Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Saints Cheerleader sues the Saints

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/3/...rimination-nfl

This is about a week old, but I am surprised that it doesn't happen as much. They make damn near minimum wage. The rules that they are required to follow are also ridiculous. I can understand why the giants don't have any cheerleaders. IMO it is because of the potential of lawsuits and harassment claims. What are your thoughts?
    “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

That was crazy to read what these cheerleaders are going through!

they are only paid $10.25 an hour...so $41 total for a four hour game. Only 8 games a year for a non-playoff team...so $328 a season.

So for a little more than $300 they receive the joy of cheering for their team and having every second of their personal life controlled?!? Ridiculous!

maybe I have that wrong, but if that is true, why do any of these women become cheerleaders? I do not see the benefit

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue:TNG View Post

they are only paid $10.25 an hour...so $41 total for a four hour game. Only 8 games a year for a non-playoff team...so $328 a season.

So for a little more than $300 they receive the joy of cheering for their team and having every second of their personal life controlled?!? Ridiculous!

maybe I have that wrong, but if that is true, why do any of these women become cheerleaders? I do not see the benefit
      Maybe trying to be motinoti on national TV and use it as a springboard to something more lucrative??
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
        Maybe trying to be motinoti on national TV and use it as a springboard to something more lucrative??

How many NFL cheerleaders (former and present) have prospered from their NFL cheerleading occupation?

Comment

+1

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
            Good point. I guess you would consider it like an intern job for little To no pay

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post

How many NFL cheerleaders (former and present) have prospered from their NFL cheerleading occupation?
              They are far and between. Stacey Kiebler was a Ravens cheerleader and used that opportunity to spring a career into the WWE and then into modeling. There are a few others that slip my mind. The odds are very slim.
              “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

NFL cheerleaders are useless sex objects. Glade the Giants don't have any. This girl knew what she was getting into ,I have no sympathy for her .

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post

No clue. Just my best guess. I do know some got small spots on movies but from there noy sure. Surely some would be good enough backup dancers to catch on with a singing group or movies like "Coyote Ugly" or "Burlesque" ??
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

+1

Comment

the benefits of being around many young wealthy player,owners and other people .Lets not forget that it is a part time job and for you or me to get the same view of the game we would have to pay thousands of dollars.

Comment

I heard people talking about this. The restrictions the Saints place on the cheerleaders is ridiculous.

They are not permitted to be in a social setting with the players so if a player walks into a restaurant while they are dining; they must leave the premises.

No more my ***.

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post

the benefits of being around many young wealthy player,owners and other people .Lets not forget that it is a part time job and for you or me to get the same view of the game we would have to pay thousands of dollars.
                          I don't think they do it for a good view of the game. First of all, the view stinks. They're at field level, behind everybody on the bench, the photographers and all the hangers-on, stuck at one position on the field, and with those damn cheerleading responsibilities. I don't think these are necessarily football fans.

Comment

They must enjoy it since they are working for the teams.
                            I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Working...
                            X