Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season ticket increase of around 4% for all NYG season ticket holders.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
    When Giants Stadium opened in 1976, there were only 2 ticket prices. $9 for lower and upper tier, and $11 for mezzanine seats. I think parking was $1

A dollar for parking.. Hard to fathom!
    sigpic

Comment

NY Rangers ticket prices have gotten crazy too. Back in the 80's, my friend had season tickets in the old "Orange Seats". The tickets were $16 a game. Now they're $236. I don't go to basketball games and I'm just guessing, but I wouldn't be surprised if Knicks tickets are the worst of all the sports when it comes to price increases over the years.
      Last edited by darrin99; 03-11-2017, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
        NY Rangers ticket prices have gotten crazy too. Back in the 80's, my friend had season tickets in the old "Orange Seats". The tickets were $16 a game. Now they're $236. I don't go to basketball games and I'm just guessing, but I wouldn't be surprised if Knicks tickets are the worst of all the sports when it comes to price increases over the years.

Hockey would be right up there with basketball too, if comparing from 30 plus years ago.
        sigpic

Comment

I remember paying $99 in 1996 for Giants seats on Yankee trails. Now it is over $240

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
            I love hearing stories from old timers who talk about the days of going to games back then. My friend's father-n-law talks about how they would buy bleacher seats on game day for about $1.50!
            One of the cool things about the Yankee Stadium days (different time and place!) was that after the game a good number of the players would head across the street to the bowling alley bar to hang out with the fans. I was only a kid but I'll never forget that!

Comment

Originally posted by zimonami View Post
              Somewhere on the invoice it should discuss the cost and option for parking.
              If not, call the FO and ask.
              Okay, I e-mailed them and they replied and said they look at the parking pass waiting list in May/June, and will e-mail those on the waiting list then to let them know if there are available passes.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchmac View Post
                One of the cool things about the Yankee Stadium days (different time and place!) was that after the game a good number of the players would head across the street to the bowling alley bar to hang out with the fans. I was only a kid but I'll never forget that!

That's awesome...

After a Giants game, were fans allowed to leave the Yankee Stadium by walking onto the field and towards the exits? Like after Yankee baseball games back then.

sigpic

Comment

Frank Gifford mentioned that in his book. There were a couple of local places/restaurants they gathered together.... including Toots Shor's downtown.

Comment

That's awesome...

After a Giants game, were fans allowed to leave the Yankee Stadium by walking onto the field and towards the exits? Like after Yankee baseball games back then.
                    I really don't recall. My dad's seats were right behind the goal post in the bleachers, and near the ramp thing. When the game was over we'd just book down the ramp and head for the bar!
                    Last edited by mitchmac; 03-15-2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Frank Gifford mentioned that in his book. There were a couple of local places/restaurants they gathered together.... including Toots Shor's downtown.
                      Toots Shor's downtown sounds a little classier then some of the places I saw LT post-game.....

Comment

I really don't recall. My dad's seats were right behind the goal post in the bleachers, and near the ramp thing. When the game was over we'd just book down the ramp and head for the bar!

Lol.. You were lucky to have experienced that as a kid. I wish I did back then.
                        sigpic

Comment

Lol.. You were lucky to have experienced that as a kid. I wish I did back then.
                          It's why I'm a lifer!

Comment

Toots Shor's downtown sounds a little classier then some of the places I saw LT post-game.....
                            That's because LT wasn't with his wife and wanted to be more isolated so he could do his coke on the sly, and not in a social atmosphere with other players, with or without their wives, like the old Giants were doing.

Comment

That's because LT wasn't with his wife and wanted to be more isolated so he could do his coke on the sly, and not in a social atmosphere with other players, with or without their wives, like the old Giants were doing.
                              The times I saw LT post-game he was certainly not doing things on the sly and was definitely not isolated!

Comment

Working...
                              X