Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGT: Pats trade Cooks to Rams for 1st Round pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by jomo View Post

    ......and no team would give up 5 players and 6 draft choices for Herschel Walker.
    These are not rigorous owners. The GMs know better but they report to the owners and there could be some total fool out there who will give us 2 #1s.
    Heck, I would take the Browns 4th pick and their two seconds for Odell.....that would allow the Giants to move along way along their rebuild.

    Comment


    • #17
      Interesting that the Pats would trade their #1 young WR, who they just acquired a year ago, for draft picks. Gronk is talking about retirement and Welker is a 7th round pick entering his 9th year coming off injury. Their other top WR didnít play football in college.

      How important is the WR position to the Patriots? Would they pay Odell $20M?
      Last edited by PennState1; 04-03-2018, 06:34 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
        I didnít buy it that they are trading him anyway.
        no matter how many times DG or JM say "Odell is not on the block," you will get a certain number of fans who insist they can read minds and predict the future. they were never going to trade OBJ.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Southern Living View Post

          The Patriots do it right. Cooks was entering the last year of his rookie deal and would ask for a lot (like Odell), and the Pats would never pay so they moved him. The Pats will sign some okay veteran or draft some rookie WR and STILL make a run for the Super Bowl. I hope Gettleman takes note of how a dynasty handles rookies entering their last season under contract and are pushing for an unrealistic salary.
          That dynasty you refer to has been the exception to the rule in the NFL on so many levels the last 17 years. There is a hell of a lot more to success in the league than just imitating moves of the best team of the last decade and a half--otherwise, at least several other teams would be enjoying the same annual success as do the Pats. No other team has, not on the same year-to-year basis.

          Also, it is highly probable Cooks thinks enough of himself that he will ask for Antonio Brown level of salary and guarantee ($17m/yr) because he believes himself to be at AB level. He's not. Whereas, Beckham is. So any remote comparison of the 2 situations is flawed, if not outright irrelevant.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Southern Living View Post

            The Patriots do it right. Cooks was entering the last year of his rookie deal and would ask for a lot (like Odell), and the Pats would never pay so they moved him. The Pats will sign some okay veteran or draft some rookie WR and STILL make a run for the Super Bowl. I hope Gettleman takes note of how a dynasty handles rookies entering their last season under contract and are pushing for an unrealistic salary.
            Bill needs lineman. It wouldn't shock me to entice a team like the Browns, who have so many picks, to trade up multiple picks to get back into the 1st Round for that Rams pick. Browns have a ton picks to move back into the 1st Round and Bill gets a lot of high picks.

            Comment


            • #21
              The Pats traded a 32nd pick for Cooks and then 1 season later traded Cooks in for a 23rd pick. They made actually gains with the trades... sort of like how the Eagles traded away Foles to eventually get Wentz and eventually Foles back in return. And of course, this is the level of trading that the Giants organization is nowhere near capable of doing.
              Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 04-03-2018, 07:57 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by jomo View Post
                Maybe the Pats are now in the WR market.
                They have 2 firsts and 2 seconds right?

                Brady to OBJ???

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                  Interesting that the Pats would trade their #1 young WR, who they just acquired a year ago, for draft picks. Gronk is talking about retirement and Welker is a 7th round pick entering his 9th year coming off injury. Their other top WR didnít play football in college.

                  How important is the WR position to the Patriots? Would they pay Odell $20M?
                  Welker has been retired for years

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The Pats do not care about WR. They need Gronk. And now itís sounding like they need to start thinking about replacing Gronk. Gronkowski is what makes their offence go.

                    They also need to get another QB on the roster.

                    this is just the Pats being the Pats.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

                      Welker has been retired for years
                      Sorry, Edelman

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by alwaysready View Post

                        no matter how many times DG or JM say "Odell is not on the block," you will get a certain number of fans who insist they can read minds and predict the future. they were never going to trade OBJ.
                        I donít want them to but I will say if you absolutely know you canít resign him then try to get something for him. Do what Miami did with Landry but only if all other options are off the table.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by alwaysready View Post

                          no matter how many times DG or JM say "Odell is not on the block," you will get a certain number of fans who insist they can read minds and predict the future. they were never going to trade OBJ.
                          It is the crazy that is on full display this off season.
                          "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X