LOSE 8 FOR THE GIPPER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOSE 8 FOR THE GIPPER

The last time we went QB hunting, we tanked the season when it appeared out of hand 2003.

Johnny Lynn was accused of handing the same game plan in game after game and just changing the opponents name.

Fassel was told to be competitive but dont screw up the pursuit of Eli.

So he goes and puts in Jesse Palmer towards the end of the season and Jesse didnt get the memo.........he actually tried with his legs to win one and
    came close to doing so,

In the end, although good soldiers, Lynn and Fassel were sent packing anyway.

If the Giants are targeting someone in particular, and the team remembers that game, Webb wont see much action.

On the other hand we might not need to go QB hunting if Webb rises to the occasion and like Jesse refuses to throw in the white towel

For the record the 2004 Giants waited until game #10 to replace Warner with Eli......a decision to this day was a head scratcher......Warner was doing quite well and the team still had playoff hopes unlike this 1-7 debacle

Warner remains bitter about this to this day and went on to win a SB in AZ
    Last edited by BlueClue; 11-08-2017, 12:19 PM.

Man 8 more losses would really empty that stadium

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
      Man 8 more losses would really empty that stadium
      it may take all of those losses to make the owners realize that something drastic needs to be done

Comment

Something drastic has to change right now. We have to look to the future. Play Webb, play the young guys.....gradually put all the quitters on the bench.

I was totally embarrassed by the lack of desire to play defense last week. It almost looked like the D is looking to get MacAdoo fired

I wouldnt mind losing 8 but lets make the games competitive.......if we win one or two, no problem......any top 10 draftee will do

until proven wrong I think this kid Webb is an intriguing guy and I want to see what he can do in real NFL games.

there are no Jim Browns out there in College

If I had my druthers I'd lose 6 but put a major league whomping on the Eagles and Dallas......that would make me smile
        Last edited by BlueClue; 11-08-2017, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
          The last time we went QB hunting, we tanked the season when it appeared out of hand 2003.

Warner remains bitter about this to this day and went on to win a SB in AZ
          All true and good, except he didn't win a SB with Arizona.

Comment

Only on this board will fans root for the Giants to lose. It is a remarkable achievement for a franchise of this caliber to have no fair weather fans. That kind of commitment does not grow on trees.
            The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Warner definitely got the shaft with the NYG.

I admire him greatly.
              Fan since 1970.
              ---------------------

----------------------------------------------
              "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

Working...
              X