Need some help getting to stadium

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help getting to stadium

Hey guys, I'll be flying in for the Giants/Detroit MNF game. I'm spending Sunday night in Manhattan. My question is, would it be better/easier to stay in the same hotel Monday night or should I get a hotel close to the stadium for Monday night?

I won't have a rental car and I'm very confused on whether cabs can go from NYC to NJ, what the price would be, availability of cabs after game and if they will go from NJ to NYC, etc. Looks like another option is trying to catch a train or light rail from Penn Station to (how close to the stadium can I get?) and will those trains be running close to midnight when the game is over?

Sorry for tne confusion but I'm trying to make hotel reservations, get tickets, etc and I'm confused as hell.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by mrmeng View Post
    Hey guys, I'll be flying in for the Giants/Detroit MNF game. I'm spending Sunday night in Manhattan. My question is, would it be better/easier to stay in the same hotel Monday night or should I get a hotel close to the stadium for Monday night?

I won't have a rental car and I'm very confused on whether cabs can go from NYC to NJ, what the price would be, availability of cabs after game and if they will go from NJ to NYC, etc. Looks like another option is trying to catch a train or light rail from Penn Station to (how close to the stadium can I get?) and will those trains be running close to midnight when the game is over?

Sorry for tne confusion but I'm trying to make hotel reservations, get tickets, etc and I'm confused as hell.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    There's a Hilton across rt 3 that should be fairly easy to get to from the stadium. We used to walk across one of the highway ramps to get there but they've changed things so i'm not sure how easy that is now - maybe someone else in here knows or they run a shuttle?

Other option is to take the train out of Met Life parking lot after the game to Secaucus Junction (that's the only place it goes) and then take a NJ Transit train from there (SEC on the schedules) to Penn Station in Manhattan. Last train to Penn Station is at 2:00 AM or so i believe - then they start again at 5:00 or so. Getting to the stadium from NYC is the opposite - NJ Transit train from Penn Station to SEC, then dedicated train from SEC to Met Life.

They also run buses from Port Authority near Times Square to Stadium on game days but I've never done that. The bus lines after the game do not look like fun though.

Comment

I've taken the train it is kind of a mess on the way home, I think a cab would be about $50 per way, haven't taken the bus.... maybe get a price from Uber
      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Working...
      X