Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metlife

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
    After the last Super Bowl, I can't imagine the NFL allowing another Super Bowl here.
    it didn't snow and wasn't freezing cold that is a success to me! but the NFL really should give a Super Bowl to Washington DC Daniele Snyder has wanted a SB for years but the NFL told him you need a Stadium with a roof. I thought the NY SB opened the door for cities like DC Personally football should be played in the elements not in warm climates or domes, that's just boring to me. weather its the Super Bowl or regular season. I will take the ice bowl or a snow storm game over a warm climate super bowl just more exciting!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
      I am not a fan of the new stadium itself either.

      I know I'll sound like cranky old time guy, but the new Stadium is just so blahh.

      I can't believe they spent 1.6 billions n in that, and that I paid for seat licenses either.

      Getting in and out of the parking lots is harder now too.

      Hopefully MetLife stadium will grow on me over the years now.
      I will say this in the lot I park in I have no issues getting out. But getting in is a pain. For the Cowboy's game with was crazy. They closed one of the booths getting into the lot. Best thing I can do about getting out of the staduim is get up at the 2 min warning no matter what. Get outside to one if the big screens and finish watching it there. You can save yourself a good amount of time. Getting out.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
        Well their holding the draft this year in a stadium.
        Nope. Unless you consider the Philadelphia Museum of Art a stadium. It's actually in a temporary theater in front of the museum.

        But thanks for playing ;-P

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
          The pats did a heck of a job with Foxboro. Nice hotel lots of restaurants and shops. They made it a year round destination. Metlife looks like a dump compared to the new staduims being built.

          As far as stadiums go, MetLife is the better stadium. I hate stadiums that don't go all the way around the field. Foxboro wins with the stores around it. I live in Massachusetts and my primary doctor is actually located at patriot place.

          The restaurants do well. The retail stores do not in Foxboro.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
            After the last Super Bowl, I can't imagine the NFL allowing another Super Bowl here.




            +1

            I still can't believe how they lucked out between snow storms during that brutal winter of 2014!!
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
              The pats did a heck of a job with Foxboro. Nice hotel lots of restaurants and shops. They made it a year round destination. Metlife looks like a dump compared to the new staduims being built.


              The location itself isn't prime for a year round destination. Who would want to go to the Meadowlands for any other reason during the summer when you could go to NYC, Long Island or upstate NY? The only reason to go there during the summer is for concerts and that's it. I wouldn't drive all the way there just to eat at a restaurant, or to a hotel or bar.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
                The location itself isn't prime for a year round destination. Who would want to go to the Meadowlands for any other reason during the summer when you could go to NYC, Long Island or upstate NY? The only reason to go there during the summer is for concerts and that's it. I wouldn't drive all the way there just to eat at a restaurant, or to a hotel or bar.
                People do it at Foxboro all the time. And trust me there's nothing around there. If you put a hotel and have the indoor ski slope and a water park people would definitely go all year around. Add a giants Hall of fame. Heck people still go for training camp in the summer anyways.

                That being said I think that whoever owns metlife missed a big opportunity. They should have put a retractable roof, to make compete with Jerry world to get final fours, ncaa football championship, ect.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
                  People do it at Foxboro all the time. And trust me there's nothing around there. If you put a hotel and have the indoor ski slope and a water park people would definitely go all year around. Add a giants Hall of fame. Heck people still go for training camp in the summer anyways.

                  That being said I think that whoever owns metlife missed a big opportunity. They should have put a retractable roof, to make compete with Jerry world to get final fours, ncaa football championship, ect.
                  People go for the restaurants at Foxboro. The retail establishments not so much. Kraft controls that whole empire of the stadiums, pats, revs, the mall, etc.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by NYG6timeworldchamps View Post
                    People go for the restaurants at Foxboro. The retail establishments not so much. Kraft controls that whole empire of the stadiums, pats, revs, the mall, etc.
                    You might be right. But the one time I went the stores were pretty busy too. And I don't recommend davios steakhouse. I had a horrible experience there. Capital grill is far better.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
                      People do it at Foxboro all the time. And trust me there's nothing around there. If you put a hotel and have the indoor ski slope and a water park people would definitely go all year around. Add a giants Hall of fame. Heck people still go for training camp in the summer anyways.

                      That being said I think that whoever owns metlife missed a big opportunity. They should have put a retractable roof, to make compete with Jerry world to get final fours, ncaa football championship, ect.



                      I'd rather die a thousand deaths than to go to the Meadowlands for social entertainment other than for a New York Giants football game.. I can't wait to get out of there and get back onto Long Island ASAP once the game is over. They would need to build a Disney World there to make it an all year round location.
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X