Metlife

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metlife

This is a bit off topic in a way,but I read where the Packers will look to host the draft sometime in the near future.They are also in the process of developing the grounds around their stadium,which got me to thinking.The grounds around Metlife is it being developed,lot of teams are doing the mixed used thing and I did read that the state did give the Giants and Jets the right to develope the land around Metlife.Are they doing so are is it still sitting idle.Doing so could help bring in more $ and better their odds of another SB.

Wait.. how would this better our chances of getting to the super bowl?
    If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
      Wait.. how would this better our chances of getting to the super bowl?
      pretty sure he meant odds of hosting another SB

Comment

Originally posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
        pretty sure he meant odds of hosting another SB
        Ahhh derp
        If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Hotels,restaurants,shops fan friendly activities would help,not saying its a slam dunk but could help.I read Green Bay wanted to host a draft and was using their developement their doing around their stadium as a tool to give fans more to get into and enjoy their time while there.Mainly just wanted to know are the Giants getting into the mixed used thing like others

Comment

After the last Super Bowl, I can't imagine the NFL allowing another Super Bowl here.

Comment

Originally posted by cornerback30 View Post
              This is a bit off topic in a way,but I read where the Packers will look to host the draft sometime in the near future.They are also in the process of developing the grounds around their stadium,which got me to thinking.The grounds around Metlife is it being developed,lot of teams are doing the mixed used thing and I did read that the state did give the Giants and Jets the right to develope the land around Metlife.Are they doing so are is it still sitting idle.Doing so could help bring in more $ and better their odds of another SB.
              Drafts are usually held in hotels or theaters. Don't know how developing around the stadium is going to attract the draft.

Comment

Who knows what's going on in the surrounding area. That started working on this billion dollar mall that no one wanted... So there is this half project that is never going to get picked up but going to stop anything actually useful from going there...

Its a shame but the people that are actually in a position to make development happen there don't have a clue what to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                  Drafts are usually held in hotels or theaters. Don't know how developing around the stadium is going to attract the draft.
                  I suppose you can have a theater or arena around the stadium. The nets and devil's used to play right next to Giants Stadium.. If they wanted I suppose they can host the draft there...

Nothing really beats radio city music hall though I felt like that was an awesome spot. I never got to go to the draft I always assumed that it will always be here...

Comment

The pats did a heck of a job with Foxboro. Nice hotel lots of restaurants and shops. They made it a year round destination. Metlife looks like a dump compared to the new staduims being built.

Comment

the Giants and Jets do not own the land surrounding Metlife...they can't do anything there.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
                        The pats did a heck of a job with Foxboro. Nice hotel lots of restaurants and shops. They made it a year round destination. Metlife looks like a dump compared to the new staduims being built.
                        What i was wondering,can the Giants do the same

Comment

Originally posted by cornerback30 View Post
                          What i was wondering,can the Giants do the same
                          most likely not, they don't own the land. They already have the failed Xanadu project that was purchased by the owners of Mall Of America that needs to be completed first. If that is ever finished, it will be a huge attraction to tourists with an indoor ski slope, waterpark and one of the biggest malls in the country. I'm not looking forward to the already brutal traffic
                          because I live in the next town own from the stadium.
                          Last edited by DownWitJPP; 04-03-2017, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
                            I am not a fan of the new stadium itself either.

I know I'll sound like cranky old time guy, but the new Stadium is just so blahh.

I can't believe they spent 1.6 billions n in that, and that I paid for seat licenses either.

Getting in and out of the parking lots is harder now too.

Hopefully MetLife stadium will grow on me over the years now.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                              Well their holding the draft this year in a stadium.

Comment

Working...
                              X