NGT: Pats trade Cooks to Rams for 1st Round pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGT: Pats trade Cooks to Rams for 1st Round pick

Patriots are trading WR Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to LA Rams for the 23rd overall pick in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft and a sixth-round pick, league sources told ESPN.

Discuss

I guess that takes the Rams out the WR trade market

Maybe there is a possibility for 2 1sts for obj. Rams are looking solid.

Comment

And thus, the "Odell to the Rams" talk can finally cease.

Comment

I didnít buy it that they are trading him anyway.

Comment

Maybe the Pats are now in the WR market.
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Pats are trying to move up for Mayfield.. just a hunch

Comment

They get Beckham damn.
              I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

I am very much looking forward to watching Odell Beckham take 5 yard slant routes to the house in a Giants uniform for many seasons to come.

Comment

I said this a bunch of times, no GM in their right mind will trade for OBJ at the price the Giants are willing to accept.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
                    I said this a bunch of times, no GM in their right mind will trade for OBJ at the price the Giants are willing to accept.

I agree and that is just fine by me. Pay what he's worth or don't waste the Giants time. The Rams - if they were bidding at all - were doing that.

Comment

......and no team would give up 5 players and 6 draft choices for Herschel Walker.
                      These are not rigorous owners. The GMs know better but they report to the owners and there could be some total fool out there who will give us 2 #1s.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

......and no team would give up 5 players and 6 draft choices for Herschel Walker.
                        These are not rigorous owners. The GMs know better but there could be some total fool who will give us 2 #1s.
                        please note, I used the "right mind' qualifier in my post. We are accepting trade offers from any and all idiots.
                        sigpic

Comment

please note, I used the "right mind' qualifier in my post. We are accepting trade offers from any and all idiots.
                          and maybe the owners are not as nuts as they used to be but there are still a lot of ego maniacs out there.

For a guy like Beckham, I can see some owners leaning into their GM to do something stupid. I am not expecting it but I wouldn't be surprised to see it.

Comment

well someone just gave up a first round plus for a way inferior WR to beckham
                            Last edited by ShineOnForever; 04-03-2018, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post
                              Patriots are trading WR Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to LA Rams for the 23rd overall pick in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft and a sixth-round pick, league sources told ESPN.

Discuss

I guess that takes the Rams out the WR trade market
                              The Patriots do it right. Cooks was entering the last year of his rookie deal and would ask for a lot (like Odell), and the Pats would never pay so they moved him. The Pats will sign some okay veteran or draft some rookie WR and STILL make a run for the Super Bowl. I hope Gettleman takes note of how a dynasty handles rookies entering their last season under contract and are pushing for an unrealistic salary.

Comment

Working...
                              X