was still in St Louis, which is a totally different set of circumstances from the protests.
        One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IGotTheBlues View Post

Actually, THIS is the worst post of the thread. So in your opinion, being a millionaire, whiny ingrate is what America is all about? I also like the way you put "do US a favor"! You really should change your handle to pompousdbaglibtard.
          OK obviously reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. America is all about free speech and the right to express you opinion without fear of imprisonment or death, not sure where you got "whiny ingrate" from, guess anyone who disagrees with your all high holy opinion if a "whiny ingrate"

And yes, do us a favor, ya know the majority of us intelligent Giants fans who's Fandom doesn't waver when someone says something our little snowflake pride can't tolerate

LOL, "Libtard", you're adorable. Sleep well sweetheart
          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post

There are no 2 sides to look at when you're talking about one side protesting for racial justice and another side, the KKK, representing racial injustice. While I find the opinions of hate groups disgusting they do have a right to free speech just like the players have the right of free speech to protest.

You seem to believe that the fans are entitled to get their money back if they disagree with the protests, but that's not how businesses generally work. That may not be fair to you, but life isn't fair. If you don't like how a business is operating then you stop supporting that business. That's where the power of the fans comes from. Don't show up to the games and don't watch them on TV. But constantly complaining about how it's not fair that fans have to pay to see protests that they don't agree with isn't going to make the NFL start sending out refunds. And the only PSL lawsuit that I've heard about is the one concerning the Rams fans that purchased tickets when the team was still in St Louis, which is a totally different set of circumstances from the protests.
            This conversation ends. To me it not about that stance it about rights. The fans have rights also ( not to be charged at the beginning of the season without disclosure) if you do not see that so be it.
            The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

This conversation ends. To me it not about that stance it about rights. The fans have rights also ( not to be charged at the beginning of the season without disclosure) if you do not see that so be it.
              You're right, I don't see how you believe fans should be 'informed' about players protesting before the season when it was something the NFL was hoping would go away after it started LAST season. Those fans had the right not to buy tickets this season just like they have the right to get up and walk out of the stadium. If you can't see that then you're right this conversation should end.

sigpic

Comment

You're right, I don't see how you believe fans should be 'informed' about players protesting before the season when it was something the NFL was hoping would go away after it started LAST season. Those fans had the right not to buy tickets this season just like they have the right to get up and walk out of the stadium. If you can't see that then you're right this conversation should end.

What about the PSL are you saying they forfeit it and nit buy the season tickets? I guess the PSL is inconsequential. No matter how you try to spin it the fans pay for a football game not protests.
                The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

What about the PSL are you saying they forfeit it and nit buy the season tickets? I guess the PSL is inconsequential. No matter how you try to spin it the fans pay for a football game not protests.
                  If fans don't want to 'pay for protests' as you keep putting it then they have the option to try and unload their PSL's on someone else. If they can't do that then they either don't go to the games and eat the costs or go to the games and endure the protests. If somebody feels strongly opposed to something they take some form of action, they don't sit around and complain about it while doing nothing.

sigpic

Comment

If fans don't want to 'pay for protests' as you keep putting it then they have the option to try and unload their PSL's on someone else. If they can't do that then they either don't go to the games and eat the costs or go to the games and endure the protests. If somebody feels strongly opposed to something they take some form of action, they don't sit around and complain about it while doing nothing.
                    That is not the argument that the courts will here . The disclosure is the one that will be heard and litigated. The whole you have the choice to sell your tickets and PSL will not fly in the courts. The courts will only see the legality as it pertains to the agreement. It the Fans purchase an agreement based on participating in the live viewing of a football game, and the seller gives something else. That is a legitimate argument for a class action law suit.

Comment

That is not the argument that the courts will here . The disclosure is the one that will be heard and litigated. The whole you have the choice to sell your tickets and PSL will not fly in the courts. The courts will only see the legality as it pertains to the agreement. It the Fans purchase an agreement based on participating in the live viewing of a football game, and the seller gives something else. That is a legitimate argument for a class action law suit.
                      Why do you keep talking about court? The legal battles regarding PSLs are about teams moving to another state and not allowing people to transfer their PSLs. And that's something that the NFL deserves to be sued over, but that has nothing to do with fans 'paying for protests'. Now if some fans tried to sue the NFL over the player protests they would likely lose that case since it would be based on fans claiming that 'I paid to watch a football game, not to see protests' when they actually did get to watch a football game if they chose to stay following the protests. The ticket allowed them entry to the stadium to watch a game and that's what they were able to do.

sigpic

Comment

Why do you keep talking about court? The legal battles regarding PSLs are about teams moving to another state and not allowing people to transfer their PSLs. And that's something that the NFL deserves to be sued over, but that has nothing to do with fans 'paying for protests'. Now if some fans tried to sue the NFL over the player protests they would likely lose that case since it would be based on fans claiming that 'I paid to watch a football game, not to see protests' when they actually did get to watch a football game if they chose to stay following the protests. The ticket allowed them entry to the stadium to watch a game and that's what they were able to do.
                        There at PSL lawsuits about the protests.

Comment

There at PSL lawsuits about the protests.
                          I haven't seen anything about PSL lawsuits about the protests.

sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen anything about PSL lawsuits about the protests.
                            It is going on as speak.

Comment

If the NFL passes a rule forcing players to stand for the anthem, they will find a new way to peacefully protest that many will deem unpatriotic, or should done on their own time in a dark closet, or against the military, or whatever they want to believe.

Players will find a way to keep bringing this issue to light. If it's not kneeling during the anthem, it may be raising a fist, or all wearing red visors, or WHATEVER it may be
                              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

It is going on as speak.
                                Hmm, that's interesting since I haven't found any reports about PSL lawsuits connected to the protests. But any lawsuit regarding the protests would be based on people claiming that they purchased tickets to see players in a VIOLENT contact sport, but had to watch some of those players take a NON-VIOLENT stance prior to actually seeing the game that they paid for. Good luck with that.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X