Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tickets to be replaced by Swipe Cards?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tickets to be replaced by Swipe Cards?

    Heard this rumor from my cousin who's a Jets season ticket holder, said he read somewhere that the Jets in an effort to cut down on scalping hard copy tickets were planning on issuing season ticket holders swipe cards to be used at the gates instead of hard ticket scans. He said you still had the ability to print the tickets before the game but would be limited to a specific predetermined time frame. He said these measures somehow would limit the ability of ticket scalpers to push tickets. He's digging for the memo he read but has anyone heard of something like this coming down the pike for Giants Season tickets as well at MetLife?

  • #2
    Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
    Heard this rumor from my cousin who's a Jets season ticket holder, said he read somewhere that the Jets in an effort to cut down on scalping hard copy tickets were planning on issuing season ticket holders swipe cards to be used at the gates instead of hard ticket scans. He said you still had the ability to print the tickets before the game but would be limited to a specific predetermined time frame. He said these measures somehow would limit the ability of ticket scalpers to push tickets. He's digging for the memo he read but has anyone heard of something like this coming down the pike for Giants Season tickets as well at MetLife?
    There's a ticket scalping market for Jet games??? Who woulda thought?

    Wouldn't that swipe deal put the NFL Ticket Exchange out of commish for Giant games? Not sure i see Ticketmaster giving up that little piece of the business.

    Comment


    • #3
      Don't see the issue with scalping, if people cannot make the game. Reselling at higher value is the problem, and you just cannot stop that

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mitchmac View Post
        There's a ticket scalping market for Jet games??? Who woulda thought?

        Wouldn't that swipe deal put the NFL Ticket Exchange out of commish for Giant games? Not sure i see Ticketmaster giving up that little piece of the business.
        Yes but its a little different. They pay you to take the tickets.

        Comment


        • #5
          Sounds very weird. If you have a swipe card how do the ushers know what section you belong in? It's printed on the card?

          Comment


          • #6
            It is just a way to cut out sites like StubHub. The NFL Ticket Exchange will be able to deduct the game from your card and issue a print out to the purchaser.

            Some lawyers are going to make some money.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
              It is just a way to cut out sites like StubHub. The NFL Ticket Exchange will be able to deduct the game from your card and issue a print out to the purchaser.

              Some lawyers are going to make some money.
              Wow, that makes perfect sense. That way TM/Giants get a cut out of any and all resale of tickets.

              I hear what you're saying about lawyers though - if I bought the ticket I should be able to do whatever the hell I want with it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mitchmac View Post
                Wow, that makes perfect sense. That way TM/Giants get a cut out of any and all resale of tickets.

                I hear what you're saying about lawyers though - if I bought the ticket I should be able to do whatever the hell I want with it.
                Unless you are binded in to some legal agreement upon purchase, something I dont know because ive never attended a game.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DSP View Post
                  Unless you are binded in to some legal agreement upon purchase, something I dont know because ive never attended a game.
                  If I remember correctly, the PSL agreement states you can resell through Ticket Exchange only, and that if you sell through any other means you could lose your tickets and your PSL.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I heard the same thing about Jets season tickets. Even MLB's Washington Nationals are using this concept!
                    I'm not a big fan of this.. As a Yankees and Giants season ticket holder, I prefer traditional hard tickets.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mitchmac View Post
                      If I remember correctly, the PSL agreement states you can resell through Ticket Exchange only, and that if you sell through any other means you could lose your tickets and your PSL.


                      Is that true? Season ticket holders can't sell their tickets through Stubhub??
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
                        Is that true? Season ticket holders can't sell their tickets through Stubhub??
                        The agreement you sign says if you resell outside ticket exchange you could forfeit the tickets and the PSL. Not really sure if they can stop you though if you're selling the hard tickets. The tickets DO have your account info on them though.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mitchmac View Post
                          The agreement you sign says if you resell outside ticket exchange you could forfeit the tickets and the PSL. Not really sure if they can stop you though if you're selling the hard tickets. The tickets DO have your account info on them though.

                          Well, if they decide to forfeit my PSL because I occasionally use Stubhub, then they better refund my $5,000.00 back to me for my PSL!
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
                            Well, if they decide to forfeit my PSL because I occasionally use Stubhub, then they better refund my $5,000.00 back to me for my PSL!
                            If you break the contract I would think you forfeit your money too.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              By the way it says NOWHERE in the agreement for the PSL that you must use ticket exchange to resell your tickets. Ticket exchange isn't even mentioned in the agreement at all which makes sense because what if they want to change the "Official ticket marketplace of the NFL."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X