Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmed Hard Ticket Replacement for Jets Season Tix...Giants next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed Hard Ticket Replacement for Jets Season Tix...Giants next?

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...4-77e466134ba3

I hope this plan falls flat on Woody Johnson's face. Just like his decision to sign Michael Vick!!
    sigpic

Comment

"Through activities as simple as attending home games, watching or listening to away games on TV or radio, and participating in non-game Jets events, season ticket holders will earn points which can be redeemed for prizes. Rewards will include unique benefits that only the New York Jets could offer such as behind-the-scenes access and VIP treatment in addition to a wide range of merchandise.
      All season ticket holders will be automatically enrolled in the program at no cost and will be able to manage their accounts through a Jets Rewards Online Portal, which will launch this summer. This will also be where fans will exchange their points for prizes.
      I don't see the Giants ever trying nonsense like this.

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post

I'm not so sure of that. I hear the Washington Nationals' season ticket holders actually like this new format.
        But I hope you're right though!!
        sigpic

Comment

Probably the same thing was said when all this PSL nonsense was starting to happen around the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Vangellis View Post
            Probably the same thing was said when all this PSL nonsense was starting to happen around the league.
            It's apples and oranges. PSLs puts millions in the owners pockets. 'Reward Programs" is a gimmick to get more people to buy Jets season tickets, which is not an issue for the NYG.

Comment

It's apples and oranges. PSLs puts millions in the owners pockets. 'Reward Programs" is a gimmick to get more people to buy Jets season tickets, which is not an issue for the NYG.

You could still have a rewards program, and still have "hard traditional tickets" no?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
                You could still have a rewards program, and still have "hard traditional tickets" no?
                Most likely. .....Getting rid of hard ticket might help the Jets keep their tickets off the secondary market. Unlike Giants tickets which usually cost more than face value on the secondary market, you can usually buy Jets tickets well below face value.

Comment

Most likely. .....Getting rid of hard ticket might help the Jets keep their tickets off the secondary market. Unlike Giants tickets which usually cost more than face value on the secondary market, you can usually buy Jets tickets well below face value.

Have you seen the secondary market on PSL's for both teams??
                  If Giants' PSL's were selling as cheap as Jets' PSL's, I'd jump on a pair for an upgrade!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
                    Have you seen the secondary market on PSL's for both teams??
                    If Giants' PSL's were selling as cheap as Jets' PSL's, I'd jump on a pair for an upgrade!
                    Yup...The Jets are selling $50 season tickets without a PSL, and even those seats aren't sold out.

Comment

Yup...The Jets are selling $50 season tickets without a PSL, and even those seats aren't sold out.

It's a beautiful thing to see.. lol
                      It couldn't happen to a bigger buffoon of an owner!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X