Small rant about some fans.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    What's Penn's nickname?.....The Pocket Protectors?
    nice....Quakers

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
      nice....Quakers
      I actually knew that.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Why not stand before and after third down?
        Because I can how about that.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGiants2120 View Post
          Because I can how about that.
          So you have no consideration for others, I guess that's fine, most don't.

Comment

So you have no consideration for others, I guess that's fine, most don't.
            You are seriously delusional man. It's a football game. If you wanna sit down and not cheer stay on your couch. I'm more than a polite person as is my dad who sits with me. We go to a football to have a good time, get excited and cheer on the football team. Not be miserable sitting down the entire game.

Comment

You are seriously delusional man. It's a football game. If you wanna sit down and not cheer stay on your couch. I'm more than a polite person as is my dad who sits with me. We go to a football to have a good time, get excited and cheer on the football team. Not be miserable sitting down the entire game.
              No, I am not delusional. If I go to a football game, I want to see the game. If the person in front of me is standing, I most likely will not be able to see even if I am also standing. I don't think it is an unresonable request to have the people in front of me sit down so I can see the game too.
              Last edited by jmike; 12-19-2016, 05:32 PM.

Comment

No, I am not delusional. If I go to a football game, I want to see the game. If the person in front of me is standing, I most likely will not be able to see even if I am also standing. Not delusional and I don't think it is an unresonable request to have the people in front of you sit down so I can see the game too.
                There are always exceptions to the rule. For instance, if a person explained to me that they couldn't see, even if they stand, I would definitely take that into consideration. Also, if there was someone with a disability or an elderly person, I would adjust my behavior accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by JB456 View Post
                  There are always exceptions to the rule. For instance, if a person explained to me that they couldn't see, even if they stand, I would definitely take that into consideration. Also, if there was someone with a disability or an elderly person, I would adjust my behavior accordingly.
                  Problem is, your standing in row 5 has an impact on those in row 25. If you stand the person behind you needs to stand, then the person behind them and so forth, so there is me, in row 25 not able to see because you decided that you can't cheer while sitting in row 5. Should I now have to walk down to every single row one at a time and ask them each to sit down in turn so I can watch the football game? Or should you consider that your actions may inadvertantly effect others even if you can't see them directly? Kids go to games too, some of them even shorter than me, is it ok to block their view? Should the stadium ushers carry about stools so short people can see or periscopes maybe? Or maybe, just maybe, it can be all solved by showing a little consideration and keep your *** in the seat you paid for.
                  Last edited by jmike; 12-19-2016, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JB456 View Post
                    Of course, if someone with a disability needed to see I would even give up my front row seat for them to do so.

Comment

Problem is, your standing in row 5 has an impact on those in row 25. If you stand the person behind you needs to stand, then the person behind them and so forth, so there is me, in row 25 not able to see because you decided that you can't cheer while sitting in row 5. Should I now have to walk down to every single row one at a time and ask them each to sit down in turn so I can watch the football game? Or should you consider that your actions may inadvertantly effect others even if you can't see them directly? Kids go to games too, some of them even shorter than me, is it ok to block their view? Should the stadium ushers carry about stools so short people can see or periscopes maybe? Or maybe, just maybe, it can be all solved by showing a little consideration and keep your *** in the seat you paid for.
                      Do everyone a favor and continue watching the games from the couch lol

Comment

Proof that our society is full of narcissists with zero regard for others

Sorry man, and no offense is intended, but your attitude sucks. I'm perfectly capable of sitting down for the entire game and still scream and yell my lungs out cheering them on. Sitting doesn't take one ounce of enjoyment away from the game for me

Know why I stay seated? I'm 6'6, and by standing, I'm going to seriously obstruct the view of a LOT of people behind me. Its common courtesy no matter how you slice it, and its something that has all but vanished from our society in the last 5-10 years.

I'll get off my soapbox now, and I'm truly sorry if you were offended by my post, but it had to be said. Keep in mind that there are other people around you out there in the world
                        The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

This is funny, your idea of being "more than a polite person" includes telling somebody to exclude themselves from activities because it is inconvenient for you to be considerate of them?

But I'm the delusional one. Pfft.

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                            Proof that our society is full of narcissists with zero regard for others

Sorry man, and no offense is intended, but your attitude sucks. I'm perfectly capable of sitting down for the entire game and still scream and yell my lungs out cheering them on. Sitting doesn't take one ounce of enjoyment away from the game for me

Know why I stay seated? I'm 6'6, and by standing, I'm going to seriously obstruct the view of a LOT of people behind me. Its common courtesy no matter how you slice it, and its something that has all but vanished from our society in the last 5-10 years.

I'll get off my soapbox now, and I'm truly sorry if you were offended by my post, but it had to be said. Keep in mind that there are other people around you out there in the world
                            6'6" dang...you are probably as tall sitting as I am standing.

Comment

6'6" dang...you are probably as tall sitting as I am standing.
                              LOL

Yep, probably, but if you were sitting behind me, I'd gladly stay seated, or even swap seats with you if you asked.

In a more extreme circumstance, I'd even offer to boost you up onto my shoulders for the ultimate view from the top
                              The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Smith&Nicks View Post
                                Oh shut up... the seats are staggered so that if you are sitting behind you can still see the field, you will not completely be blocked out. People pay money just like others and if they want to stand or sit then they can its not up to someone to tell people to sit down... i would turn around and say **** you. People are hyped they are at a team game they are excited and the adrenaline will keep them engaged.

you sound like the type of fan to be quite on opposing offense drives at a game.
                                You sound like a real class act.

Better be careful who you turn around and say **** you too. Might end up eating your teeth for lunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X