Small rant about some fans.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small rant about some fans.

My dad and I have been going to Giants games since I was about 8 years old, now 23. Long time season ticket holders who bust our butts to have the nice seats we own (section 143 front row). I seriously can not stand the fans who have the nerve to tell me to sit down or i'm in their way while I am up on my feet cheering the team on or banging on the wall padding in front of me. Yesterday wasn't the first time this has happened, happens multiple times every year. I really don't understand those fans who expect to pay good money for tickets just to sit in their seat, not cheer, not get on their feet and get excited. Am I crazy or ?

Anyways, thought the atmosphere in the stadium overall has been great the last two weeks and was a great season (home games)

Go GMEN.

Sorry about that man, it's just that you were blocking my view.

Comment

I was there yesterday, and why does no one make any noise at all until 3rd down? The place is like a library on first and second down when Giants are on D.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGiants2120 View Post
        My dad and I have been going to Giants games since I was about 8 years old, now 23. Long time season ticket holders who bust our butts to have the nice seats we own (section 143 front row). I seriously can not stand the fans who have the nerve to tell me to sit down or i'm in their way while I am up on my feet cheering the team on or banging on the wall padding in front of me. Yesterday wasn't the first time this has happened, happens multiple times every year. I really don't understand those fans who expect to pay good money for tickets just to sit in their seat, not cheer, not get on their feet and get excited. Am I crazy or ?

Anyways, thought the atmosphere in the stadium overall has been great the last two weeks and was a great season (home games)

Go GMEN.
        hmm, so you think because you paid for a seat you think it is ok to prevent anyone behind you who also paid for a seat from watching the game? I don't go to a lot of games and that is among the reasons why, if anybody stands up in the couple of rows in front of me, I can't see even if I am standing. Nobody is stopping your from making as much noise as you want with your butt in your seat. Sure stand up and cheer for a score, but sit back down, have a bit of consideration for those behind you.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
          hmm, so you think because you paid for a seat you think it is ok to prevent anyone behind you who also paid for a seat from watching the game? I don't go to a lot of games and that is among the reasons why, if anybody stands up in the couple of rows in front of me, I can't see even if I am standing. Nobody is stopping your from making as much noise as you want with your butt in your seat. Sure stand up and cheer for a score, but sit back down, have a bit of consideration for those behind you.
          I ALWAYS HAVE THE SAME ISSUE WHEN MY WIFE AND I GO, SOME JUST STAND FOR ALMOST THE ENTIRE GAME.
          SO YEAH, WE LIKE DRIVING FOR 2-1/2 HOURS TO THE STADIUM, PAY FOR THE TICKET TO LOOK AT SOMEONES HOODIE FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS, CRAWL BACK INTO OUR CAR AND DRIVE 2-1/2 HOURS BACK HOME...LIVING THE DREAM

Comment

Buncha lame-o's if you ask me. You do kinda have to time it right though. As someone said earlier, make as much noise as possible sitting down, then on big plays, or big drives, go ahead and get up. It's awesome to by hype all game, but I get the feeling that the vast majority of people going to Metlife do not feel the same, which is sad.

Comment

I have to say that the stadium sounded about as loud as ever from my TV.

I sat in section 139 a few years back and I couldn't believe how lifeless those people are.

Seriously, they should just stay home and count their money instead.
              Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschi View Post
                Buncha lame-o's if you ask me. You do kinda have to time it right though. As someone said earlier, make as much noise as possible sitting down, then on big plays, or big drives, go ahead and get up. It's awesome to by hype all game, but I get the feeling that the vast majority of people going to Metlife do not feel the same, which is sad.
                No, some of us are just short.

Comment

It's not about making noise. I've never seen anyone complain about a Giant fan's cheering and noise making while they root for the home team.

As far as standing up. . Do you really need to stand the whole time? Are you making more noise if you stand? Save the standing for scores, turnovers, etc. And let the people behind you watch the game too.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGiants2120 View Post

Go GMEN.
                    There are two sides of the coin here my man and I have been on the giving and receiving end of this situation.

1) I went to Giants game and dolled out good money and had to deal with another fan standing the WHOLE time. This was complete nonsense. I ended up saying something and mentioned that I understood why someone would stand on 3rd down, a pivotal drive or a scoring situation.

2) I have been to a game where someone was getting angry that I was standing during important parts of the game and I basically told them to deal with it. I understood that the person paid good money for the seat but I am not going to act like a corpse the entire game and show less excitement than I do if i watch the game at a bar or my house with friends.

So the question is, are you that person that stands for the majority of the game (on first down in the 1st quarter) or are you standing in important situations?

Comment

Originally posted by JB456 View Post

2) I have been to a game where someone was getting angry that I was standing during important parts of the game and I basically told them to deal with it.
                      So you think it is ok to prevent somebody else from watching the important parts of the game? Can your feet not stamp, hands not clap, mouth not cheer and eyes not see when you are sitting down? Jump up and cheer after the play. Would you be ok if you paid to go to a game and the people in front of you forced you to wear a blindfold whenever there was an important situation in the game?

Comment

1:00 Giants fans tend to be older. Lots of long standing season ticket holders.
                        4:00 and night game crowds are different. Much younger, much more boisterous.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
                          Oh shut up... the seats are staggered so that if you are sitting behind you can still see the field, you will not completely be blocked out. People pay money just like others and if they want to stand or sit then they can its not up to someone to tell people to sit down... i would turn around and say **** you. People are hyped they are at a team game they are excited and the adrenaline will keep them engaged.

you sound like the type of fan to be quite on opposing offense drives at a game.

Comment

crowd noise affects games, if you wanna sit and be quite do it on offense, but if the defense on the field then you need to get your geriatric *** up and blow them old *** lungs out.

Comment

Originally posted by Smith&Nicks View Post
                              Oh shut up... the seats are staggered so that if you are sitting behind you can still see the field, you will not completely be blocked out. People pay money just like others and if they want to stand or sit then they can its not up to someone to tell people to sit down... i would turn around and say **** you. People are hyped they are at a team game they are excited and the adrenaline will keep them engaged.

you sound like the type of fan to be quite on opposing offense drives at a game.
                              I had a feeling this thread would turn ugly.
                              Good going.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                              X